the

Si master race.
Banned
Feb 17, 2009
MBTI
ISTJ
Enneagram
9w1
I like to imagine what people and culture might be like in the near future and to try to guess fads and such things. I was thinking today 'what if the next generation is not going be pick up on irony (rebelling against their ironic hipster parents). What if they think that sarcastic comments their parents made on FB were serious. What will they be like? Will they think PokemonGo was a program to practice catching slaves?

They are supposed to be more conservative than millennials by a landslide. Baby Boomer Generation 2.0

I like to imagine what people and culture might be like in the near future and to try to guess fads and such things. I was thinking today 'what if the next generation is not going be pick up on irony (rebelling against their ironic hipster parents). What if they think that sarcastic comments their parents made on FB were serious. What will they be like? Will they think PokemonGo was a program to practice catching slaves?

A glimpse into the future.

49d00e99c1ab654475ce011dbface67c.jpg

I assume it'll be similar to this:

They are supposed to be more conservative than millennials by a landslide. Baby Boomer Generation 2.0
How was this determined?

Classic mom comment.
Lol. But true. I don't believe in exaggerating my kids. I used to offend people when I would call my youngest out for being the super fugly baby that he was.

My only problem as a parent is the nosy "good Samaritan" types who interfere.

They didn't link the study so I don't know how to interpret their version of the results, but I'm hesitant to think this is actually true (of only because of my own personal bias).
It's what they are teaching in all upper level sociological classes in the country, sooooo. Literally textbooks have been written with this information in it.

Reactions: Jet
Well my kids are going to be awesome so I will just have to help them take over the world so we won't be totally screwed. ;)
It isn't your fault anyhow, the reason for the conservative mindset developing is the post 9-11 climate, growing during an economic depression, etc. Same stuff happened to the silent generation, which is what the z gen is being compared to.

It's what they are teaching in all upper level sociological classes in the country, sooooo. Literally textbooks have been written with this information in it.
Whelp, that is depressing. How does that even happen though?

This is why I hate people. Why does everyone have to be up everyone else's butt?

Reactions: Soulfire and slant
It isn't your fault anyhow, the reason for the conservative mindset developing is the post 9-11 climate, growing during an economic depression, etc. Same stuff happened to the silent generation, which is what the z gen is being compared to.
Wait, so my kids aren't Gen Z right?

Maybe we can live long enough to just skip Gen Z? Go straight from Millennials to Gen whatever is after Z???

Not figurative textbooks? These are very broad and sweeping statements.

Reactions: Jet