What sections do you go to in a bookstore? | INFJ Forum

What sections do you go to in a bookstore?

knight in battle

Feb 28, 2011
MBTI
INFJ
If you wandered into a bookstore and didn't have anything specific in mind to look for, what subjects or kinds of books do you gravitate towards?

Psychology, religion, and poetry.

Edit: And philosophy, at times.

Biography, Business, Psychology & Sociology.

I also used to live in the Reference section once upon a time. *shifty eyes*

New Age, Spirituality, Fiction, Chemistry, Fashion, Psychology, Relationships, Alternative Medicine

#TheDaringHatTrick :spy:

:lol:

Fantasy/Science Fiction/Psychology/Self Help/New Age/World Social Issues/Science

This thread reminds that it's been too long since I went book shopping...thank you, forum!

I gravitate to psychology, literature, fantasy, philosophy, poetry, world history, astronomy, and biology areas. I've been paying more attention to history recently; it continually alternates between sorrow and pride. Amid this cycle, some break out and accomplish something amazing. The Greats, the geniuses that rewove some of mankind's patterned existence. I have much more respect for those that truly live their own lives and even more for the ones who manage to reshape and expand things.

Last edited:
Fiction, literature, psychology, health and wellness, cooking, travel, biography

history, politics, fantasy, psychology, occultism

I go in with a book in mind & head straight there. Last several i went in for: Tao te ching, Ayn Rand, C.S. Lewis.

In order of section first to last usually travelled... Sci-fi/Fantasy, Fiction, Science, Psychology.

i don't buy books new anymore, but if i was wandering around in a bookstore i'd probably go for the sci fi/fantasy fiction section. i love ghost stories but no one writes them anymore. it's all gore and monsters now. or vampires. yawn.

fiction-fantasy/sci-fi & classic lit

Sci fi, fantasy, science, philosophy, politics, history, miltary and war, occultism, and just lately- plants, gardening, herbs etc

Pop psychology, nature, DIY stuff, digital art and photography magazines, fiction, comics. Anything, really. I usually just make a full path through the store. I always have to look at the candles and little candies or trinkets like that and fiddle with them and sniff them before I leave, too.

Reactions: jyrffw54
Most of the time I start at one of these areas; travel/culture, gardening/landscaping, cooking, psychology, supernatural, how to/do it yourself, poetry, art. Then I like to just wander around and see what catches my eye and where I end up. I can spend an entire day in a book store or library.

Last edited:
I usually go to amazon, knowing what I want

In the rare occasion that i do set my foot in a bookstore, I would probably walk around most areas and see if I find something interesting Except i would skip the pop and bestseller areas. Sometimes you just happen to find something really interesting where you had not expected so

Awwww I've not been in a bookstore in forever! Now that I can download books from Amazon and with an Amazon Prime membership, I can have a book at my door the next day...but if I did, I would be in the religious section, then psychology, then occasionally politics, then IT. Getting bored w/ politics.

I like reading about self help although I rarely need to apply it.

What is this "bookstore" of which you speak? =P

Kidding, but I have been doing a lot less poking around real physical books since I got a Kindle last summer. Either way, my usual genre targets are: Fantasy, New Age/Spirituality, Art, and Children's Books (or other beautifully illustrated books).