Saru Inc

Schrödinger's Pussy
Donor
Sep 13, 2010
MBTI
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
So, I have been thinking of a career seriously lately. I've always known it either involved being a rock star ( half kidding), a politician (nah, I can't stand all the backstabbing; but besides that... who knows), and a psychologist of some type.

However, I've always had a huge problem with actually narrowing it down to a feasible, and tangible option. I now have, it's either a criminal profiler, or a behavior analyst. On the other hand, I was thinking, and what I would really love is a combination of both.

To make this easier to understand, here are the pro's of each career (and what I am looking for)

Behavior Analyst (ABA)
I am helping humanity
I have always loved to find out *why people do things* --which, while that is not the whole of what an ABA does, it's certainly a large chunk.
I've always wanted to nurture and express my gift of being able to understand people, at their core.
I want to be able to work with people and enlighten them.

Criminal Profiler
I essentially want to make use of all the above ones.
I am helping humanity by taking a killer off of the streets.
Not only have I always loved to find out why people do things, serial killers especially have always just fascinated me. Or at least, the exceptionally dark minds of those who have rebelled.
I've always wanted to put my gift of being able to understand motives to a very practical use that other people can use.
I want to be able to shed my unique perception on things. To uncover what may have been previously unnoticed.

I think I would be more fit for a criminal profiler, however I would also want to study WHY they did something, than just to make conclusions about them.

But yeah. so does anyone know a career that utilizes both in a sense?

Thanks!

Reactions: rawr
Become a social worker and work in prisons or probation.

You probably do NOT want to be a social worker.

Some people are really mean :x

My question is, can't you do / learn both? Wouldn't you going to learn the same basics?

.....some special kind of therapist, perhaps? One who engages with victims of serial killers?

if you're interested in politics, you could do a political science major in undergrad and become a policy analyst.

So, I have been thinking of a career seriously lately. I've always known it either involved being a rock star ( half kidding), a politician (nah, I can't stand all the backstabbing; but besides that... who knows), and a psychologist of some type.

However, I've always had a huge problem with actually narrowing it down to a feasible, and tangible option. I now have, it's either a criminal profiler, or a behavior analyst. On the other hand, I was thinking, and what I would really love is a combination of both.

To make this easier to understand, here are the pro's of each career (and what I am looking for)

Behavior Analyst (ABA)
I am helping humanity
I have always loved to find out *why people do things* --which, while that is not the whole of what an ABA does, it's certainly a large chunk.
I've always wanted to nurture and express my gift of being able to understand people, at their core.
I want to be able to work with people and enlighten them.

Criminal Profiler
I essentially want to make use of all the above ones.
I am helping humanity by taking a killer off of the streets.
Not only have I always loved to find out why people do things, serial killers especially have always just fascinated me. Or at least, the exceptionally dark minds of those who have rebelled.
I've always wanted to put my gift of being able to understand motives to a very practical use that other people can use.
I want to be able to shed my unique perception on things. To uncover what may have been previously unnoticed.

I think I would be more fit for a criminal profiler, however I would also want to study WHY they did something, than just to make conclusions about them.

Thanks!

Criminal profiler sounds like a good option because you're engaging the mental/analytical faculties, and it's a probably a more established profession compared to others, and has higher a level of specialty/expertise which may be in higher demand than most.

i love it when newbies bumppppppppp

Thanks!

Do both.

My work here is done. No thanks required, citizen.

INSONTIS AWAY~~~~~~~~

More seriously: A private investigator, perhaps? Not sure if that's quite that you're looking for but you would be able to apply some of the traits from both..