Which Description Fits You Best?

jyrffw54

שכינה עוֹלֶה
Jun 29, 2010
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I came across this on the INTJf. I really like it because you see all 16 types side by side...without the names. So read the description, find the one(s) that fit you best and click on the number to reveal the type corresponding to it.

( 01 )

Quiet, serious, earn success by thoroughness and dependability. Practical, matter-of-fact, realistic, and responsible. Decide logically what should be done and work toward it steadily, regardless of distractions. Take pleasure in making everything orderly and organized – their work, their home, their life. Value traditions and loyalty.
( 02 )

Quiet, friendly, responsible, and conscientious. Committed and steady in meeting their obligations. Thorough, painstaking, and accurate. Loyal, considerate, notice and remember specifics about people who are important to them, concerned with how others feel. Strive to create an orderly and harmonious environment at work and at home.
( 03 )

Seek meaning and connection in ideas, relationships, and material possessions. Want to understand what motivates people and are insightful about others. Conscientious and committed to their firm values. Develop a clear vision about how best to serve the common good. Organized and decisive in implementing their vision.
( 04 )

Have original minds and great drive for implementing their ideas and achieving their goals. Quickly see patterns in external events and develop long-range explanatory perspectives. When committed, organize a job and carry it through. Skeptical and independent, have high standards of competence and performance – for themselves and others.
( 05 )

Tolerant and flexible, quiet observers until a problem appears, then act quickly to find workable solutions. Analyze what makes things work and readily get through large amounts of data to isolate the core of practical problems. Interested in cause and effect, organize facts using logical principles, value efficiency.
( 06 )

Quiet, friendly, sensitive, and kind. Enjoy the present moment, what’s going on around them. Like to have their own space and to work within their own time frame. Loyal and committed to their values and to people who are important to them. Dislike disagreements and conflicts, do not force their opinions or values on others.
( 07 )

Idealistic, loyal to their values and to people who are important to them. Want an external life that is congruent with their values. Curious, quick to see possibilities, can be catalysts for implementing ideas. Seek to understand people and to help them fulfill their potential. Adaptable, flexible, and accepting unless a value is threatened.
( 08 )

Seek to develop logical explanations for everything that interests them. Theoretical and abstract, interested more in ideas than in social interaction. Quiet, contained, flexible, and adaptable. Have unusual ability to focus in depth to solve problems in their area of interest. Skeptical, sometimes critical, always analytical.
( 09 )

Flexible and tolerant, they take a pragmatic approach focused on immediate results. Theories and conceptual explanations bore them – they want to act energetically to solve the problem. Focus on the here-and-now, spontaneous, enjoy each moment that they can be active with others. Enjoy material comforts and style. Learn best through doing.
( 10 )

Outgoing, friendly, and accepting. Exuberant lovers of life, people, and material comforts. Enjoy working with others to make things happen. Bring common sense and a realistic approach to their work, and make work fun. Flexible and spontaneous, adapt readily to new people and environments. Learn best by trying a new skill with other people.
( 11 )

Warmly enthusiastic and imaginative. See life as full of possibilities. Make connections between events and information very quickly, and confidently proceed based on the patterns they see. Want a lot of affirmation from others, and readily give appreciation and support. Spontaneous and flexible, often rely on their ability to improvise and their verbal fluency.
( 12 )

Quick, ingenious, stimulating, alert, and outspoken. Resourceful in solving new and challenging problems. Adept at generating conceptual possibilities and then analyzing them strategically. Good at reading other people. Bored by routine, will seldom do the same thing the same way, apt to turn to one new interest after another.
( 13 )

Practical, realistic, matter-of-fact. Decisive, quickly move to implement decisions. Organize projects and people to get things done, focus on getting results in the most efficient way possible. Take care of routine details. Have a clear set of logical standards, systematically follow them and want others to also. Forceful in implementing their plans. ( 14 )

Warmhearted, conscientious, and cooperative. Want harmony in their environment, work with determination to establish it. Like to work with others to complete tasks accurately and on time. Loyal, follow through even in small matters. Notice what others need in their day-by-day lives and try to provide it. Want to be appreciated for who they are and for what they contribute.
( 15 )

Warm, empathetic, responsive, and responsible. Highly attuned to the emotions, needs, and motivations of others. Find potential in everyone, want to help others fulfill their potential. May act as catalysts for individual and group growth. Loyal, responsive to praise and criticism. Sociable, facilitate others in a group, and provide inspiring leadership.
( 16 )

Frank, decisive, assume leadership readily. Quickly see illogical and inefficient procedures and policies, develop and implement comprehensive systems to solve organizational problems. Enjoy long-term planning and goal setting. Usually well informed, well read, enjoy expanding their knowledge and passing it on to others. Forceful in presenting their ideas.

-Source

You need to spoiler the names. Anyway I went over there and tried to forget what I saw.

I picked ISFP and was drawn to ENFJ and INFP.

Types are visible without clicking on the number.

I fixed it. I accidentally copied it after I clicked through everything lol.

Reactions: Siamese cat
I could relate to these 4: ISFP, INFP, INTP, and ENTJ - surprised i could identify so strongly with the last one

INTP is the only one I didn't disagree with at some point.

INFP resonated more, but I didn't agree totally with the loyalty.

Not surprisingly, ISTP, ISFP, ENFP, and ENTP were all tangentially relevant. INFJ and INTJ a little bit too.

ISFP and ISTP have started applying to me since I've gotten engrossed in visual arts, though in this case I'd still have agreed with ISTP.

Last edited:
Based on this, I was most drawn to ISFJ and INFJ, (both of which I've received before,) but also, to a lesser degree, ISFP. I think I may be smack-dab on the border between S and N. I'm totally a dreamer, but I'm also quite pragmatic.

INTP is the only one I didn't disagree with at some point.

INFP resonated more, but I didn't agree totally with the loyalty.

Not surprisingly, ISTP, ISFP, ENFP, and ENTP were all tangentially relevant. INFJ and INTJ a little bit too.

ISFP and ISTP have started applying to me since I've gotten engrossed in visual arts, though in this case I'd still have agreed with ISTP.

I definitely could see you as ISTP. You may be very intuitive but I see this as Ni more than Ne.

I related to ISTP and INFJ the most, followed by INTP.

I definitely could see you as ISTP. You may be very intuitive but I see this as Ni more than Ne.

Yeah, I'm not so sure about the primacy of auxiliary over tertiary. Both of them can work in tandem with the dominant function, so aside from practically needing something to extravert (or introvert) at some point, I think the tertiary doesn't necessarily have to be weaker.

Plus, within the variation of INFJs, there seems to also be subtypes of Fe-INFJs and Ti-INFJs. There'd almost certainly be a similar thing for ISTP, but of course it's received much less attention in typology communities. I'm merely toying with the idea though, because at this point INTP explains my nature well, especially if you dissociate emotion from the logic(T)-value(F) dichotomy.

I/ENTJ and ESFP..

Yeah, I'm not so sure about the primacy of auxiliary over tertiary. Both of them can work in tandem with the dominant function, so aside from practically needing something to extravert (or introvert) at some point, I think the tertiary doesn't necessarily have to be weaker.

Plus, within the variation of INFJs, there seems to also be subtypes of Fe-INFJs and Ti-INFJs. There'd almost certainly be a similar thing for ISTP, but of course it's received much less attention in typology communities. I'm merely toying with the idea though, because at this point INTP explains my nature well, especially if you dissociate emotion from the logic(T)-value(F) dichotomy.

Well I find it helps if you break it down to either being a divergent thinker (start with one idea and move outwards into many possibilities) or a convergent thinker (break all the possibilities down into one idea). The former is Ne, latter is Ni. These are the easiest functions to decipher for me and solidifies me as an Ni user who's a P type. So my type can only be from the SP group.

I see what you're saying with the situations needing either extraversion or introversion, I also extend this idea to situations needing judging and perceiving values. When I'm at work I go into an Ni/Te mode, in a comfortable enviroment I'll Fi/Se.

Well I find it helps if you break it down to either being a divergent thinker (start with one idea and move outwards into many possibilities) or a convergent thinker (break all the possibilities down into one idea). The former is Ne, latter is Ni. These are the easiest functions to decipher for me and solidifies me as an Ni user who's a P type. So my type can only be from the SP group.

I see what you're saying with the situations needing either extraversion or introversion, I also extend this idea to situations needing judging and perceiving values. When I'm at work I go into an Ni/Te mode, in a comfortable enviroment I'll Fi/Se.

Divergent/convergent thinking is an interesting concept. When it was framed that way, I actually related more to convergent. I trim the fat in ideas. I can relate to divergent in a lot of ways too though. Perhaps my work hat is interferring. I need to be very convergent at work.

Divergent/convergent thinking is an interesting concept. When it was framed that way, I actually related more to convergent.

I trim the fat in ideas.

Ni. Therefore ISTP. If you're sure of the P that is.

I could tell which one was for INFJ, because that description I have read almost verbatim on several other sites.
So, I went to the next one I related to most.

ISFP
Tolerant and flexible, quiet observers until a problem appears, then act quickly to find workable solutions. Analyze what makes things work and readily get through large amounts of data to isolate the core of practical problems. Interested in cause and effect, organize facts using logical principles, value efficiency.

I can't ever see it as being anything you can relate to. It just is.

When I said I don't relate to it, I meant that it is not a cognitive function that is strong in me. Not strong at all.

When I said I don't relate to it, I meant that it is not a cognitive function that is strong in me. Not strong at all.

Maybe because that like me, you're very introverted.

I chose 03.

I can't see what this means.
So... I have no idea.

If I had to choose another
I would probably choose
possibly 04 though it's not
very accurate.

I have a major issue with
most choices but 03 fits
well and 04 possibly could
if I changed myself a little.