What type of intellectual are you? | INFJ Forum

What type of intellectual are you?

The Collaborator

You scored 46% empirical, 66% public, and 19% teaching-oriented

You are The Collaborator!

The Collaborator is one of the most beloved types of intellectuals. With an unquenchable thirst for knowledge, you spread your sights over a broad range of disciplines, eager to tap the knowledge of the brightest in their fields.

Acting as a sort of honey bee to these great minds, you synthesize an eclectic array of abilities. Your name may be second on a lot of books and papers, but you'll always be first in the hearts of your peers!

Your Analysis (Vertical line = Average)

Reactions: enfp can be shy
The Bibliophile

You scored 33% empirical, 24% public, and 32% teaching-oriented

You are The Bibliophile!

There's nothing you love more than the raw digestion of ideas. You spend your time collating the many works you've encountered into a grand enlightened whole.

Most of the things you observe in the real world become consistent and easy to explain--a hundred different factors all add up. But because you know so many facets of the issues, you can have a hard time explaining them to other people. You may find success in a practical discipline like politics or business, where the results speak for themselves!

The Scientist

You scored 51% empirical, 7% public, and 35% teaching-oriented

You are The Scientist!

Slavishly devoted to the principle of cause and effect, you never leave an assumption untested.

With the right resources, you can live in a paradise of experiments, happily isolated from the rest of the world.

Some "Scientist" types love the process, while others are driven by the results. The common feature is their vigorous independence. Your fellow scientists will be your only audience, and your harshest critics. But you'll get your accolades spiritually, every time someone says "I wonder how this works?"

The Bibliophile

You scored 29% empirical, 17% public, and 26% teaching-oriented

There's nothing you love more than the raw digestion of ideas. You spend your time collating the many works you've encountered into a grand enlightened whole.

Most of the things you observe in the real world become consistent and easy to explain--a hundred different factors all add up. But because you know so many facets of the issues, you can have a hard time explaining them to other people. You may find success in a practical discipline like politics or business, where the results speak for themselves!

The Bibliophile

You scored 34% empirical, 23% public, and 39% teaching-oriented

You are The Bibliophile!

What kitype of intellectual are you?

You scored 29% empirical, 35% public, and 19% teaching-oriented
You are The Bibliophile!

The Scientist

You scored 51% empirical, 23% public, and 32% teaching-oriented

You are The Scientist!

Slavishly devoted to the principle of cause and effect, you never leave an assumption untested.

With the right resources, you can live in a paradise of experiments, happily isolated from the rest of the world.

Some "Scientist" types love the process, while others are driven by the results. The common feature is their vigorous independence. Your fellow scientists will be your only audience, and your harshest critics. But you'll get your accolades spiritually, every time someone says "I wonder how this works?"

I'd say I have elements of the Dialectician as well: devoted to the scientific method, but usually too lazy or distracted to properly utilize it.

The Scientist

You scored 66% empirical, 23% public, and 26% teaching-oriented

You are The Scientist!

The Bibliophile
You scored 22% empirical, 30% public, and 13% teaching-oriented

You are The Bibliophile!

Though reading was at once my favourite pass-time, I actually kind of hate books since an unfortunate incident in school a few years back, books are not distracting enough, in fact the likes of that dreadful incident are what come to mind as I try to concentrate on reading them, so the label of bibliophile has become a bit of an ironic description of me that is really only applicable past tense.

As for the description itself, I utterly despise thinking about anything, I want to drown out my very capacity for thought so as to at least be as blissful as the general populace. I do not love it, the proclivity is a curse. When it comes to disseminating the knowledge I have obtained, it isn't so much that I find it difficult to explain to simpletons (though it can most certainly be difficult) but that I am shy, reticent, pragmatic and a consequentialist.

Last edited:
The Collaborator

You scored 46% empirical, 61% public, and 45% teaching-oriented

You are The Collaborator!

The Collaborator is one of the most beloved types of intellectuals. With an unquenchable thirst for knowledge, you spread your sights over a broad range of disciplines, eager to tap the knowledge of the brightest in their fields.

Acting as a sort of honey bee to these great minds, you synthesize an eclectic array of abilities. Your name may be second on a lot of books and papers, but you'll always be first in the hearts of your peers!

:m045:

The Bibliophile!

The Philosopher

You scored 22% empirical, 2% public, and 55% teaching-oriented

You are The Philosopher!

The realm of ideas is your domain, and you relish any chance to act as guide for others. You strive for order in your mental and physical life, and you get it.

You probably write a lot and can master topics by teaching them to other people. Even if you aren't recognized in this lifetime, your writings will someday be accepted as essential.

The Bibliophile

You scored 24% empirical, 18% public, and 26% teaching-oriented

You are The Bibliophile!

The Professor

You scored 49% empirical, 41% public, and 65% teaching-oriented

The quintessential genius of the public imagination, you are The Professor!

Dealing with the rigors of science in an accessible, exciting way, you stimulate the imagination of the world.

You are one of the busiest types of intellectuals. Never settled down, you stay up late reading, because you spend all day teaching! As you get older, people may say that your glory days are past, or that your output no longer shifts the tide. But your many students will always refer to you as an extraordinary (wo)man!

Now if that doesn't inflate my ego, nothing will.

Last edited:
Public Intellectual

You scored 24% empirical, 49% public, and 69% teaching-oriented

Noble, confident, successful! You are The Public Intellectual!

You have the enviable traits of the public intellectual. Unlike many great men and women, you are likely to be widely recognized for your contributions to popular discourse. People might admiringly drop your name in blogs on the internet or invite you to fancy cocktail parties.

However, you may find yourself fighting to maintain the integrity of your ideas. You're very likely to be mischaracterized, politicized, or satirized by scholars and laymen alike. And you may be tempted to stick to your guns, merely out of stubbornness. But when push comes to shove, you're exactly whom thousands of liberal arts major will strive to be some day.

Ok, kinda weird. I guess the teacher part of this is very true! No beard though!!

The Bibliophile

You scored 20% empirical, 23% public, and 32% teaching-oriented

The Professor

You scored 49% empirical, 41% public, and 62% teaching-oriented

The quintessential genius of the public imagination, you are The Professor!

Dealing with the rigors of science in an accessible, exciting way, you stimulate the imagination of the world.

You are one of the busiest types of intellectuals. Never settled down, you stay up late reading, because you spend all day teaching! As you get older, people may say that your glory days are past, or that your output no longer shifts the tide. But your many students will always refer to you as an extraordinary (wo)man!

Last edited:
The Scientist

You scored 57% empirical, 17% public, and 32% teaching-oriented

You are The Scientist!

Probably, I don't require much validation from people if that's what they are trying to say. Or care very much what they think of my ideas. At least i don't care for very long at any rate. I'm pretty intellectually spoiled that way. I think too many people told me that I was smart growing up and it made me smug and lazy.

The Dialectician

You scored 34% empirical, 43% public, and 39% teaching-oriented

You are The Dialectician!

You've accepted long ago that gaining knowledge is a lifetime project. In fact, in your mind, you've just barely scratched the surface. But you feel an urge to learn everything you can from whomever you meet, and to encourage others on their own pursuits.

People may find you unconvincing, or are so confident in their knowledge they don't recognize the challenges you can produce. But the dialectician has usually been recognized as ahead of her time, eventually.