Spiritual Leo

On Holiday
Apr 14, 2011
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
Thinker
What is your favorite style of music?

I know this is really hard to answer because there are so many great artists out there, but if you could only listen to one style of music the rest of your life, what would it be?

Personally, mine would be electronic music because there is a wide variety- ranging from ambient into chillwave- into hardstyle

Reactions: endersgone
I'd have to say electronic as well. It's incredibly diverse and quite a few of my favorite tunes fall into this category (or one of it's many sub-genres).

ooh, that's hard to answer

electronic, if it also included human voice

otherwise, asian pop

or pianobar jazz

or orchestral

omg can't decide

Progressive Rock. Personally, I hate electronic! :fear:

I want to hear real instruments, played by real people, playing real notes. I took a college course in electronic music and after I pressed 4 notes on a keyboard I programmed, I realized I just made the next New Wave, Adult Contemporary hit... with a total of 5 minutes of effort. I was left very unsatisfied, like a part of me died inside after that.

Progressive Rock is that genre you know when you hear it. The Who, Jethro Tull, ELO, Yes, Queen, Rush, Styx, Queensryche, Dream Theater, Symphony X, Trans Siberian Orchestra - bands that sound different from their mainstream counterparts, tend to fall into that category. Give me some odd time signatures, complex melodies, unusual instrument blends, skilled musicians, epic stories and meaningful lyrics and you got yourself real band in my opinion! :D

Progressive Rock. Personally, I hate electronic! :fear:

I want to hear real instruments, played by real people, playing real notes. I took a college course in electronic music and after I pressed 4 notes on a keyboard I programmed, I realized I just made the next New Wave, Adult Contemporary hit... with a total of 5 minutes of effort. I was left very unsatisfied, like a part of me died inside after that.

Progressive Rock is that genre you know when you hear it. The Who, Jethro Tull, ELO, Yes, Queen, Rush, Styx, Queensryche, Dream Theater, Symphony X, Trans Siberian Orchestra - bands that sound different from their mainstream counterparts, tend to fall into that category. Give me some odd time signatures, complex melodies, unusual instrument blends, skilled musicians, epic stories and meaningful lyrics and you got yourself real band in my opinion! :D

I listen to a bit of progressive rock. Especially those 2. ^^ =)

My favorite style of music is Metal. I love the destructive vocals combined with the intensity of the instruments.

I will say though, that I don't hate keyboards... and yes, I know they can be considered electronic but... I mean... well... take a look!

[video=youtube_share;e03cdj5sS2E]http://youtu.be/e03cdj5sS2E[/video]

This is a really really hard question for me to answer because I love pretty much everything other than death metal and I'm pretty sure I'd probably like that too if they didn't bark into the microphone.

If I could list classical as a genre it would definitely be that, though tbh I don't really feel right listing Baroque/classical/romantic era's etc all as the same genre.

That or Jazz, musically nothing can really compare.

I listen to a bit of progressive rock. Especially those 2. ^^ =)

My favorite style of music is Metal. I love the destructive vocals combined with the intensity of the instruments.

Metal is a very close second for me; I've just found electronic to have a bit more diversity... it's a genre that allows me to bypass the usual (similar)"music fatigue" I tend to experience.

Last edited: