What's for breakfast? | INFJ Forum

What's for breakfast?

barbad0s

Banned
Apr 18, 2011
MBTI
POOP
Breakfast is important.

We have a dinner thread. Why not a breakfast thread?

So, how did you end up starting your day off?

I wonder how many "nothing" responses this thread will be holding.

I just have coffee. I don't really think breakfast is important, obviously :lol:

I also only have coffee, breakfast is a nuisance, and I get up too early to ever feel like eating right away. I cannot convince myself breakfast is important despite reading about how important it is. Even when I cook breakfast for other people I don't usually eat any. Do as I say, not as I do, and don't skip breakfast. :D

I also only have coffee, breakfast is a nuisance, and I get up too early to ever feel like eating right away. I cannot convince myself breakfast is important despite reading about how important it is. Even when I cook breakfast for other people I don't usually eat any. Do as I say, not as I do, and don't skip breakfast. :D

I used to force myself to eat it, and then over time I began to wake up hungry...but it's not something that's natural if I don't keep it up. I'm naturally hungry some time around noon, then again around four PM so that's when I eat these days. If I'm wanting breakfast foods, I'll just eat them for dinner. Earlier this week I had oatmeal for dinner. :lol:

Have you ever read about intermittent fasting? That's how I eat, naturally.

^^ No, I've never heard it called by that particular name, but I definitely know the feeling of simply losing my appetite for a day or two, and not feeling like eating, and I usually go along with that to a reasonable degree. Not because I want to lose weight or anything. The "3 meals a day" seems a bit forced to me sometimes, and if I've overindulged eating very lightly or not at all actually feels healthier. Wouldn't do it for too long, though, and I almost always eat lunch and dinner!

Avocado, black beans, garbanzo beans, diced tomatoes, two eggs and hot salsa. Also I used too many onions today.

I usually never experience hunger, but I always have the munchies. I eat three meals a day regardless of appetite and I blame it on my istj tendencies.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    479.5 KB · Views: 7
quinoa, rice, peas, broccoli, lots of chilis, can't remember what else was in there.

Hit or miss for me. Most days, just coffee. Some days it's a freshly made smoothie with various water-based plant life. Other days I scrounge up dinner leftovers. On rare days, I make a "real" breakfast.

I just never understand why breakfast has to be a certain type of food like eggs, or waffles. I'm perfectly happy with a bowl of soup or spaghetti any time of day!

Years ago I started forcing myself to eat breakfast and now I can't do without. I always have coffee with cream and Splenda with some sort of breakfast sandwich. This morning I had a flatbread sandwich with a slice of ham, cheese and egg. Sometimes I will substitute the ham for sausage or just have the egg and cheese or just a slice of cheese (depending on what I ate the day before...I watch my caloric intake). Or a plain bagel with coffee. OR a light yogurt (strawberry or vanilla). I have to eat within 30 mins to an hour after I wake or I will start to feel sick to my stomach. And I will be good till around 1 or 2pm.

some failure

i could have some kix, but i haz no appetite.

Like so many others here, I rarely eat a breakfast. I'm just not hungry enough. I sometimes have a smoothie as it doesn't require an appetite and is good for you.

For breakfast I like to make eggs with salsa, bacon, and avocado. I will usually add a cup of black tea.

It can also be good on a tortilla with warm black beans instead of bacon.

Iced breakfast tea or iced coffee. No sugar and no cream.
Grapefruit or plum, preferably unripened.
Sometimes fresh juice.
Rarely a bowl of corn flakes or plain cheerios w/whole milk if someone has them available.

Edit. Today it was just tea.

Last edited:
Alright, maybe breakfast isn't all that important. It's just how the saying goes. I guess I just wanted to collect information on what everyone else does, or has for their first meal of the day.

To be honest I rarely eat immediately either. I typically have a cup of water with half a lemon freshly squeezed into it. Then I take vitamins, and usually some form of caffeine at some point.

Then I kind of just wait until I'm hungry and eat whatever I want lol. Most of the time I eat dinner foods for my first meal. Today I had boiled mustard greens and chicken for breakfast.

Now that classes have started again, I've been having to pay attention to my routine a little more. I don't want my brain to be stuck in the dumb during morning class. I've found that I do best when I have a little something to eat and do some cardio in the morning.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you define breakfast as a meal consumed in the morning, then I don't eat at anything at all. I prefer to go to the gym on an empty stomach and eat around noon.

If you define breakfast as the first meal of the day (whenever that is), then here's an example from today:

1 serving of carrots
1 serving of spinach
dextrose (only if I worked out that morning)
1 scoop of protein
1/4 pound of oatmeal
1 banana
2 bagels (plain, usually. Also only if I worked out that morning)
Lots of water

...then I move onto less carb-y things later in the day.

Today for breakfast I had:

kale
spinach
carrots
tomato
cucumber
orange
banana
protein powder
dextrose
1/2 lemon
dijon mustard

Last edited:
image.jpg

Same as before but I used curry instead of taco seasoning.

I'm not an ISTJ like UBERROGO, so there is absolutely no consistency in what I have for breakfast.

However...

On a weekday, it's generally either nothing at all, or it's something completely unhealthy, like a Snickers bar and a diet coke.

Weekends are slightly more healthy, in the sense that I generally do have breakfast. But not necessarily a healthy one.

It will usually consist of about 10 times the meat and eggs someone Andre the Giant's size should eat. And considering that ALL my meals are about 90% meat (usually red) it's a miracle my heart hasn't exploded right out of my chest already.

Oh, and this morning, I had nothing for breakfast.

Reactions: Azazel
I'm not an ISTJ like UBERROGO, so there is absolutely no consistency in what I have for breakfast.

However...

On a weekday, it's generally either nothing at all, or it's something completely unhealthy, like a Snickers bar and a diet coke.

Weekends are slightly more healthy, in the sense that I generally do have breakfast. But not necessarly a healthy one.

It will usually consist of about 10 times the meat and eggs someone Andre the Giant's size should eat. And considering that ALL my meals are about 90% meat (usually red) it's a miracle my heart hasn't exploded right out of my chest already.

Oh, and this morning, I had nothing for breakfast.

On weekends I consistenly add the variety of oat meal!