What if Guys Were Regarded as the Emotional, Social Ones... | INFJ Forum

What if Guys Were Regarded as the Emotional, Social Ones...

YourFavoriteNightmare

Community Member
Sep 11, 2013
MBTI
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
And females the logical, introverted ones?

True, modern cultures emphasizes the extrovertedness of all and the ideal types produced by such is ESTJ for males and ESFJ for females. But what if our world regarded men as Feeling types and females as Logical types?

men would probably do more child rearing, they would be more targeted by marketing...

These ideas or constructs are both biological and cultural. Do you think biology or culture is more relavant to these constructs?

I think gender roles are slowly becoming more ambiguous...if you compare the gender roles from say the 1950’s until now - huge changes have taken place. Give it a few more decades and I think the ambiguity will be dramatic in comparison to now.

And females the logical, introverted ones?

True, modern cultures emphasizes the extrovertedness of all and the ideal types produced by such is ESTJ for males and ESFJ for females. But what if our world regarded men as Feeling types and females as Logical types?

Surprisingly, just watched this new movie called "Delivery Man" here's the trailer: [video=youtube;yGAktL45XNQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGAktL45XNQ[/video]

It was incredibly interesting on a couple of different levels, 1) The focus of the movie was on men and their relationships with their children (women were almost entirely removed from the movie) 2) These men had very high emotional intelligence and there was a lot of hugging in the movie 3) the women in the movie were much more sensible and logical.

I think that there is already a huge shift taking place in pop culture- and thus being reflected in society. We are living in interesting times.

I think men are regarded as the social ones.