What is your Occupation?

WadeINFJ

May 10, 2017
Brisbane
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
Type 6 3WD
Im very interested in hearing about all the different occupations the INFJs on this fourm work as. I myself have been a Painter and Decorator for 10 years (28 now). Currently the Safety Advisor for my company and have studied multiple other Certificates and Courses in my time; i feel im still in the same field of work as Its not very strenuous, a lot of the time it allows me to work by myself and most likely because im comfortable and have job security. I am hoping one day very soon to move on to something that more aligns with my interests and I enjoy doing each day.

What career do you have?

Im very interested in hearing about all the different occupations the INFJs on this fourm work as. I myself have been a Painter and Decorator for 10 years (28 now). Currently the Safety Advisor for my company and have studied multiple other Certificates and Courses in my time; i feel im still in the same field of work as Its not very strenuous, a lot of the time it allows me to work by myself and most likely because im comfortable and have job security. I am hoping one day very soon to move on to something that more aligns with my interests and I enjoy doing each day.

What career do you have?
These days I am a housewife, so I guess you could call me a drill Sargeant, a motivational speaker, a teacher, a principal, cook, housekeeper and a lush at the end of the day. I never thought this profession suited me until one day I woke up and realized that I was meant for it. I myself have an extensive background in occupational past times. I started with cheerleading in high school, writing for the newspaper, dental hygiene, certified nurses assistant, medical assisting, medical billing and coding, and for kicks cosmetology. Spare time i coached my daughters cheer squad. I must say all occupations are way too outgoing for me now, but at the time I was able to be the extroverted introvert and play along as necessary. I am far more comfortable watching my children from the sidelines while they make Thier marks.

I'm currently a student (business administration/management) but video game industry is what I wanted to work in all my life.

I'm not saying I'm good but I do play piano, guitar, taking pictures, programming, recently I started to train myself to be digital illustrator... I have interest in nearly everything, I have so much hobbies I enjoy.

Sometimes I enjoy to think how universe work (I love finding new idea about everything) and sometimes I enjoy to draw/paint some simple stuff. That's why sometimes I feel like I'm kinda similar to leonardo da vinci expect I'm not talented as him.

It so sad to have short lifespan. I want to do so many things but I won't have time for all of them. That's why it's better to master in one field you enjoy and spend all your life with that field. The hard thing is finding the perfect job. Best way to find it is trying it. So... good luck with that.

I work in a bookstore, I've worked there for 6.5yrs and I work with the academic nonfiction titles. I have a BA in lit and just finished an MA in information management. I'm looking for a new job now that is related to the new degree, hopefully in a large museum or library.

I did the second degree because I used to love to write and I wanted a better job than retail that would support me to write on my time off. But since finishing my degree I just don't really feel like writing anymore. Maybe sometime in future I'll feel like it again.

I occupy people's minds much like getting smoke in their eyes.

I am the smoke in your eyes you never wanted.

Registered Nurse, and just accepted a position as RN MDS Coordinator where I'm employed. I specialize in long-term dementia care.

Business owner. After far too long in the corporate world I started my own Creative business. I still do freelance office work to pay the cost of living, however the real joy comes when I sell an art piece.

Just spending my whole life trying to get this bar code off.

giphy.gif

Musician, starving artist, owner of my own label, which all projects / music I create is released upon - unless I can't afford to press a release, then it is released by a much more established / for profit label. I have done so until I just couldn't afford to... so it is on hold / active, but moving at a snail's pace.

I receive truck, rotate and stock shelves on the graveyard shift to make a living wage.

Release manager. I make sure we hit our deadlines.

Reactions: flower
Not INFJ, but not sure how to translate my job title to English. I work with the social benefits in my country, kind of working for the government in a way.

Healthcare reform. There literally isn't a better job for INFJs - mission wise. But the day to day can get be a tedium.

I work with city/county governments but in the private sector. I don't work in government. Im a mentor to them I know how to do all their jobs and a lot of the times these elected officials don't know how to do anything or they'll think someone is betraying them and fire all their staff. It's nuts what I've seen. Anyway, I write software enhancements for them too. My niche is on the tax assessment side with the assessors; their tax base, helping them do their budgets, special assessments, zoning, their tax bills and payments etc. But I work with the treasurers too, the clerks, all of them. Personal property and real estate taxes, payroll, voter registration, etc.

I'm also a real estate agent lol

I work with city/county governments but in the private sector. I don't work in government. Im a mentor to them I know how to do all their jobs and a lot of the times these elected officials don't know how to do anything or they'll think someone is betraying them and fire all their staff. It's nuts what I've seen. Anyway, I write software enhancements for them too. My niche is on the tax assessment side with the assessors; their tax base, helping them do their budgets, special assessments, zoning, their tax bills and payments etc. But I work with the treasurers too, the clerks, all of them. Personal property and real estate taxes, payroll, voter registration, etc.

I'm also a real estate agent lol

Why you are not an elected official or an attorney beats me :tonguewink:

Reactions: CindyLou