What You Fear Most of the Pandemic in Future? | INFJ Forum

What You Fear Most of the Pandemic in Future?

larcipelago

Community Member
Jan 4, 2020
MBTI
?
https://time.com/5876606/economic-depression-coronavirus/

The Next Global Depression Is Coming and Optimism Won’t Slow It Down

Since some raised the topics about media fear mongering about Corona virus impact, here is my overthinking.

Global recession equals to more job cuts, job cuts lead to angry society, the results could be: (from low to high impacts) disregarding safety protocols, protests and rallies, overthrowing the government.

Any of you may be very anxious over financial distress you could experience in the future, or because it happens to everyone I am not worried? Since my head is running all the models of deteriorating impacts to the economy and society, I cannot stop thinking for survival strategy to raise optimism amid the downturn.

I kind of wonder in what current state everyone is doing in this forum, with regards to their well-beings. A perspective of you guys are different coz this is a specific forum where the over thinkers share what s in their heads. I wont be surprised for anything, nor to see little response as this topic may be boring and repetitive for some.

But a simple paragraph or two of what Corona has brought you and what you fear most in the future will be greatly appreciated. It doesnt have to be too specific, in example

"I am worried in the next one or two months I will be unemployed."

"I am worried I may have to cancel my wedding due to corona"

I don't find these sort of thoughts productive. I count my blessings today, save for the future, and know whatever happens is whatever happens :)

Are we ready? Or it will flow naturally like the water in the river? Should we make some kind of precautions?

I was overthinking from the start. Now they are saying we are possibly heading towards a depression. The problem to me has always been that we are looking too short term at this virus, and need to review the ongoing effects. Not saying we shouldn't be going into a depression at some stage anyway (growth cannot happen forever), but I think the coronavirus has brought it even closer.

My precautions are about staying as adaptable as possible. Try and stay one step ahead of everyone else out there doing things. When I say that, I mean in all things. I try and trust my intuition and if it fails me, well ... :) my intuition right now tells me to be ready to move on short notice, either for my health or my safety.

I am divesting myself of all the trappings of what we all think we need to "survive". Books, TV, useless crap I have accumulated for years. Again one step (hopefully) in front of others. After all in a depression environment who will want to buy an old computer I have lying around? Right now there is a market for it and I can convert that to cash. So I am converting a lot of inconsequential assets to cash.

I am keeping true cash (even though I have been paying for everything by card recently) as a precaution and am looking at converting assets that are perhaps "leisure" assets into potentially "required" assets.

I'm just thinking of all the consequences and taking some intermediate steps to ensure that I am not adversely affected.

It's tough .. who would have thought toilet paper would have been such a run out item! Certainly not me, but then I always buy enough for four months anyway so was not affected at all. Hand sanitiser? I was broadsided by the pandemic when it arrived. I am more of thinking about depression or war. Pandemic wasn't even on my radar.

The problem always is, when will it happen. I thought in 2008 we were heading for depression, but lo and behold, everything rights itself. Talk about egg on my face. :) I suppose that's why I keep everything I do to myself.

Reactions: larcipelago
Have to say that there have been warnings for decades of what could be coming down the pipeline so to speak but as always few listen and most just write off such as conspiracy theory ect especially when there is normalcy bias involved. As for the next couple of years are going to be defined by social hell and economic issues coupled with quality of life on the decline. 20 to 30% unemployment isn't unrealistic and once social spending gets cuts regardless of the reasons better not be in the big cities.

Reactions: larcipelago