Where do you find hope and how do you take heart? | INFJ Forum

Where do you find hope and how do you take heart?

Lark

Rothchildian Agent
May 9, 2011
MBTI
ENTJ
Enneagram
I find that when I'm facing serious adversity I take consolation from philosophy, religion, authors and sources which are able to combine the both, these give me hope because most of my favourite authors of this kind are optimistic and forward thinking and allow me to take heart because its good to read that your views are shared by others too.

That's besides the simple help, support and company of family, friends and loved ones which helps too. What do you do?

I find that when I'm facing serious adversity I take consolation from philosophy, religion, authors and sources which are able to combine the both, these give me hope because most of my favourite authors of this kind are optimistic and forward thinking and allow me to take heart because its good to read that your views are shared by others too.

That's besides the simple help, support and company of family, friends and loved ones which helps too. What do you do?

When I need hope and love, I think hard about all the love I've experienced in my life. I remember the wonderful memories with my grandparents, the kind gestures that friends have given me, or the encouraging words I've received from mentors.

I also find reflective writing helps me. If I can just reflect on how I feel and write my emotions out, this helps me a lot. :)

[video=youtube;63fqkE6D_Og]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63fqkE6D_Og[/video]

I also find reflective writing helps me. If I can just reflect on how I feel and write my emotions out, this helps me a lot. :)

Me too, I've been doing that from the day I read Adrian Mole's secret diary and began a diary of my own.

Me too, I've been doing that from the day I read Adrian Mole's secret diary and began a diary of my own.

Awesome! I find it so helpful!

I find it difficult to read/watch/ingest material (especially emotion laden stuff) when I'm upset...I find I experience it so much more intensely and it's overwhelming!

Awesome! I find it so helpful!

I find it difficult to read/watch/ingest material (especially emotion laden stuff) when I'm upset...I find I experience it so much more intensely and it's overwhelming!

I'm a very strong TJ type so my motives maybe are not the same but I like to analyse myself and the events of the day or moment.

I use the simple help... often if I'm upset or come across some complication I google search until I find an answer that 'fits'.
I take bad things that happen as a learning experience. I mean, it's either you or them that needs rectifying generally.

It gives me hope that I have come so far from where I have been before in my life. That I have conquered so many barriers and clumps on the way, there will still be many others obstacles on the road but I know that I can win them and live my life. :)

Reactions: barbad0s
Honestly outside. Looking at nature for as corny as it sounds. The absolute complexity of everything suggests order that is not accident. Nothing more than this but though life itself is not guaranteed or easy, its very existence in a place so hostile to it indicates it is fearless.

Anyway, there are lessons to be learned there and it is from there that I derive hope.

My only hope is Christ.

My only hope of salvation is Christ. My only hope of making it through each day is Christ.

Christ alone is both God and man, and therefore, Christ alone can both save and sympathize with me.

He's my Great High Priest and Mediator who reconciled me to God through his own precious blood.

He's my Great Shepherd who leads me beside the still waters as I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Death.

He's the one who calms the storms, and gives grace in time of need.

And he's the Bread of Life that came down from Heaven, upon whom I feed, and have everlasting life.

What a Savior!

As the hymnwriter said:

"My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus' blood and righteousness;
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly lean on Jesus’ name.

On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand,
All other ground is sinking sand."

Last edited: