What makes each type so attractive? | INFJ Forum

What makes each type so attractive?

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
Many members mention what they find attractive about the different types. But what makes each type (any or all of the 16 types) so interesting or attractive in your opinion? Or what attracts you to a particular type?

Now, don't compare types :m145:by arguing one type is better or more attracative than the other . . .

There are a few types I really like to spend time with- but like you said, I'm not comparing types. These are from examples in my own life, and might not describe all people of each specific type.

Mature ENFP's are really inspirational to me. Though they sometimes drain my energy over time, I like how versatile and intense they are. They really bring out my sense of adventure and get me talking about almost any topic. I'd love to travel with an ENFP.

INFP's tend to be really easy to talk to and relate to. I usually have many long, meaningful talks with my INFP friends and family members, and even ones I don't know. Their imaginative nature sometimes even takes me out of reality.

INTP's are great for creative blocks. I wish I had an INTP in my family, since it would be great to have someone share their ideas and innovations if I ever got stuck on an idea. What's great is that their logic makes everything realistic and doable for me, and they help me see how I could go further or do more than I ever considered.

I guess I'm mostly attracted to -N-P's, since they give me new ideas that I might not have come up with myself. They fuel my creativity and make me want to put my ideas into action. I am very much attracted to people with wild imaginations.

ISTJs - I like quiet and peaceful people. They want things to work out in a harmonious fashion and I love that because my insides always seem to be in an uproar. Also, love of facts is something I hold in high regard.
ESTJs- Having a set standard of beliefs which you adhere to and getting things done are an important part of life. People who are good at being leaders always interest me. I feel like I'd be too busy thinking about the possibilities to lay down the law.
ISFJ- I don't think I could ever be as kind as these people are. Where I tend to bring out the worst in others, they bring out the best. That astounds me.

INFJ- I love the way INFJs can "feel" out situations. It blows my mind how my boyfriend and I will come to the same conclusion through varying routes. They stubborn INFJ amuses me and I like to argue with them. I also appreciate a good intuition.

ENTJ's are my kryptonite. I have this strange fascination with them. In essence, they are so close to what I want in a person, but they lack the compassion that I want in someone most of the time, and it is unfortonate that its so rare that they have it.

In essence, I am frusterated because I can not figure out their Ni. It works, but it's secondary so I can't "see" how it works as it is run by their Te which is largely strange to me. Also it can lack compassion all together and when I try to tell them that it does the fight me.

There is just something so attractive about them, but it is toxic, becsause it is purely infatuation.

Reactions: acd
I admire how driven and self disciplined ENTJs are, they get a lot done in a very short amount of time.

ENTJ's are my kryptonite. I have this strange fascination with them. In essence, they are so close to what I want in a person, but they lack the compassion that I want in someone most of the time, and it is unfortonate that its so rare that they have it.

In essence, I am frusterated because I can not figure out their Ni. It works, but it's secondary so I can't "see" how it works as it is run by their Te which is largely strange to me. Also it can lack compassion all together and when I try to tell them that it does the fight me.

There is just something so attractive about them, but it is toxic, becsause it is purely infatuation.

I admire how driven and self disciplined ENTJs are, they get a lot done in a very short amount of time.

Agree, there's something about ENTJs. There seems to be a mutual fascination with types who appear to be emotionally distant or unavailable. Why is that? :m083:

Last edited:
^ i think it's the mystery of them.. you want to figure them out :p

isfps, so much love for their ability to just enjoy the moment.

istjs - strongly admire their willingness to put work before pleasure and do the right thing.

intjs- love how ethical they are, and how resourceful they can be when solving a problem. also i've found intjs underestimate the value of their altruistic deeds; the few i know are quite good people but don't see themselves that way.

infjs- WONDERFUL PEOPLE. yep just being on this forum is a blessing, because infjs are rare and beautiful people, imaginative, creative, compassionate and emotionally honest. i wish this type wasn't so rare, because the world would be a much better place imo if there were more infjs out there.

Last edited:
INFJs hands down. I love the abstract communication, and the complementary T-F and J-P juxtapositions. The ones I have known have a delicious complexity and a nice warmth to them. I also like other introverts because I enjoy mutual one-on-one conversation better than one person dominating it ... without having to worry about some silence punctuating the talk.

I came here for INTJ flattery so please, don't be shy with it. May is just a wonderful muffintop as you can see!

intjs- love how ethical they are, and how resourceful they can be when solving a problem. also i've found intjs underestimate the value of their altruistic deeds; the few i know are quite good people but don't see themselves that way.

I figured out dying is easy. To say that you're willing to die for something isn't that big a deal really. It's living through a grind that's hard!

Reactions: VH
Each type so attractive? Sorry, but some types just suck. I wont go into details though.

Each type so attractive? Sorry, but some types just suck. I wont go into details though.

Then just talk about the ones which don't.

dont be such a negative nancy. we are talking about why types are good.

Reactions: 88chaz88
hmmm....I love a complex mind...and someone who enjoys talking about deep things.
The types I can go deep with are the ISFJ....great friends...and thats all.
INFJ-Deep, deep...exhilerating...can smother me.
INFP...the P is fun, but at times there is not enough structure....and I usually have to lead...not my favorite thing, but I can do it.
INTP....real mind candy ;) Very relaxing for me...and I love their conversations.....when I can get them to talk... O yes, I have to pick a non romantic topic ;) and then there is lots of conversation lol. Love the closet romantic thing...that makes it not so smothering. They are also great with helping me with personal growth....If I ask a question...they have an answer ;) and then I get the whole "unblinking honesty look"... Very cute :D Will you marry me??:mlove2:
ISTJ-are good people....can be very hurtful.
ESTJ- I have a family full of them. Good people, honorable...would give you the shirt off their back if you deserved it or really needed it, hard workers, very active/fun, protective, good parents (if they aren't too overbearing). I do need a break, because they can be ....too much at times.
INTJ-Great for debating :)
ENTJ--make me run...too much debating. Always right....even when they aren't ;)