[INFJ] - Which movie character do you relate to most? | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] Which movie character do you relate to most?

Alice97

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Mar 8, 2016
MBTI
INFJ
Which movie character (or book character) do you relate to the most and why?

I tried to answer this, but it's weird, I can't. This surprises me because I have always loved literature and film. However, currently I have such a crappy sense of self that I really have trouble identifying with anyone, fictional or otherwise.

Last edited:
Reactions: #@&5&49
Vlad Taltos

I don't know if I relate to him but often think about the Outlaw Josie Whales. "Dyin and much of a liven..."

This is a tough one. A combo of Professor Gerald Lambeau (Stellan Skarsgård) and Sean Maguire (Robin Williams) in Good Will Hunting.

Reactions: Free and #@&5&49
Malcolm Reynolds from the Firefly TV show / Serenity movie has always hit home for me.

I can relate to Buffy, from Whedon verse. Her lonliness due to an inferiority complex over a superiority complex really struck home.

Sometimes just me

Last edited:
Nausicaä.

She likes giant insects, I like giant insects. 'Nuff said.

Reactions: Free
Bruce Wayne.

"You gotta learn to hide the anger, practice smiling in the mirror. It's like putting on a mask."

Reactions: Tin Man and rawr
I tried to answer this, but it's weird, I can't. This surprises me because I have always loved literature and film. However, currently I have such a crappy sense of self that I really have trouble identifying with anyone, fictional or otherwise.

^ me. *sigh*

Reactions: PintoBean

I also can't relate to most characters but for me it is because most characters only have depth that is sufficient for advancing the story they are in, which makes them a bit 2D compared to myself.

Alice from Through the Looking Glass. Just me trying to navigate a world that I don't understand well, but want to.

Reactions: Free
Timmy Maplewood

Elizabeth Bennett from Pride and Prejudice (it has to be the role played by Keira Knightley)...I see a lot of myself in her or qualities that I admire.... :wink:

she's spunky, has inner strength but is also vulnerable, not afraid to go against the norms of society or the trend and expectations of how she's meant to behave, she's determined but playful, has wit and intelligence, forgiving and able to move on, not superficial, has depth, is a good judge of character but also not afraid to admit when she's made a mistake, has no problem saying NO when people expect her to say YES! I'm sure there's more....:)

I really connected with Ashitaka, especially with Billy Crudup's voice-over. Most of Ursula K le Guin's Earthsea characters are definitely on my wavelength, as well.

On those days where I'm feeling really frustrated and overwhelmed, I identify quite a bit with Bill Foster from Falling Down. For the times you really just want to tell the world to go fuck itself.

[video=youtube;hLmuF-0P4tk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLmuF-0P4tk[/video]