What does it mean to be well adjusted? | INFJ Forum

What does it mean to be well adjusted?

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy

Do you think you are a well adjusted individual?

Is it necessary or important to be well adjusted?

Last edited:

Well adjusted it means you are independent and free to make choice in your life. This is achievement according to me. We should go for this. You are not bounded by someone or something.

yes, i am well adjusted, but still have to prove it in my real life. Some parts are confusing for me and sometimes i feel i am not well adjusted with them. They are money and house. I am going to achieve them. I think, it goes in this way.
You know, i can say i am well adjusted at making family like relationship. I did not make a lot, Just 2-3.

if society is mad and you are well adjusted to it, doesn't that make you crazy?

hmm . . . i'll add another question because of this. thx

I am entirely not well adjusted. I am not fully independent yet and I am to chicken to do most everything XD.

Nah may, Society will keep getting mad. mad mentality, suffer from mad results.

hmm . . . i'll add another question because of this. thx

If psychiatry wasn't such a lucrative industry I guarantee there'd be less certifiably "insane" people :|

could you elaborate, dear Ravin?

Okay. Here is my try to explain:

Suppose, imagine there is one society who thinks every person is tend to follow their rule no matter what they are. If they are life destroying, follow them madly. Now take there is a rule, Love is not allowed in that society. Now one man loves a woman and they make a plan to get married. they are sane and conscious to take any step. They let know about their marriage wish. Now society is getting mad over this controversy. They are talking everywhere, discussing about how they can stop. All of sudden this couple runs away from town and gets married. Happy couple, no?

Now what will happen, others will get inspired and they will think to make progress in their life. They will think this mad society is not for us. Society is always wants to maintain their control over people. They don't know they are forcing others to follow, FORCE CRUSHES EVERYTHING.

Mad society and mad results of their results. They will get empty hands.

Did i make any sense?

well i think well adjusted individual may have different meanings to different people because we come from different backrounds and live in different environments so it may be a relative thing. i think as far as i go, i don't usually feel as though i am well adjusted because my views and understanding are always changing.

a well adjusted person should be striving to be healthy in body, spirit, mind...

well adjusted persons will be able to handle all sorts of shit

for me, it is about being comfortable with others, because you have already confronted your self

when you confront your self with honesty, you will realize your weaknesses as well as your strengths

well adjusted peoples will also be able to live fully in the present moment

not to neglect the future, but to perceive that reality is here and now

give up the illusion of control

wake up from your clouded state of being

life is fleeting. let there never be a dull moment

take it one day at a time

and remember that everything is significant

well adjusted people wont chase after happiness, like a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow

they know that they are sitting on it, all the time

happiness comes as a by product of being well adjusted

well adjusted around a center

find your center

realize that it dont matter much either way

and then you begin to relax this tension, and the film begins to clear, and all this bullshit that society gave us doesnt matter

we got to transcend that shit

Reactions: aeon and acd
For me, being well-adjusted means having an integrated personality where all the aspects are balanced and work together.

With much blood. seat, and tears over my 57 years, I find myself to be very well adjusted.

I'm not sure we can be at peace with ourselves and others until we become well-adjusted. It is how we can take best advantage of all our abilities and be the best person we can be.

To be honest with yourself, honest with others. To be open, willing to accept the truth, the blame, the responsibility. To see yourself for who you really are and not what you THINK you should be.

Not yet.. getting there.. hard work and dedication.. but I have my reason.

Is it necessary or important to be well adjusted?

It is.. because without it, your life will fall apart. Piece by piece. You will lose the ones you love, and face it.. living a lie isn't living.. its merely existing.

Two aspects to adjustment: internal (within self) and external (with surroundings/community).

Internal adjustment is more important - and consists in the absence of internal contradictions and difficulties arising from one's own temperament, choices, values, thoughts, etc. Without internal adjustment it is impossible to be happy with one's life.

External adjustment consists in being able to interract with one's environment and community in a positive way (whatever promotes peace, happiness and positive utility).

Internal/External contradiction. There may arise occasion when circumstances are such that the requirements for internal and external adjustment are contradictory. (If you enjoy quiet and stillness because it helps you think, but you are surrounded by noise and distraction). In such cases either:
1. Move away from your surroundings;
2. Try to change your internal disposition - which is near impossible;
3. Try to change your environment (ie. prepare for diplomacy or war).

Two aspects to adjustment: internal (within self) and external (with surroundings/community).

Internal adjustment is more important - and consists in the absence of internal contradictions and difficulties arising from one's own temperament, choices, values, thoughts, etc. Without internal adjustment it is impossible to be happy with one's life.

External adjustment consists in being able to interract with one's environment and community in a positive way (whatever promotes peace, happiness and positive utility).

Internal/External contradiction. There may arise occasion when circumstances are such that the requirements for internal and external adjustment are contradictory. (If you enjoy quiet and stillness because it helps you think, but you are surrounded by noise and distraction). In such cases either:
1. Move away from your surroundings;
2. Try to change your internal disposition - which is near impossible;
3. Try to change your environment (ie. prepare for diplomacy or war).

Thx for sharing this. Yeah, it's sometimes difficult to reconcile internal and external contradictions, which leads to continued struggle without any relief or solution.