Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
What's your idea of a dream date?

Last edited:
I like cheeseburgers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bellosome and acd
very cliché, tropical island, watching the sunset.

Last edited:
Excellent. I see what you did there! Well played. Or something.

Gondola ride in Venice, mooching around cobbled streets, then a picnic lunch in a church yard with few people around.

I have done something similar in France.

Last edited:
Stars. A nice view from some high place (nature / city at night). Solitude.

A lot of tension building up to first kiss.

Reactions: endersgone
Cuddles outside under the stars.
Wine. Snacks.
Laughs.

Ice skating in the winter under the moonlight and then go to inside a wooden cabin for warm cuddles in front of the fireplace. :mf:

Poking around different shops and boutiques fronting on some cobbled street in Europe shortly before dusk, stopping for drinks at an establishment that serves alcohol and has an outdoor patio with a live band and dancefloor. I'd be wearing a skirt that really swishes when he twirls me around. We'd dance and party and have a ball and then go for a walk at night to a park for some romantic stargazing and hand-holding and smoochies.

In reality, though, we'd probably get mugged.

Having an expensive, fancy dinner, then watching a live music performance together (flamenco ideally) followed by a seriously romantic walk on the beach.

:m054:

I don't know the details but it involves a woman and lots of wine.

Reactions: Happy Phantom
I'm going to be greedy/cheeky and have 2 dream dates (I just couldn’t decide!).

DREAM DATE 1
My date and I both love the US, particularly Portland, Oregon. So first date would start in the US with a morning hike (say 10 miles) stopping at various points for treats, views, etc. Lunch would be wherever the best Philly steak with fries is served, then race and ride dune buggies in the Oregon dunes national park, afterwards take a romantic stroll along the coast (I would be collecting driftwood) and then find the most amazing camp site, with a camp fire going while I put my feet up and relax....while dinner was being prepared (cooked of course by my lovely date).

DREAM DATE 2
If in the UK, then the date wound start in the Lake District with paint balling, lunch would be at the Lakeland café, depending on mood and energy levels (either do one or all three activities) we head off to the driving range, game of tennis or go to a swing patrol dance class....dinner would be at my favourite Italian restaurant, evening would end either at the ballet or the theatre watching a classic play (and if allowed we would like to enjoy our triple chocolate sundae as we watch).

Bliss!

A picnic, preferably in the Swiss Alps, or on a normal weekend, if it's sunny enough at Green Park in London, surrounded by ducks and our favourite pets running around. Then maybe checking out some art galleries or else dropping in at a gastropub to say hello to friends. Then going home to take a bubble bath while I can run ideas by him while he's massaging my feet, and I ask himhoney don't forget to pick up the organic wine tomorrow at the market and we have that concert we're supposed to go to with Suki and Rob, so I had your shirt laundered... and while my voice trails off, we'll dry each other off and rub organic coconut butter onto our bodies and he'll sing a song he had just written so that I may listen to him before sleeping so that he's the last thing on my mind....oh wait, you say, a first date? In that case, perhaps meeting up for lunch or going to a book reading will do. Nothing too complicated, as I don't like to waste time with people I have zero chemistry with and might need a quick getaway.

Reactions: Nelah
missread as "dream state".

adGpKpo.gif

somewhat disappointed..

OT: I have never really thought much about a dream date. I think I'd rather just do whatever, and just enjoy being together.
Perfect dates feel a bit pretentious to me, but who knows.

Reviving this thread!

I would love to eat French Macarons and pastries outside of a small cafe while sipping coffee or tea. I need careless chatter about nothing important but also the ability to dive deep into meaningful and vulnerable conversation. Then I would love to walk home hand in hand after sunset and gently kiss under a street light while the sounds of the night enhance my senses and make the moment feel louder and more intense.

I also could sleep in late, make breakfast together and climb back into bed and cuddle with the windows open while sunlight pours in.

:m096: