Questingpoet

Not Afraid to Use His Beard
Donor
Sep 11, 2009
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I'm not sure if this is the right area. I'm sure the mods will move it if it's not. They don't have to be unhealthy obsessions, just something you are constantly doing or thinking about. Mine are currently my INFJishness and writing poetry (again). My writing bug wanes and waxes, but always returns. It seems there is always something (or someone) I am slightly obsessed with.

So what is your obsession or obsessions?

Drinking water

And then there is always -someone- I'll get obsessed about, thinking about romantically, right now she won't talk to me so it fuckin sucks.

uhm, also going to beans and brews ( a coffeshop) is a pretty big obsession right now

and noodles and company. I have a pretty good hard on for that place.

Perfecting the mouth trumpet, that's right. Sans trumpet.

Someday, I want to perform at weddings. Slow moonlight serenades.. soft jazzy mouth trumpet.

Perfecting the mouth trumpet, that's right. Sans trumpet.

Someday, I want to perform at weddings. Slow moonlight serenades.. soft jazzy mouth trumpet.
Dont you mean the rusty trombone?

My obsession is manicures and pedicures.

Damn. You're right. I always mix the two up the same way I confuse Mick Jaggar and Steven Tyler.

Essentially, yes. Mouth trombone. A la Stanford style.

"You are my obsession, your my obsession, who do you want me to be to make you sleep with me..."

oh HEALTHY obsession...errrr writing perfecting my book. Always thinking about the setting, the characters and so on. Always dreaming about it too, but thats just my muse coming out to play! :m170:

My obsession is watching movies and studying them, trying to find flaws and mistakes in the plot lines.

My obsession is watching movies and studying them, trying to find flaws and mistakes in the plot lines.

What if it doesn't have a plot? Or multi stranded narrative? What if it's one of those films where nothing happens and it's just a slow, poetic meditation on the little things in life?

Mine is understanding myself and others - and primarily trying to find the purpose of my life - I'm a planless INFJ looking to envision a future to plan towards :m068: . Hmmm ouroboros springs to mind.

-daydreaming
-failed relationships
-daydreaming about failed relationships
-chatting via facebook
-idling
-(mbti) typing people
-languages

Woah boy; did you ever open up a can of worms.

TDHT's Official Obsession List
The Daily Things

• My pocket calender and daily schedule
  • Making lists and checking things off.
  • Checking over my stories/letters/emails/posts 100 times over for grammatical errors
  • Getting a nutritional "A" grade on caloriecounter.com
  • Keeping my book spines and pages crisp (I hate folded corners)
  • Keeping the house clean.
  • Neat handwriting
  • Checking my bank statements daily and keeping in budget

The "Hobby" Things

• 17th Century French History
  • Alexandre Dumas novels
  • Creative writing (and everything to do with it)
  • High fantasy & Adventure
  • Scented candles
  • Office supplies (yeah, that's a weird one, but I love new notebooks and pens...)
  • Collages

I'm a little obsessed with teaching. I am constantly trying to find ways to approach things in a different way when a student is having trouble with a concept. I keep notes about what might help each student in a notebook, and make more teaching materials every weekend. I'm rather invested in my job I think because it has been the most reliable one so far and the administration has treated me in a respectful and sane manner which I appreciate a great deal.

I usually obsess about something I'm composing for almost my entire life, but have been having trouble getting back to my best thinking and problem solving since falling into a debilitating depression a year ago. I'm mostly back and work all the time, but my best thinking hasn't entirely come back. At least I have one commission pending which might help kick-start my brain.

Reactions: Blind Bandit
photography. Playing the guitar, listening to good music on a good headphone and player.

I love my photography. I'm starting to bring my cam everywhere I go now. No, I'm not a cam whore. Its just that bring out my cam makes me see things in a very different light and that allows me to take nice shots. At the same time, it allows me to detach myself from situations so that I can see it from different angles and through different lenses hehe

I love my guitar as well. I have to play it at least once or twice a week or I WILL go crazy. Just dont feel so good without hearing its sound at least once a week.

and the biggest of them all. I have a audio technica ES7 and a sony walkman MP3 player. these 2 things follow me wherever I go. If I dont have them, I WILL go crazy. I cant sit still without music and it allows me to recover faster after a lot of social stuff. Its kinda like my home away from home. I will go into my own world the moment I put my headphones on. And I love the sound! sounds fantastic.

pizza . . . thick crust

pizza . . . thick crust

Oh yes, a woman after my own heart. Pizza is all good: thick, thin, extra cheeze, extra sauce. I had to give it up.

pepperoni-pizza-wood_~73347861.jpg

At the moment, I don't obsess but do spend an inordinate amount on:

All things to do with this sport here - especially with Worlds coming up in less than two weeks!!!! :D

[YOUTUBE]qxgNM-ODe5o[/YOUTUBE]

and spiritually-oriented writings.

Another obsession ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

hint: it's not the pizza.

I constantly obsess over finances and about all my responsibilities.

I obsess about being on time and reliable.

I obsess over my relationships.

I obsess over my appearance.

I obsess over interactions I have had during my life and if I offended anyone, and if they offended me.

I obsess over the fact that one day, I might explode over how much time I spend obsessing.

I obsess over weather someone will be safe for me emotionally to be around. (anyone / everyone really).

I obsess over my sensitivity and how I wish sometimes that I was another type because of it.

I obsess over how others percieve me and about how I affect them.

and O yes, a BIG one:

I obsess over my cell phone. (it is my planner, alarm clock, calculator etc.).

At the moment, I don't obsess but do spend an inordinate amount on:

All things to do with this sport here - especially with Worlds coming up in less than two weeks!!!! :D

[YOUTUBE]qxgNM-ODe5o[/YOUTUBE]

and spiritually-oriented writings.

Oh Wow, you have hit on another obsession! My son Connor is a Level 6 gymnast. He has been in it for 7 years. He hopes to go to the Olympics someday. His gym will be sending one girl (possibly two) girls to the next Olympics. Have you heard of Jordan Weiber? She trains at our gym. She won the Tyson Challenge (at 16) against girls that had already competed in the Olympics.