Where do you meet people everyday? | INFJ Forum

Where do you meet people everyday?

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
Where do you meet people in your life everyday?

It seems more difficult meet people so I'm curious about where you tend to meet people who develop an ongoing contact or relationship everyday, whether work, home, school, etc.?

Where do most of your social associations come from?

Sadly, I don't meet people, generally speaking. I became acquainted with most of my associates through a game I play competitively, and other than that I rarely make friends. In my entire four years at university I have met no new friends there, and I have met only one at my current internship placement, mostly due to consistent efforts on the part of the other person. I should probably attempt to be less socially evasive.

Reactions: Gaze
Most ongoing contacts are from college or a church/religious group. Most of the loyal ones were through the internet; needless to say, "ongoing contact" usually doesn't include meeting.

Most of my non-ongoing contacts are from institutional settings, like classes. I don't stay in contact unless there is a strong one on one affinity.

Last edited:
They fall into my lap. Work, classes, bars, restaurants, book stores, bus stops, hotel lobbies. As to the how, well, I talk to them. Most aren't interested in my deal. A few were.

That online shit is tricky, though. I'd only consider it these days if they live nearby and want to grab coffee or a drink or something. Something laid back. No drawn out correspondence. You know, so's I can assess if they're after my liver.