Why are so many INFPs delued that they are INFJs? | INFJ Forum

Why are so many INFPs delued that they are INFJs?

Hector

Community Member
Oct 16, 2014
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
INFP = I am superspecial, me me me, nothing but me
INFJ = Liberte, egalite et fraternite

Overly simplified?

Does not compute, beep boop.

Reactions: Hotaru
INFPs are ok, but they tend to lack the courage of their convictions..

I think both are over-rated.

ESTJ FTW.

Reactions: h097b3w86
I believe all people want the same, it is only their methods that differ..

INFPs are ok, but they tend to lack the courage of their convictions..

Very true, I'm surprised of this observations comming from this thread..
INFPs are kind of like a moralist full of moral ideals and good intentions but...there is little action there, almost none. And also there is no courage, like you said, because there is no action.

INFPs are kind of like a moralist full of moral ideals and good intentions but...there is little action there, almost none. And also there is no courage, like you said, because there is no action.

Yep..they are good friends until "shit hits the fan", then you are usually left alone.

Seriously. When I'm about to get covered in turbine feces, INFPs always jump the proverbial ship.

If they really cared about other people instead of living in fantasy land, they'd embrace the brown like the rest of us, the fuckin' pansies.

Reactions: SealHammer
Seriously. When I'm about to get covered in turbine feces, INFPs always jump the proverbial ship.

If they really cared about other people instead of living in fantasy land, they'd embrace the brown like the rest of us, the fuckin' pansies.

hahaha

INFP = I am superspecial, me me me, nothing but me
INFJ = Liberte, egalite et fraternite

Overly simplified?

Its not simplified, its not true in my opinion.

INFPs have the kind of head (or mind) that can efforthlessly judge very VERY clearly moral intentions. Exactly like INFJs have it with Ni, so are INFPs "at home" with their Fi.
The ideal of their Fi is to "serve", or to love others. ISFJ are the same. Those are the kind of people who have no problem judging someone's else character to pieces, remembering exactly how the respective person acted in certain situations, thus making a "map" out of that person's character. Based on that "map", they basicaly can act like the biggest hypocrites in the whole world.
Because they judge and they judge harshly, but they forget to judge themselfs.

There is this stupid myth that INFPs are "sweet" and all that. Its a lie. I know INFPs who are so full of themselfs that they are practicaly impossible to talk with.
Or to be more correct (in case other INFPs are reading this), there are two kind of INFPs, from my real life observetions: the first ones are lacking self-confidence, they are very dreamy and lost in their moral ideals (some of them might live their entire life like that). The other ones are stuborn, inflexible, demonstrating a firm character (at least at the level of their intentions) and very very proud people.(inmagine a ESTJ, kind of the same style) If you ask one of those INFPs about themselfs, they will answer that they are the ideal person to be, and they are wondering why not anybody else its like them(exaclty like the ESTJ answer). That's not arrogance, its something they really believe. (that's stupidity actualy).

How is that comparing with INFJs?
Firstly and I think most importantly, INFJs don't have a certain "pride" or "dignity" like INFPs, because INFJs are on low key and learn from their experiences. The difference? INFJs are honest, straight blunt if they must be, exaclty like ESTPs. INFPs are not, they don't have the balls to be honest, like ESTJs also.
I've saw proud INFJs, but nothing compared to the pride of a INFP...why?
Because the INFJ's pride comes from self-confidence, self-reliance or things like that, but the pride of a INFP comes from a much more "assured" place, from a place of morality. The INFP thinking goes like this:"I know how to love, I know how to behave correctly, I know how to that and this, and I am perfect!" Their pride is somehow much more idiotic, if you think about it.

Of course, INFPs have good points also. I mean, you can expect from a INFJ to become the next Hitler or a serial criminal, but that's much more improbable from a INFP...its beyond their dignity as moralists...

INFPs pride comes out of their vanity.
INFJs out of their heart.

So much hate in this thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: SealHammer

I wouldn't say we lack courage as much as the fact that we give up easily. Because of Fi the question is always, "How much energy and I going to spend trying to change someone else?" The answer more often than not is not that much.

Its not simplified, its not true in my opinion.

INFPs have the kind of head (or mind) that can efforthlessly judge very VERY clearly moral intentions. Exactly like INFJs have it with Ni, so are INFPs "at home" with their Fi.
The ideal of their Fi is to "serve", or to love others. ISFJ are the same. Those are the kind of people who have no problem judging someone's else character to pieces, remembering exactly how the respective person acted in certain situations, thus making a "map" out of that person's character. Based on that "map", they basicaly can act like the biggest hypocrites in the whole world.
Because they judge and they judge harshly, but they forget to judge themselfs.

