Why so serious?

Phoenix Down

Permanent Fixture
Jun 18, 2010
MBTI
ENTP
Enneagram
3w?
Valumtimes day is a time for lurve and other such wonderfulness.

So why all the dejected looks?

I mean when I ask people "why the long face" they usually tell me it's because their single... I'm single and I love valentines day!
I can understand if valentines day recently led to some sort of drama that led to you're hopes, dreams, heart, or feelings being crushed... but I find it hard to believe that everybody who's single and hating it on valentines day had a recent traumatic experience.

Personally I think there should be a day EVERY week when people give cards and candy to their friends and loved ones, and I look forward to the day I have a significant other I can spend valentines day with.

Seriously people. Lighten up!

Reactions: Gaze
I have seen enough people wearing pink and red for the rest of my life.
:(

That's the only thing that annoys me about today o_o

I had a friend who told me 4 times or more over the weekend not to mention valentines day to him, and that if I did he would block me and never speak to him again.

He's really really bitter because he's been in several bad relationships and finally I got so annoyed at him that I just told him that if he bothered to stop looking desperately for love and could deal with not being in a relationship it might come to him.

Even when I was single, I never resented people in love. You can appreciate all kinds of things on a day like today. I told my friend that he has several friends who care about him, and that's more than some others have. The day is about love, it doesn't necessarily have to be about partnerships only.

<3 +1 !

I personally, to the singles, would simply prefer to say Happy Single Awareness Day. :D

i don't mind Valumtimes day but it always sems to have so much drama around it. i can't hate a day were everyone gives me candy :)

Everyday should be like a holiday.

We are creatures of fickle taboos and rituals. Look at the perpetuation of religions all over - even if one is right, there are so many different ones that the point still holds true. People often try to combat valentines day by making the day into some kind of singles day... as if the best way to fight a fake monster is to build another fake monster.

Those that feel awful today tie THEMSELVES with chains... they simply have society's blessing to do it. Of course they'll never admit it. There are a million excuses out there for them. Ironically, none of those excuses will make them feel any better about the bad feelings they create within themselves, with society's permission.

Things like this are only fun when they aren't serious, exactly what the label of this thread said (kudos kudos). It's only when we don't take it serious that it's enjoyable at all. Look at guys who worry like crazy about things like "I hope my girl's satisfied with what I got her. I hope the material possessions and meal that I've purchased for her fulfill my expectation that she will feel loved." As if it's the way to make a girl happy. Valentines Day is an excuse to go and eat candy or go out to dinner. So is a Friday. So is any god damned day you want it to be! Our lives are not dictated by calendar dates and our actions aren't directed by the general consensus - They're manifested by us!

So if someone wants to feel sad, it's their perfect right to... because they'd like to feel down... because they'd like to avoid running their life by themselves. I suppose. :O

Reactions: Gaze