What faction do you belong (Divergent)? | INFJ Forum

What faction do you belong (Divergent)?

To which faction do you belong in Divergent?

• Candor - The Honest

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dauntless - The Brave

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
to which faction do you belong? (poll to be added) If you don't feel comfortable fitting into just one category, would you choose divergent or do you feel you have to pick one of the five? If you choose divergent, what makes you feel divergent from the others?

Here's a link to a test if you're curious:
http://assets.divergentthemovie.com/aptitudetest/

Would you choose factionless, assuming factionless means being ostracized, powerless, and homeless and not simply complete freedom and independence?

Candor.png

Candor (Honesty)

Faction members that belong to Candor are always honest and do not have the ability to lie. When adolescents pass their test to be integrated into Candor as a full Faction member, they have to take a serum that will make sure they tell the complete truth, even if it’s hurtful for other people in the room. This is supposed to help form relationships as everything is out in the open and there’s nothing to hide.
Candor is also responsible for upholding the law as they are unable to lie.

Amnity.png

Amnity (Peaceful)

The Amnity Faction are responsible for the food production for all Factions. They are a peaceful group that tend to work in harmony. They don’t officially have a leader as such, but instead have a representative that takes their views and represents the majority decision, even if this person disagrees with this decision themselves.
They are the only Faction that regularly goes outside the gate.

Dauntless.png

Dauntless (Brave)

The Dauntless are basically the Army Faction. It’s important they are brave and strong. They are also daring and more often than not, adrenaline junkies. Lately this Faction has become more aggressive and seems to have gone a little off the rails.
Unlike the other Factions, only the top twenty initiates are ever accepted each year. If you fail to pass the tests or decide to leave then you will either die or join the Factionless.

Abnegation.png

Abnegation (Selflessness)

The Abnegation Faction is made up of individuals that look after others needs. Their own needs are irrelevant. They feed and clothe the Factionless. They do not look at their own reflection as this is a sign of someone that is self absorbed. A mirror is generally only seen on the one day a year when a hair cut is given.
Members of Abnegation are also in positions of authority and form the Government, as they put others needs before their own. They are responsible for running the tests that every adolescent goes through to decide their future Faction. Only Abnegation teens are tested by non Abnegation members.
Abnegation faction have been tasked with an important role that is only known to a few and has been well guarded.

Erudite.png

Erudite (Intelligent)

Erudite members focus on knowledge. They like to read and learn new things. They tend to provide the technology that helps all the other Factions. The Amnity benefit from Erudite in being able to grow and harvest food for the nation and the Divergent rely on them for weapons. The Erudite made the serum that every teenager is injected with to take their faction test.

Factionless

The Factionless are generally frowned upon by everyone but those belonging to Abnegation. The Factionless tend to be people who have failed to fit in with their chosen Faction, or have decided to leave their Faction for whatever reason.
They survive mainly through the help and aid given by Agnegation, otherwise they are seen as homeless and without jobs. They are generally considered to be worthless and do not contribute to society as a whole.

Divergent
Divergent members are hidden within all of the different Factions. These are people who don’t fit the mold for one particular Faction. They can think in a number of different ways and are unpredictable as they do not behave how others around them behave automatically.
If someone is found to be Divergent in the Dauntless faction they are normally killed. Being different is not looked upon favorably and can be dangerous. Most people who are different have no idea they are classed as Divergent or what it even really means.
http://divergent-trilogy.com/factions/

Last edited:
This is from a book isn't it? How on earth would you pick? Take all five and roll them into one person and you've got me :). I'm so humble I make myself blush.

I guess I'll go with my number one drive in life - to create peace

Looked up the synopsis of this.

I'm a Chaote. I guess that would make me not only Divergent but also insurgent.

I'd rather drink buckets of cat piss and fish hooks than be forced into categorization or be cast aside.

Edit:
And the reason for this is that I'm all the factions and can use any of them according to the situation.

Last edited:
Divergent

This is so hard. I feel like I could be part of Candor, Amnity, Abnegation and Erudite. Probably Divergent then.

I chose erudite because I'm an academic and this faction would fit me the best. A second would be amity because I like diplomacy. My only concern about erudite is that it seems to be all logic and no sense of conscious or emotional consequences is considered necessary to be a good erudite. I am not a selfless person so I would not choose abnegation. In spirit, I would choose dauntless, but in skill, dauntless would not want me :D. I am not as agile as I would love to be so in that area, I would have to accept my limitations but respect dauntless fearlessness. Not a fan of candor because that sounds less like openness and more like brutal honesty no matter what the consequences. Absolute brutal honesty at all times without consequence can be just as dangerous as quiet and secrecy without any openness. So, that's why erudite fits. it comes close to reflecting my ideals about knowledge being a source of competence.

Took the quiz.

YOU ARE DIVERGENT.
YOUR CHOICES DEMONSTRATE THE VIRTUES OF MORE THAN ONE FACTION, SCORING HIGHEST IN ABNEGATION AND AMITY TRAITS.

My next highest was Erudite, Candor, then Dauntless. Guess I gotta go hide now.

YOU ARE DIVERGENT.
YOUR CHOICES DEMONSTRATE THE VIRTUES OF MORE THAN ONE FACTION,
SCORING HIGHEST IN ABNEGATION AND ERUDITE TRAITS

I had 3 factions equally highly scored though.

YOU ARE DIVERGENT.
SCORING HIGHEST IN ERUDITE AND CANDOR TRAITS

Then...
BRAVE
SELFLESS
KIND

DIVERGENT, Highest Abnegation and Amity and then Erudite. Not very truthful and brave..:D

YOU ARE DIVERGENT

divergent.png

Scored highest on Abnegation and Amity. Third was erudite.

YOU ARE DIVERGENT.

I had 3 factions equally highly scored though.

Same. Questions were fairly inconsequential though.

Is anyone not divergent? :)

Ofcourse everyone is divergent, its the whole point of the test, to make people feel like they got something in common with the main character x)

I thought the whole point of the test was to say that everyone's divergent and possess more than one quality. That you can be brave AND selfless AND peaceful, etc.