What is "valuable" time spent with someone? | INFJ Forum

What is "valuable" time spent with someone?

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
What is "valuable" time spent with someone? What are you usually doing or feeling which makes it "valuable"?

Time that involves education, increasing my understanding of myself, the people I'm with, or the world around me. Hopefully that education will be mutual for better or worse. It's not always pleasant.

I guess one example would be bonding that takes place while doing something you hate.

On a happier note, maybe being around to celebrate someone's success and acknowledge the work they put in.

Reactions: Gaze
I'm not sure I could determine the Whats or Whens or Whys. "Valuable" time has always been kind of organic, in my experience. Times I've spent with others which I recognize as having been valuable were not planned or anticipated.

What is "valuable" time spent with someone? What are you usually doing or feeling which makes it "valuable"?

• time spent mutually helping one another to get needs met
  • time spent in expression, witness, and acceptance of one another that leads to greater intimacy and trust
  • time spent sharing the pleasures each finds in life
  • time spent as both teacher to another and student of another
  • time spent in service to another where one may give with no expectation of return
  • time spent together in the sharing of a meal
  • time spent together in a shared experience of the creative arts

stuff like that. :noidea:

cheers,
Ian