Where did you find your significant other? | INFJ Forum

Where did you find your significant other?

Where you go to meet your match I guess depends on what it is that you're looking for. If you're looking for someone contained and thoughtful who's happier at home reading a book on a Saturday night, you might find them in a book club, in a university class, or in a library or bookstore. If you're looking for someone outgoing, chatty who likes a good party, you'd probably meet people who fit that criteria out on a Saturday night.

I met mine through friends. He's quiet, thoughtful, intelligent and generous. He's perfect. :smile:

On an MBTI forum actually.

She used to just lurk, but eventually she created an account. I was flirting outrageously with everyone. But then she took my attention and I started flirting exclusively with her.

She's Intelligent, Thoughtful, Generous, Sensitive, and an INFJ.

She doesn't know it yet though.

Nat: at whatever place seems quiet and appealing to you - you may find other types similar to yours lurking in those out of the way places.

It'll happen, when the time's right. :) Sometimes it takes a really, really lo-o-ng time, but when everything comes together time-wise and (from what I hear) you stop worrying about it, it happens. :m168:

I picked mine up at the local Wal-Mart. Hah.

Online forum

I think online interaction can be especially helpful for introverts because you can take whatever time you need to post a reply and not lose the moment by not responding in person. I also think the online forum can be a helpful filter for the more rare personality types. With 6+ billion people in the world, finding one compatible person is a combination of using some kind of social filter and random luck. It might be a good idea to do some volunteering in a charitable cause because that tends to filter in people who want to be helpful or kind. Online forums filter in different sorts of things depending on the forum. I never tried the dating sites, but one drawback I see in those is that everyone is *trying* to attract someone so there is more motivation to provide false information. In the chatty forums people let their guard down a little more and so may provide a more honest picture.

You've obviously not seen my online dating website profile. I don't try to attract, I try to chase away the ones who are not worth it.

She was my next door neighbor. You find love in the most unlikely places....:m015:

I find my guys seemingly almost by accident. My ex husband came home from Switzerland and came to visit his mom who was out of town. I was taking a bath. My ex after I left him was walking to a bar as I was taking fresh air in the evening, he lived just across from where I was staying with friends. My ex fiance I knew before and randomly met again at a camping event. I met my last ex bf at a bar on my friends birthday. We went to watch a movie at a friend's house and we cuddled all night.

I hope to meet a guy while doing laundry in the laundry room. Typical, but it sounds like it could be fun. Plus I know he has his own place.

I remember the days when girls wanted to live with you now it seems it's the other way around lol...:mpoke:

How I entered into my first relationship and found my current boyfriend [he is an entj, btw] is nothing short of bizarre.

I'm a regular member of another, very large forum. I was just posting a lot and minding my own business three months ago until I received a random private message from a guy who commented on a random post I made. We exchanged several lengthy messages, cultivating a sort of big brother-little sister relationship [he was a couple years older than I and lived near by as well, it turned out]. Taking things into instant messenger mode, he asked me for advice about the issues he'd been having with his girlfriend and stalker girls at the time. In that one one-hour conversation over MSN, he trusted me with a great deal of info about himself.

Sounds quick, right ?

Well, what really threw me for a loop was his confession during our second MSN chat, which lasted almost 8 hours. At that point, we had only known each other for around two weeks...meeting over the Internet only no less.
At first, I treated his confession as a joke [because another guy I barely knew did something similar.....but that is another story...]. But, as we exchanged numbers and talked on the phone, I began to get the feeling that he was a genuine person, and, to cut a long story short, after he ended his previous 3-year relationship, we are now in a relationship, and I could not be happier. I'm feeling myself change for the better even more with him.

There are many more details to the story, but this is already pretty unconventional [the whole how-can-a-naive-girl-meet-and-trust-an-older-guy-with-a shaky-relationship-over-the-web scenario] and unbelievable as it is @-@. It still is mind-blowing to me how things fell into place like the way they did. I keep having to remind myself that, while it seems so unreal, it really is real @-@.

the end :m060: [I just wanted to insert a random monkey smiley lol]

I met mine through mutual friends at a bar I was dragged to... and wanted nothing to do with him when I met him. Which must have intrigued him because eventually he convinced me to slow dance with him. He was intelligent and good conversation so I gave him a shot.

If you want to find a SO you have to figure out that you don't need one or even care for one. Once you reach that point, it's practically unavoidable.

I proposed to him on the spot as soon as I read his blog. My exact words were...

"Any man who writes poetry, votes for Ralph Nader, and reads Nabokov and Rimbaud is the man *I'm* marrying. I'm sorry but you have little choice in the matter. You're mine."

His girlfriend was NOT amused. Ha! Its funny because I don't usually go around proposing to random strangers on the net...

I proposed to him on the spot as soon as I read his blog. My exact words were...

"Any man who writes poetry, votes for Ralph Nader, and reads Nabokov and Rimbaud is the man *I'm* marrying. I'm sorry but you have little choice in the matter. You're mine."

His girlfriend was NOT amused. Ha! Its funny because I don't usually go around proposing to random strangers on the net...
Such a badass.

I met my 'complication' in a class he wasn't even supposed to be in. For some reason he never got the notification that the class he thought he was taking had been canceled. He missed the first day too or else he would have found out he was in the wrong class pretty quick. Instead he spent three weeks in it before realizing what was going on.

He basically beelined it for me the first time we were in lecture. We did a school thing together, started drinking and talking sci-fi, and that was that.

Too bad he's got loads of baggage from his last relationship and wants to move across country. Psh. It's a mess. Oh well.

I met my sweetie, tovlo, on an INFP forum. :kiss:

cheers,
Ian

Hey, that's pretty much how I proposed...

Except with the details changed, and over AIM.

Revive this thread! Arise, I say!

I would really love to hear your stories, since my own story is unsatisfyingly short.