Which PS3 game should I buy? | INFJ Forum

Which PS3 game should I buy?

This

Banned
Oct 16, 2010
MBTI
Enneagram
I'm looking to buy myself a PS3 game for christmas as a gift to myself. I'd like to buy them all and probably will eventually but I have to pace myself here, lol.

Here's what I'm looking at:

1.) Skyrim: Looks pretty good, but I think it may be hard to motivate myself into playing it when I still have an active WoW account.

2.) Battle Field 3: I have some friends that are REALLY into this game but play it on PC, since I have very limited interest in PC gaming I wouldn't be playing with them and have to go off the merits of the game itself. Unsure.

3.) Modern Warfare 3: I've heard good things about the call of duty series but haven't played one myself. I'm a bit hesitant to pick it up for playstation though because I may buy an xbox 360 at some point in the near future and I'd prefer to use the 360 pretty much exclusively for FPS and exclusives.

4.) Heavy Rain: This one interests me a lot with the choices and everything but I'm a little worried the game might be short.

5.) Metal Gear Solid 4: Here's the problem, I haven't played 1-3, will that effect the story significantly?

6.) God of War 3: Same problem as Metal Gear Solid

7.) Assassin's Creed revolutions: I think if I do this I will have to buy Assassin's Creed 2 and Assassin's Creed Brotherhood as well.

8.) Little Big Planet: Heard good things but don't know enough about it, I could use a good platformer though.

9.) Bayonetta: Looks pretty bad ass but not sure how the play will be.

So yeah, if you have any idea what I should get let me know :/

Outside is the MMORPG of the century. Try that shit out.

Outside is the MMORPG of the century. Try that shit out.

Heard that one has a lot of griefers and no end-game to it though.

As for the topic...

Those tiny analog sticks in controllers just aren't suited for 3-d style gaming IMO at least. I'd much rather have the "what you see, is what you get" approach a mouse a keyboard provide.

I've heard nothing but good things about Skyrim though and I'm even tempted to give it a shot.

I'm looking to buy myself a PS3 game for christmas as a gift to myself. I'd like to buy them all and probably will eventually but I have to pace myself here, lol.

Here's what I'm looking at:

1.) Skyrim: Looks pretty good, but I think it may be hard to motivate myself into playing it when I still have an active WoW account.

2.) Battle Field 3: I have some friends that are REALLY into this game but play it on PC, since I have very limited interest in PC gaming I wouldn't be playing with them and have to go off the merits of the game itself. Unsure.

3.) Modern Warfare 3: I've heard good things about the call of duty series but haven't played one myself. I'm a bit hesitant to pick it up for playstation though because I may buy an xbox 360 at some point in the near future and I'd prefer to use the 360 pretty much exclusively for FPS and exclusives.

4.) Heavy Rain: This one interests me a lot with the choices and everything but I'm a little worried the game might be short.

5.) Metal Gear Solid 4: Here's the problem, I haven't played 1-3, will that effect the story significantly?

6.) God of War 3: Same problem as Metal Gear Solid

7.) Assassin's Creed revolutions: I think if I do this I will have to buy Assassin's Creed 2 and Assassin's Creed Brotherhood as well.

8.) Little Big Planet: Heard good things but don't know enough about it, I could use a good platformer though.

9.) Bayonetta: Looks pretty bad ass but not sure how the play will be.

So yeah, if you have any idea what I should get let me know :/

I think you'll get more out of MGS4 if you play 1,2 and 3 first but it's not crucial since mgs4 is loaded with flashbacks of the previous games. I only played the 3rd game but I had a pretty good idea of what was going on. You can also get a grasp of the story line if you read about it on wiki or gaming forums. It's a great game, one of the best I have ever played. =)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_Gear_Solid

Gamer nerds only know how to play with their own joysticks...

I'd recommend Skyrim or MGS4, overall. They're both pretty well rounded with regards to a lot of the things you mentioned (story, length, fun, etc.). I greatly enjoyed the MGS4 story even though I've never played the others, although a lot of it didn't make much sense to me, it's a very cryptic and hard to follow storyline anyways - very deep and well done too though. Heavy Rain has the potential to really knock your socks off as well, it's probably the most story and character driven of all those games (MGS4 comes close). Definitely recommend playing it with the PS Move if you can get one; that's what really made it memorable for me.

Bayonetta's an interesting one because it wasn't that popular, yet I really loved it. My main two complaints are: a) The story is really poorly done. b) Medium difficulty is way too easy, and hard difficulty is frikkin' impossible. The hard difficulty setting is definitely something to master; it pretty much demands flawless performance from the very beginning.

Anyway, I've played/finished most of those, and those were my four favorites.

Reactions: This
Gamer nerds only know how to play with their own joysticks...

Yeah you should know, you own an xbox...

hKM7x.png

No, I have an Xbox. It was left by my brother and is in a box in a back room collecting dust. I have not played said Xbox....and er....don't have a joystick...

*rolls eyes*

No, I have an Xbox. It was left by my brother and is in a box in a back room collecting dust. I have not played said Xbox....and er....don't have a joystick...

*rolls eyes*

I know :D