What makes someone "entertaining" in your book? | INFJ Forum

What makes someone "entertaining" in your book?

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
What makes someone "entertaining" in your book?

Someone who can laugh at themselves. Someone with a quirky sense of humour but also able to engage in deep discussions.

My favourite people are the ones who i never know if they're going to say something deep or something ridiculous.

If they can elicit emotions in me and do it in a way that is favorable to me and expected.

If they can elicit emotions in me and do it in a way that is favorable to me and expected.

Yep, well said. But i like the unexpected. I like humor but not just any type of humor - depending on the person, but someone with a personality who just makes me want to crack up and not feel weird about it.

Entertaining:

• A curious person who needs/wants to know something about nearly everything
  • A thinking person who can't go very long between 'what if' moments
  • Naturally, someone who's blob on the ven diagram overlaps might in important areas like gaming, art, movies, scifi and fantasy, outdoorsy stuff like camping and hiking, the future fate of humanity (speaking environmentally, sociologically, etc)), space, what have you.
  • Someone who is closer to the middle between E and I, since I typically can't take a whole lot of E, but I need someone who won't magnify my hermiting tendancies either.

Someone who can laugh at themselves. Someone with a quirky sense of humour but also able to engage in deep discussions.

My favourite people are the ones who i never know if they're going to say something deep or something ridiculous.
This pretty much summed up my thoughts :)

Yep, well said. But i like the unexpected. I like humor but not just any type of humor - depending on the person, but someone with a personality who just makes me want to crack up and not feel weird about it.

So you expect to not feel weird about it?

So you expect to not feel weird about it?

Nooooooooooooooo. I'm just saying that i want to be able to laugh and not feel self conscious about it. That's all . . .

Reactions: the and ~jet
i think there is an art to entertaining, and this goes for professionals and people just hangin around being social. i think people with an ability like this are always aware of how they present and come off too others.

music and conversation run parallel and key points of influence run on both sides. unpredictability crescendo's, dynamics, grand finale, these tools can be used in both equations (and many more, just think of movies, novels, even sitcoms), and are the base of operations for true entertainers.