Who would you trust more and... why? | INFJ Forum

Who would you trust more and... why?

Eventhorizon

Permanently relocated
Banned
May 19, 2013
MBTI
INTJ
There are two people to choose from. One a devout follower of a religion that has a single omnipotent god at its center, the other is a humanist. Both share equal intelligence and status in the world.
One day you find yourself in a situation where you need help or you will die. You must decide which will help you of the two for both cannot. There is no immediate solution to your predicament, something no one will know until your help arrives.
Who would you choose to help and why?

This question reminds me of Euthyphro, one of the earliest Socratic dialogues. The dating of this dialogue is estimated to be 399 BCE

"Is the pious loved by the gods because it is pious? Or is it pious because it is loved by the gods?" In other words do we do good things in hope of getting a positive reward, like heaven or because it pleases God, or do we do good things because doing good has some inherent objective value? If some actions are independently right regardless of God's commandments and this is recognized by a moral and rational person, I would think you would be better off with the humanist.

Is there any evidence that deeply religious people are more moral and act in a more moral fashion than non-religious people?

There are two people to choose from. One a devout follower of a religion that has a single omnipotent god at its center, the other is a humanist. Both share equal intelligence and status in the world.
One day you find yourself in a situation where you need help or you will die. You must decide which will help you of the two for both cannot. There is no immediate solution to your predicament, something no one will know until your help arrives.
Who would you choose to help and why?

I really don't care but if it would be that I am extremely hurt and I had to choose one to help me, then I'd chose the humanist. It absolutely makes my skin crawl thinking that someone I don't know would go religious on me at a time like that.

Whoever is closest.

the one with the booze

What people profess they would do and what they actually do when the shit comes down are really two very different things

If you're doing business with a religious son-of-a-bitch, Get it in writing. His word
isn't worth shit. Not with the good lord telling him how to fuck you on the deal.
W. S. Burroughs

[video=youtube;bcZxCA8Wbbg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcZxCA8Wbbg&list=RDbcZxCA8Wbbg[/video]

Is the humanist by any chance a trans-humanist? If yes, then I'd go with them and get me some robot arms.

Otherwise, whoever looks the most competent.