When Ni ATTACKS

arbygil

Passing through
Nov 29, 2008
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Do you ever find yourself in a situation where you literally have no clue what you're supposed to be doing, but Ni takes over with that magical insight? I mean, I always get that HOLY CRAP feeling as soon as I start, but then something (hello, Ni) kicks into high gear.

At that moment I always feel somewhat separated from who I am. It's me thinking and doing, and yet...it's not. I don't revel in it because honestly, it scares me spitless when it happens, and yet it all ends up ok.

Do you ever have moments where Ni will "take over" in a sense, when you have no idea what you're supposed to do next?

Or maybe it's just me. :p

Do you ever find yourself in a situation where you literally have no clue what you're supposed to be doing, but Ni takes over with that magical insight? I mean, I always get that HOLY CRAP feeling as so as I start, but then something (hello, Ni) kicks into high gear.

At that moment I always feel somewhat separated from who I am. It's me thinking and doing, and yet...it's not. I don't revel in it because honestly, it scares me spitless when it happens, and yet it all ends up ok.

Do you ever have moments where Ni will "take over" in a sense, when you have no idea what you're supposed to do next?

nope. :D
Or maybe it's just me
doubt it.

Do you ever find yourself in a situation where you literally have no clue what you're supposed to be doing, but Ni takes over with that magical insight? I mean, I always get that HOLY CRAP feeling as so as I start, but then something (hello, Ni) kicks into high gear.

Or maybe it's just me. :p
Welcome to the world of me doing my O Chem homework

Yup I definitely get this. Of course, sometimes my Ni can get things totally wrong, but more often then not it gets it right. I do have to say though, I do NOT like it when this happens, because I become extremely unconfortable if I don't know what I am doing and can not predict what I should be doing. In the end in hindsight it actually isn't so bad though.

Yup I definitely get this. Of course, sometimes my Ni can get things totally wrong, but more often then not it gets it right. I do have to say though, I do NOT like it when this happens, because I become extremely unconfortable if I don't know what I am doing and can not predict what I should be doing. In the end in hindsight it actually isn't so bad though.
+1

I think the best way i can see this happening is when i'm at work, and i have something planned out but for some reason it doesn't work, and suddenly spontaneity kicks in and things begin to flow readily or nicely despite what i initially assumed. Things just started to work out or fall into place without even trying.

Yar, I agree!

This happens especially when I get a new account I've never used before, and I'm freaking out. Then it's like NI NI TIME! And like bam, everything is flowing smoooooooooooooooothly.

I think the best way i can see this happening is when i'm at work, and i have something planned out but for some reason it doesn't work, and suddenly spontaneity kicks in and things begin to flow readily or nicely despite what i initially assumed. Things just started to work out or fall into place without even trying.

Does it happen for you any place outside of work?

Does it happen for you any place outside of work?

Well . . . not sure. Probably not. But i'll have to think about it. It usually kicks in when i'm in a pressure situation and i feel cornered and feel as if i'm running out of options.

I go find the person who is supposed to know and pester them with questions until I know exactly what I'm supposed to be doing.

Yes, this happens a lot to me, especially in editing stories and at work.

A good example was when I was editing the first chapter of something-or-other and I was really stuck. Then, suddenly, I got an inspiring feeling and wrote something that chaged the entire course of the plot.

Weird, but useful.

I get a lot of ahah moments in mathematics and programming/scripting or other forms of analysis.

Life decisions? Not so much.

I was always scared when I get into that stage where Ni takes the charge, but I made a concious decision that I'm going to have a blind trust in that force during several months and it paid of. I shut down all those voices of suspicion that made me scared of going through decisions without having a clear explanation for what I'm doing, and it paid off. I don't think that Ni will be right all the time, but it's my Ni nonetheless, and therefore I should listen to it.

Hmm..just now I experienced something similar, but I dunno if this is one of this or not...
I was tired, I feel stressed and I have to discuss...things, with my ESTJ dad. He...well, was like usual. Patronizing, blunt and ordering. I was SOCLOSE to blowing up (in fact, had I not been taking a nap at 11 PM for two hours or so, I probably would have), when something...just..clicked.
"stop. Don't make mistakes."
And somehow I got a clear head. Still pissed off and still hot-headed, but...my thoughts ran rather clearly. And I was able to finish without blowing up rather ingloriously.

I wish I got those moments more often. Usually anytime I'm doing something and I'm getting that outside-of-myself-feeling that you describe, the decisions I'm making are brain-damaged at best. And it's not that I'm inebriated or anything of the sort. I'm just in a bad place because stress has kicked in so much that I can no longer function at full consciousness because I'm so overwhelmed. It freaks the living heck out of me.

Or maybe that's supposedly the darkside of Se.