Ok.
Donor
Jun 9, 2016
Earth
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Everybody has their own interpretation/description of love. What's yours?

Reactions: Sandie33 and Gaze
The knowledge that you care so much that you would give your own life to save them because a life without them is unimaginable.

Wow...

To take the more technical side of things, as the other side of things has been aptly taken:

Ultimately love is not sentiment, it is not feeling, but an unconditional, selfless disposition of the heart that wills and yearns for the good of the other. A disposition that if genuine, carries itself out in sincere action.

To take the more technical side of things, as the other side of things has been aptly taken:

Ultimately love is not sentiment, it is not feeling, but an unconditional, selfless disposition of the heart that wills and yearns for the good of the other. A disposition that if genuine, carries itself out in sincere action.

This. Is

This though. ❤️

The knowledge that you care so much that you would give your own life to save them because a life without them is unimaginable.

Could not have said it better. :)

Oh, I don't know, what can I do?
What else can I say, it's up to you
I know we're one, just me and you
I can't go on

Blast, the already beat me to the punch, shameful unnecessary post on my part.

Last edited:
God's love, explained in I Corinthians 13 as charity, hits the nail on the head for me. Many kinds of love, though.

Love can mean getting hurt while ironing out differences. It is far easier to just walk away, but choosing to fight for it to have a chance to work means something. Love should never scream at the other, and should never be condescending. Love corrects a child without anger. Love hurts when unequally yoked sometimes....a lot of times. Love does not beat a dog. Love is somewhat music in the mind and heart.

I was smitten when I read "let love be without dissimulation". I sometimes feel unworthy of love, it is such a thing of highest regard. Yet, my eyes wander looking for it everywhere. Love hurts all the time, it seems. My dog loves me unconditionally. Love should be as close as that gets from both parties. Love should not be one-sided in a relationship.

Last edited:
Never gonna give you up. Never gonna let you down. Never gonna run around and desert you. Never gonna make you cry. Never gonna say goodbye. Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you.

I literally sang when i read this.. AHAHAHA

God's love, explained in I Corinthians 13 as charity, hits the nail on the head for me. Many kinds of love, though.

Love can mean getting hurt while ironing out differences. It is far easier to just walk away, but choosing to fight for it to have a chance to work means something. Love should never scream at the other, and should never be condescending. Love corrects a child without anger. Love hurts when unequally yoked sometimes....a lot of times. Love does not beat a dog. Love is somewhat music in the mind and heart.

I was smitten when I read "let love be without dissimulation". I sometimes feel unworthy of love, it is such a thing of highest regard. Yet, my eyes wander looking for it everywhere. Love hurts all the time, it seems. My dog loves me unconditionally. Love should be as close as that gets from both parties. Love should not be one-sided in a relationship.

Love is tough. I think the only one who love me unconditionally is my mom and my dog too.

Truly.

Love is not passive. Just as the earth ceaselessly gives...selfless.

I'd probably say that it's when you care more about someone's happiness and wellbeing than your own. When someone becomes so important to you that you feel like you'd be a different person without them and when they're wth you, you're completely yourself. When you care about them so much that you can't be happy if they're sad and vice versa.

I've never really been 'in love' with someone but that's how I imagine it.

What is love...
Love is a catalyst of hyperactive strong emotions condensing through your soul for the powerful feeling you have for your s/o.
So powerful, it can even diffuse flaws into the least, seeing pass them, and can even be so dangerous with the melancholy it can bring
just by being hurt by your s/o. The adrenaline rush you get as if a volcano is erupting, whether it's good for the beauty, or the bad for the damage.

I feel to me love isn't just this overwhelming feeling of affection towards other human beings, but more so this detailed picture of your whole life laying at your feet where just thought of the future, past and present gives you hard time but as long there is also love in the picture you know you'll be fine and you can get through anything. It's like this really comforting warm feeling that makes you just for moment remember what is really important. Maybe its really silly but that's just how I feel at the moment.