[INFJ] - What is your job? | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] What is your job?

Sunnyshine

Dec 22, 2018
Norway
MBTI
INFJ
Hello :grinning:

I haven’t been on the forum for almoste two years (feb/march 2019). I’ve been depressed and had (social) anxiety due to a really though burn out. I started on medication for depression/anxiety in March 2019 (my own wish). I got my life back, I’ve had a great life since. I got pregnant a year ago and I had to stop use the medication, and had some problems with anxiety earlier this year, but I think corona situation had something to do with that and being sick and on sick leave all of the pregnancy. Now I’m on parental leave until the spring and enjoying life. But I have a big big struggle about what to do after the parental leave, I’m still employeed to the same shitty company. I can’t go back. I really struggle to find out what to do, and I need to have a plan when leaving my job. I think about that all the time and I need to make a decision and have something new to look forward to!

There has of course been a lot of these threads but I really needed to create a new one. What is your job? Do you like your job? If not, what type of job do you prefer?

Retired registered nurse. Healthcare is a growing field. Nursing is a great career in terms of training cost for salary..and there is always a demand for nurses.

I'm a care support worker in a psychiatric hospital. I did half the training to become a nurse but had to drop out.

It's a weird one. Sometimes I love my job but other times I get fed up with the menial side of it.

Funding issues aside, I've no idea how to progress in my career when I've got no experience or real interest in anything else but I don't feel capable of taking on any more responsibility for the wellbeing of others. Ethically, because I'm conflicted about the treatment itself, and in terms of maintaining my own health which can be pretty touch and go.

I sell propane and propane accessories

Do I believe you?

thumb_sell-cocaine-and-cocaine-accessories-mamecentern-memecenter-com-hank-hill-by-50862838.png

I work for a private company with a government contract. We do some light physical labor and some cleaning/sterilizing along with driving large vehicles and fueling them. Easiest job I've ever had lol. Would work here for 30 years if it stays this easy.

I'm an engineering project manager for a chip design company.
Before this I was a DBA & analyst for an insurance company.

What I should have become was a pediatrician but I hated my chemistry teacher back in HS (pedophile) and he burned me on wanting to learn chemistry, a required component.

If I were 30-35 again I think I'd go back to school for medicine.

Last edited:
I am a legal advisor of some sort. My job is ok, it can get tough as it requires a lot of people-ing with the general public and we get a variety of people contacting us. I've been at this job for around 10 years.

However, my department will be made redundant soon so I looked at whether I want to stick to this industry or have a complete career change. I've decided to go for a complete career change and have been looking at other areas to see what'll interest me the most or if I should move abroad and go back to university as UK uni fees are extortionate.

Maybe look for a careers advisor and talk to them about your interest and see what suggestions they come up with? I spoke to someone about what interests me and they came up with a couple of suggestions.

Wow ...
This had me wondering though: are DBA's still around anymore?

Cool
A DBA is essentially the mechanic for your database engine(s) running your multitude of databases. They migrate, upgrade and help mitigate issues through the core and code. Backup/restore processes are also under their control although these days we tend to offshore that work.

Just like we'll always need mechanics for our cars we will always need the DBA.

Also, not very many people out there know how to design a decent DB. They get lost at the concept of unid and speed issues with design. Most DBAs will guide teams and develop the platforms for them instead of allowing chaos to occur later.

Last edited:
I work in IT as a systems engineer... for the time being while i pursue my studies

Already have a masters, but pursuing a masters in counselling soon with the aim of curing mental illness one person at a time.
Couselling is kinda the cheat sheet express way instead of a masters in psychology.
I can't save everyone, but i becha i can still save a few.