What job would be good for this INFJ based on these characteristics? | INFJ Forum

What job would be good for this INFJ based on these characteristics?

cityofman

Three
Jul 21, 2014
MBTI
INFJ
- Artistic
o Painting/ drawing, photography, sculpy
o Have artistic taste for arrangements/ what looks good
o Likes music

- Articulate
o Good at public speaking

- reading/ writing
o likes creative writing, non-fiction writing, and poetry
o strong "professional" writing skills

- Intelligent
o Always gathering information (sometimes need to encourage myself to verbalize it/ share it)
o Fast learner, likes to absorb information
o Very impressionable to environment
o likes a challenge, variety in work

- Playful
o Creative
o Likes to flit, tease people
o Big imagination

- Social introvert
o Can be overwhelmed by large groups/ meeting a lot of people
o Need some “alone” time to re-charge my energy and re-orientate where I’m going/ what I want

- Judgmental
o Like things to be completed quickly
o Don’t like wasting time at work
o Enjoy working on projects that are influential/ helpful/ make a difference
o Likes to have some control over things

Thanks for reading!

It is probably better to just do "something" instead of trying to find the "perfect career" (which doesn't really exist.")

But despite that, any job/ career ideas? :)

Graphic designer
Interior designer/decorator
Computer/communications designer
Entrepreneur
Freelancer
Teacher/trainer - related to the arts
On set designers
production designers
Photographer
Videographer
Costume designer/fashion designer
Advertising (if you enjoy stress)
Art director
Multimedia expert/teacher

But despite that, any job/ career ideas? :)

• Graphic Designer
  • Multimedia Designer
  • Visual Artist (Thats everything 2D & 3D)
  • 3D Artist

As a 3d/visual Artist though, you're a badass, you need to be able to do everything. Pre-Production, Production, Post-Production. That includes Multimedia and Graphic design ;)

1. Lots of job openings (not just at companies but also as a teacher)
  2. You can entrepreneur it.
  3. You can make these things digitally = Unlimited sales of the same object
  4. Plenty of freelance opportunities (if you ever get kids, you can be a work at home type and actually see your kids grow up without suffering a huge loss of income)
  5. You can make T-shirts on things like SpreadShirt, Sell your artwork on things like DeviantArt, Have your own 3D Print store on Shapeways, and sell your 3D models on sites like turbosquid.

If you make something good, people will always buy it. A friend of mine made a really high quality 3D helicopter, he sells it once every 2 months and gets like 150 bucks for something he made five years ago. ;P
You can even sculpt your own jewelry, statues, anything in 3D programs and have it 3d printed. That's the power of digital art ;)

You like drawing, you could just buy a wacom tablet or screen to draw on. You like writing and poetry, you could put it on t-shirts AND you can submit them to publishers.
The power in this all is, you can work all your talents, and do it from home when doing it at work is not an option anymore.

You could make a months salary with just the same stuff selling over and over. the trick is having enough stuff out there that people want. And you can do this in addition to freelancing or working at a company.

Imagine when you're retired, you get some money but it ain't always enough. You still got a skill that is not very taxing on your body that you can use to make extra income. Art can also influence the world. It was art that brought about revolutions in the way people thought.

Here is a short list of things a Visual Artist should be capable of after their bachelor:
Pre-Production:
  • Concept Art
  • Design
  • Product Design
  • Painting
  • Digital Art
  • Storyboarding

Production:
  • 3D Models/Sculpts (everything from Characters, Animals, Transportation, Environments & Props)
  • 3D Print Models
  • Rigging
  • Animation
  • Texturing
  • Sculpting
  • Photography

Post-Production:
  • Color grading
  • Visual Effects
  • Rotoscoping
  • Editing
  • Photoshop

(the reason is rather simple, can't make a good portfolio video if you can't do majority of these things) If you're interested, I can list you programs to use for whatever you decide to do digitally ;)
Also, some VA's here http://www.artstation.com/

Last edited:
Anything creative, I think. :)

All the above are great ideas that would seem to work for you. Here's one more very specific suggestion:

Make YouTube how-to/demo videos for small businesses, researchers, and service people. A great many people are interested in learning how to do things and they turn to YouTube for advice. You have the artistic skills, the interest in music, people skills (understanding that you need down time to get your energy back), and the drive to complete stuff on time.

The pluses are you'll get to be creative, time with people and time on your own, and you'll be making a difference - one video at a time. If you decide to go on to a more structured environment (ie work for someone else), you'll already have a portfolio of work to show them.

I don't know what to say in terms of career (If you'd said anything that suggested healthcare, I'd suggest doing what I do!), but I did want to say: perfect careers can exist. I have the perfect career for me. I make prosthetics: arms, legs etc and I specialize in upper limb prosthetics, robotic arms and such. I feel like I found the thing I was born to do. It doesn't mean I've liked ever JOB I've had (some have been bad fits for me and my INFJ-y-ness) but I have never doubted my career path.
I know it's rare and I'm very very lucky, but it is possible.