Who do you want to replace? | INFJ Forum

Who do you want to replace?

knight in battle

Feb 28, 2011
MBTI
INFJ
It is said that people have a tendency to replace half of their "core friends" every several years.

Who do you want to replace in your life? (friends, close/regular acquaintances)
Replace them with who?
Why?

Edit: changed title, etc

Last edited:
I don't replace friends at all. Friends come and go in a physical sense in your life but if they were really friends you carry them with you forever and nothing replaces them.

To want to replace my friends would show that they were never really friends. I don't want to replace any of them.

To want to replace my friends would show that they were never really friends. I don't want to replace any of them.

Yep, this.

I agree with the last two posters, at least on principle, but what knight means is that through the sheer vicissitudes of life, it's impossible to keep a clique together for too long. Simply progressing through school and university or switching careers or moving practically guarantees it. I mean, I'm still on good terms with people I knew when I was little, but I definitely don't hang out with them as much anymore. To answer the question, there are no genuine friends I'd like to replace. There are people I socialize with whom I do not enjoy socializing with, but they are almost exclusively friends-of-friends.

Reactions: knight in battle
A couple of work colleagues, who are kind of friends: because they operate on the assumption that our friendship is based on their personality on not on our work/interests.