There is this stupid myth that INFPs are "sweet" and all that. Its a lie. I know INFPs who are so full of themselfs that they are practicaly impossible to talk with.
Or to be more correct (in case other INFPs are reading this), there are two kind of INFPs, from my real life observetions: the first ones are lacking self-confidence, they are very dreamy and lost in their moral ideals (some of them might live their entire life like that). The other ones are stuborn, inflexible, demonstrating a firm character (at least at the level of their intentions) and very very proud people.(inmagine a ESTJ, kind of the same style) If you ask one of those INFPs about themselfs, they will answer that they are the ideal person to be, and they are wondering why not anybody else its like them(exaclty like the ESTJ answer). That's not arrogance, its something they really believe. (that's stupidity actualy).

How is that comparing with INFJs?
Firstly and I think most importantly, INFJs don't have a certain "pride" or "dignity" like INFPs, because INFJs are on low key and learn from their experiences. The difference? INFJs are honest, straight blunt if they must be, exaclty like ESTPs. INFPs are not, they don't have the balls to be honest, like ESTJs also.
I've saw proud INFJs, but nothing compared to the pride of a INFP...why?
Because the INFJ's pride comes from self-confidence, self-reliance or things like that, but the pride of a INFP comes from a much more "assured" place, from a place of morality. The INFP thinking goes like this:"I know how to love, I know how to behave correctly, I know how to that and this, and I am perfect!" Their pride is somehow much more idiotic, if you think about it.

Of course, INFPs have good points also. I mean, you can expect from a INFJ to become the next Hitler or a serial criminal, but that's much more improbable from a INFP...its beyond their dignity as moralists...

That INFJ kid I know that I hate is dreamy and stuck in his own world for morals and stupidity and that is why I hate him. Now he's an INFJ for sure, he's also and Enneagram 4. I don't think that kind of, 'whoa is me, the world doesn't understand me, I am unique and everyone should be like me' is so much of a MBTI thing than an Enneagram 4 thing. And while I almost completely agree with the INFP answer being the same as the ESTJ answer lol we don't usually tell you guys that much about ourselves. If an INFP did tell you that he/she probably had angst towards you *whispers* cause that's a secret o.o

Now I don't think any INFP thinks they're perfect unless they're completely deluded. I think INFPs are perfectionists and strive to be their idea of perfection, in themselves, more than any INFJ would because of that Fi. I agree that INFJs and really anyone with Fe will seemingly always depend on an outside source for their confidence. INFPs, because of that Fi are so severely confident in themselves but at the same time we're a work in progress and we're not perfect -yet.

INFJs will be more likely to see the progressions in the people around them, INFPs will be more likely to see their progressions in themselves.

Enneagram 4 is where that 'I'm unique' crap comes from and that's crazy and I don't like that either. At the same time a lot of INFPs are Enneagram 4.

Enneagram 4 is where that 'I'm unique' crap comes from and that's crazy and I don't like that either. At the same time a lot of INFPs are Enneagram 4.
I don't think a person can be a certain Enneagram type his whole life. The character changes, to better or to worse.
Enneagram as a system just observes some archetypes, idiosyncrasies and characteristics of people and poorly frames them into just 9 types, with no real basis of explanations for the behaviour of those types.

Take for example the type 4 in Enneagram. What is a Individualist? It is something who's behaviour can be described in virtue of itself or just in comparation with other people? Can it be that a person can be a Individualist loner all his life? And if it can, in the virtue of what...there is some DNA Individualist code in him, or its something about his character as a person?
What if the Enneagram descriptions are true in a descriptive perspective, but not in a prescriptive one?

I was supposedly a Enneagram 4, a few years ago. I thought I would be a loner all my life, and I was searching for that "something" that was missing me, exactly like in the Enneagram description. Later I've discovered that it was all in my head, and I can change in the direction I want, especialy my very core, my character.

Needless to say, I think I know now that all these MBTI, Enneagram, Big 5, Socionics and whatever you want are after all valuable in a descriptive sense, but it says nothing more, something of a real insight and value. It just observes how people act, their desires, their fears, their needs, and making some "types" out of them. But people do change in a lifetime, sometimes surprisingly much.

That INFJ kid I know that I hate is dreamy and stuck in his own world for morals and stupidity and that is why I hate him. Now he's an INFJ for sure, he's also and Enneagram 4.
Yeah, INFJs are dreamy also, but not for moral ideals. That's a Fi thing. INFJs think and delude themselfs that they know something about morality. Most of INFJs who are lacking self-confidence want to save the world...when they get better with their life, sudenly they forget to save the world. The history is full of dreamers with saving the world fantasies, yet in the very place they were born, the majority of people there were better moraly.9that's just something I can bet for).

I hate to say it, but we are very superficial beings in this sense.

INFJs will be more likely to see the progressions in the people around them, INFPs will be more likely to see their progressions in themselves.
I don't think that's true. Every person wants to see progression within himself, not just INFPs.

Reactions: Dave Fallon