Why are you here? | INFJ Forum

Why are you here?

sookie

On Holiday
Oct 29, 2009
MBTI
INFX
What drives you to keep coming and reading posts. Do you come here for the community and to know other people. Are you looking to know yourself more? I am curious because we are all I's which mean that we are driven by our inner world...What do you want to learn about from this forum?

Reactions: bs98r3kjf and Gaze
To be able to interact with people like me, something I can't find in the outside world because well I have an extremely hard time knowing people and I'm misunderstood, in here I have peace and know that I'm able to express my ideas freely, I find this sort of like a family, we are here for each other, we help each other, we aid each other etc. I just want to learn more about my personality. while being able to interact with people who think like me for once.

I am here for the same reasons too (as Both previous posts).

I have felt so alien for the last 38 years, and so many members here are young, I am so happy for them that they found this site now.

38 years is a long time to go without knowing your own kind. I love to help others if and when I can, and who better to help and support, but other kind and lovely sensitive souls like my own? :)

It's a great place to find the company I crave as well... I love all the members a lot, ALL the members, even the ones whom I don't always agree with how and what they think and feel etc. (usually other MBTI types) I'm accepting of everyone as we all have a purpose here in this world, and have such amazing worth.

I am here because I feel support and companionship from other members. I feel UNDERSTOOD for once in my lifetime... and for a 38 year old, let me tell u, that is HUGE.

:m045: I love you guys, lol....... I know I know, how emo...

Last edited:
What drives you to keep coming and reading posts. Do you come here for the community and to know other people. Are you looking to know yourself more? I am curious because we are all I's which mean that we are driven by our inner world...What do you want to learn about from this forum?

I'm here because I'm addicted. I really want to leave, but I can't.

I come here because it allows me to express myself, connect with people of like minds that I wouldn't be able to otherwise. This place has also lead to so many self-discoveries within me as well. Had I not come here, I would likely be very different then how I am now (and I mean this truthfully).

I'm here because I'm addicted. I really want to leave, but I can't.

haha, well I'm glad your addicted because I don't want you to leave, and I bet I can speak for all of us!

I'm not sure. I guess its just to understand people better. i've always been interested in psychology and in uncovering why people in similar circumstances can react so differently, and this forum gives me ample opportunity to witness that. also, infj's are sweet. i mean that sincerely, if there was one type i would describe as consistently nice, it would probably be them. its a quality i find intriguing, and bewildering, because it is unlike so many other people ive met, as well as myself.

Initially I came here looking for a better understanding of myself and the whole MBTI thing. God knows sometimes it's hard living your life as an INFJ, not (or barely) being able to relate to others, being misunderstood by the majority of people you spend your time with everyday. At least that's the way it is for me. It was a real eye-opener for me to realise that I'm 'not alone'. On here it's not 'weird' to be your INFJ self. Being among people that think, act and feel more or less the same way as you do.. it's nice, comforting in a way. Reading posts from people who go throught the same thing every day, and who understand, really helps a lot.

What I didn't expect at all when I came here however was the fact that I was going to develop some pretty close friendships with some of the members, but I did, and I'm very grateful for that.

to not feel so damn lonely

Wow, such a lot of great comments! Mine will echo what you have already heard. I love being amongst my fellow INFJ's! I have encountered so few in my life that think and feel like I do. It is so wonderful to be with my own people and be understood without having to try and explain, or worse yet, fake it. Ria is right, 38 (or 44) years is a long time to wait for understanding. The internet is still a recent thing--really!

I am oh so tired of feeling apologetic for being a sensitive, feeling male. It does not automatically make you a whimp or gay!! Regardless of type, I have made some good friends here. It is a warm and comfortable place to play and be.

I like it here. It's comfy. I'm not on as much as I used to be, but it really helped me learn about myself and people and become more comfortable in my own skin. That's invaluable.

I like the people on here a lot. It's a sense of community.

I want to control all the INFJs in the universe!!!!

Ahem. Sorry. Channeled a bit of Shai Gar there.

Seriously though, I came originally to learn more about myself and to confirm that I was an INFJ. I've seen other INFJ sites and they weren't nearly as compassionate, as balanced, or as calming as this one. This was the first INFJ site that felt like "home."

I have always been much different online than in person. With most people online, I either seem absolutely abnoxious, cold and distant, or too wierd. I feel right at home here, it seems like almost everyone "gets" me.

Plus I love free hugs. :D

*GIVES OUT FREE HUGS*

I feel more myself here, and more in touch with people here...I know that sounds really lame! But I do...I love my friends, my family...but here..you all get my weird quirky humor...my sad bastard stories, and poems...You all just get me :m024:

I'm not really here, actually. I'm just a ghost. Boo!

:D

*Shoots TDHT with his ghostbusters beam gun thingy, whatever you call it!*
*tdht's ectoplasm splatters all over neverami*

Dude! That's not even possible. There's no such thing as a ghostbuster's ray gun! :)