the

Si master race.
Banned
Feb 17, 2009
MBTI
ISTJ
Enneagram
9w1
Why do gays want to be involved in such a thing in the first place?

Its more or less the final step, and makes things feel very official.

Marriage exists because it protects the rights of the couple and their children within the context of a society's laws. Many gay couples have children and, regardless of what some may think, those children deserve the same protection as the children of straight parents. If two people love and are committed to each other, regardless of their sexuality, they should be able to have a legally sanctioned relationship that confers the same rights available under marriage and family law. That is, they should be able to get married. Why shouldn't a gay person be able to make health decisions for a loved one in the hospital? Why shouldn't gay couples have the same inheritance and property rights as straight couples? We could go on and on with this list. It's a matter of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Thus, it is strange that many people think they have the right to vote against the basic human rights of others. Anyway, it seems that the younger generation is not as backward in its thinking than older generations when it comes to gay (i.e., human) rights. So, notwithstanding "tea party" hysteria, things will change, if not now, eventually.

I think it's about having the right to get married. And why on earth would anyone care what other people in the world are doing in their personal lives! It doesn't effect me if Joe and Bob from wherever get married, it has absolutely nothing to do with my life. Why would i want to get in the way of someone's happiness?

With that said, however, i think it's a dead institution. Divorce rates are very high. And i can't understand the concept behind linking yourself to someone legally... if you love them and want to spend the rest of your lives together...then just do so. Not to mention you really can't say with certainty that you are going to be with someone for the rest of your life. It traps people, makes it difficult to leave. You should trust in your "love" instead. Just be happy together. (as cheesy as that sounds)

I would consider marriage in only a few rare circumstances, such as needing to become a citizen of another country in order to be with someone that i was very serious about.

Just my pov, marriage isn't for me, but that doesn't mean it isn't for other people. And power to them! Do what you want, be happy.

It's simple, for equality, mainly for the children under the union, they deserve to live under the benefits of a heterosexual couple.

With that said, however, i think it's a dead institution. Divorce rates are very high. And i can't understand the concept behind linking yourself to someone legally... if you love them and want to spend the rest of your lives together...then just do so. Not to mention you really can't say with certainty that you are going to be with someone for the rest of your life. It traps people, makes it difficult to leave. You should trust in your "love" instead. Just be happy together. (as cheesy as that sounds)

I would consider marriage in only a few rare circumstances, such as needing to become a citizen of another country in order to be with someone that i was very serious about.

Just my pov, marriage isn't for me, but that doesn't mean it isn't for other people. And power to them! Do what you want, be happy.

Marriage is very popular among divorced people. They keep getting remarried. It's admirable, in a way, if you believe in perseverance. Marriage is hardly dead.

Sometimes you have to be practical, so you don't get screwed. Indeed, if you love someone, and are committed to growing old together, it's really kind of stupid not to get married. If you don't believe this, talk to a lawyer.

We have a friend who lived with, and loved, a woman for 26 years. They never married. She died in an auto accident, driving to work. Her children inherited all her property. He was evicted from the home he had shared with his lover for 26 years. Bad enough to grieve. Worse to be treated like nothing, like your love never happened. Sad, very sad.

For the same reasons straight people do...Which I find baffling as well.

I think it has more to do with the equal protection clause and less to do with the marriage part.
:msith:

But what about the institute of marriage? This idea completely destroys that.
Marriage is a sacred thing between God, a Man and his Wife.

That is religious view, but civil marriage is a sacred thing between two individuals (sadly stated man and woman) endorsed by government.

Let me ask my God.

Oh mighty God, can I marry whoever I please?

YES SATYA! YOU MAY MARRY WHOMEVER YOU WISH!

There ya go. My God says it is cool. Now don't go imposing what your God says on me or I'll go all Jihad on your ass.

A question.

ROFL.

Here is my solution. Since my God seems to disagree with other people's God, then why don't we just sit back and let them work it out. They are supreme beings so I'm sure they can figure it out.

Until then, those who don't agree with gay marriage can simply choose not to get gay married, and I'll marry whatever guy I want. That way, no one is imposing their views on the world and everyone is living their own life and minding their own business.

ROFL.

Here is my solution. Since my God seems to disagree with other people's God, then why don't we just sit back and let them work it out. They are supreme beings so I'm sure they can figure it out.

Until then, those who don't agree with gay marriage can simply choose not to get gay married, and I'll marry whatever guy I want. That way, no one is imposing their views on the world and everyone is living their own life and minding their own business.

but what will the politicians argue over, if they can't biciker over this they'll actually try to solve real world problem. I could be the end of world hunger as we know it.

but what will the politicians argue over, if they can't biciker over this they'll actually try to solve real world problem.
No!!!!!!!

Reactions: acd