[INFJ] - What personality types would you rather be in a relationship with? | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] What personality types would you rather be in a relationship with?

What personality types would you rather be in a relationship with?

• Total voters
I have no idea! All I know is that I've tried a few ENFJ and INFP and they're not for me, it seems.

70w9en.gif

NFs, please.

Is this romantically speaking or just general relationship?

My bestfriends are entp and estp
My closest sister is esfj

If it's romantic, i only had 2. The other one, i don't know his mbti (probably an esfj too)
My current SO is an intj which i think balances me well.

Reactions: Gaze
ESFPs are great and passionate about everything. They're smart and funny and sometimes annoying but that's alright.

We're... I mean they're also incredibly good lovers.

Vote ESFP.

I have no idea! All I know is that I've tried a few ENFJ and INFP and they're not for me, it seems.

Why do you think the INFP relationship didn't work out as hoped? What aspects of the dynamic affected the relationship the most?

I think it's tough to say what type would be a good fit, just because if you've only had experience with specific types, you're not going to really know whether other types would be better until you date them. I'm very attracted to INTX types, but there are issues that often seem to make it a tough dynamic (since I'm INFP). Compatibility and understanding are the most difficult to overcome.

Last edited:
I had a 1-year-relationship with an ESFP recently end. She is intelligent, fun, athletic, gorgeous, amazing at being in the moment with you, attentive, nurturing, open-communicator, adventurous. We click in SO MANY WAYS. But I live in Ni-world and I kept needing her to spend more time in that world than I think she is able to/desires to. But she is so flippin' fantastic. If I didn't need someone to share my Ni-head-space the way I do, I think I would have married her.</3

One of my other favorite people (neutral friendship) is also an ESFP. We adventure together.
One of my favorite co-workers is an ENFJ.
My favorite person alive is my INFJ brother.
And if I end up truly needing an Ni-dom, that leaves me with INTJs and INFJs. Preferably on the nurturing and attentive side (they don't need to GUSH nurturing towards all people, just be particularly nurturing and attentive towards myself and any babies we have--as I will be towards them and our future babies)... So probably INFJ. Idk. \o/

Intj for the challenge and intellectual stimulation and enfp for their idealism, sense of adventure, humor and nurturing.

Reactions: aeon
Why do you think the INFP relationship didn't work out as hoped? What aspects of the dynamic affected the relationship the most?

There were two (I'm female btw, and they were male). One of them was my biggest relationship yet. I think I still love him, unconditionally.

What went wrong? My problems were different with each. One of them never backed my corner (always defended others) and really struggled with giving affection and compliments. The other was quite dull with very few, and boring hobbies. I found them both to be quiet and lacking.... energy(?) or motivation.

I know quite a few other INFPs (quite numerous!) and have struggled to have platonic relationships with them. One of them is my mother, who I love dearly. However, when I was younger I thought that she didn't like me.

Reactions: aeon and Gaze
I can't say that which type I would rather be in a relationship with, because I'm not going to date the personality type but the person for who he is. Introverted if possible yes, but I don't exclude extroverts either. It doesn't really matter to me much, if everything else works out well.

I voted INTJ. Most of my romantic relationships have been with INTJs, and most of my close friends are INs.
I do need more nurturing, affection and support than INTJs give, but I recognize it as a personal weakness.

I love that when I win an INTJ's affection it is hard-earned and genuine. Men who seem cold-hearted on the exterior, but are deep and sensitive if you know them very well, make me swoon. Smart and talented men make me swoon, especially if they are quiet, and not egomaniacs about it. :)
A person of any type can be a good lover.

I do need more nurturing, affection and support than INTJs give, but I recognize it as a personal weakness.

You need what you need, and that is beyond judgment, including your own. That which makes you uniquely you is never a weakness, shortcoming, or flaw.

It is a gift, and a precious one at that. And so it is with you. Believe that.

Namaste,
Ian

Reactions: Asa
You need what you need, and that is beyond judgment, including your own. That which makes you uniquely you is never a weakness, shortcoming, or flaw.

It is a gift, and a precious one at that. And so it is with you. Believe that.

Namaste,
Ian
Thank you. :) I meant that things that come as a challenge help one grow.

Reactions: aeon