What's your research specialty? | INFJ Forum

What's your research specialty?

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
Is there an area or subject that you're good at finding info about?

What area and could you list a few links for that info as an example?

Anyone good at finding the cause and effects of renaissance humanism, LET ME KNOW. I only have a week left to pull 7 pages out of my bum.

also: I'm good at finding stupid info about bands I like :D

-I have at least 6 six I go to for anything related to Twilight
- I have 4 websites I go to for ASL

-I have at least 6 six I go to for anything related to Twilight
- I have 4 websites I go to for ASL
ASL ? Age sex location? Damn Lauren, kinky, kinky, kinky.

What have you found so far?
Ahem. I was given the assignment on August 24th. due november 4th. So far I have found out the following:

Causes:
Diversion from the oppressive church at the time. They wanted a more personal relationship with God, as well as a more fulfilling presence on Earthy.

Rediscovery of ancient Greek and Latin literature, sparked a need for a "return to form" for the people.

The printing press allowed distribution of humanistic literature, thus allowing the movement to spread.

Now the following two I actually couldn't find any sources to quote me, but I know they are true (lol)

- After the black Plague, people essentially wanted... To focus on the human, the life, after becoming so invested in the death.

- As more wealth came into play, less people (though obviously still a very large amount) had to work the fields, thus allowing more time to think, etc.

effects:

-Lessening of the power of the Catholic church

-As well as again, more discovery of latin and greek texts, but also spreading them around. The printing press made it possible, the humanistic movement gave it purpose.

And thats all I can remember for effects, I have maybe 4 effcts, but I'm at work and they are at home.

The issue I'm having is finding sources, since NO encyclopedias are allowed. So obviously no wikipedia (no brainer) however, our college has over 250 databases we can use, and I have checked about 45 of them so far, and almost every article is an encyclopedia article. So it's like "BLERGH ALERT" :m197:

I'm generally quite good at any kind of research, finding and assorting/presenting information.

It's an on the spot thing though, and I don't tend to pay attention to or remember the websites, the information tends to stick around somewhere in my working memory, I will usually be able to remember any relevant information I need, and inferring is also easy too.

I'm a lot more organized when I need to cite my sources though.

Crossfire Commander (program) does wonders of finding organic literature papers based on chemical reactions.

Reactions: Wyote
I think I'm really good at finding anything online. I just use Google and well placed quotes.

WebMD ^_^

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and Women

I did my research paper in the masters program on PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder) and women.

I found there are many traumatic events being considered as leading to PTSD including Betrayal, Auto Accidents, Disasters, and the usual suspects of violence and near death experiences.

A lot of time PTSD leads to Substance Abuse and Misuse. So I read a lot about that as well. Using illicit drugs helps people cope with the flashbacks, hyperarousal, and depression which results from PTSD. Somatic disorders abound as well.

Here are some reliable links to get one started on learning about it:

http://www.ptsdinfo.org/

http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/topics/post-traumatic-stress-disorder-ptsd/index.shtml

SAMSHA is a government site that really cares about people with mental illness and substance use issues.

http://www.samhsa.gov/

Last edited: