What do you think people envy about you? | INFJ Forum

What do you think people envy about you?

barbad0s

Banned
Apr 18, 2011
MBTI
POOP
What do you think that those around you envy about you the most, if anything? How do you feel about it?

Do you see these things as worth envying?

Do you want to be enviable?

envy-envy-capital-sin-sunny-demotivational-posters-1292878974.jpg

One girl envies how intelligent I was, witch in turn makes me feel smart.

Quite honestly, I don't know if anyone envies anything about me. I don't think I'd want them to; I wouldn't want someone to feel they fall short in some aspect and look to me as a possible affirmation or reinforcement of that, but I wouldn't mind if people appreciated or admired some of my qualities. I'd like that. On some level, I'd like to have it as feedback for how I'm perceived by others IRL.

I don't think much. I've always been under the impression that I'm relatively intelligent, so maybe that?

My friends.

Nothing. I suck-didally-uck
I'm a big loser. I'm an idiot trapped in a tinier idiot's body.

I'm having a bad bad day. But I will bounce back, as usual, and rebuild...
Someone told me once that things all seemed "golden" for me, as if it all came effortless.
This person is under the mistaken assumption that I totally have my shit together. Maybe that's what I'm good at. Faking it, or at least playing it cool.
This person does not know how hard I have to work to achieve or have anything.
I tried to tell them, but they didn't believe me.

Last edited:
Reactions: the
sometimes, especially online in trollville, just how much smarter i am than them overall. just stating facts can make you a life enemy sometimes. of course i have no concept of tact, especially when i know i'm right as being right should trump everything else every time.

What do you think that those around you envy about you the most, if anything? How do you feel about it?

A lot of people envy the fact that I have been in a stable relationship for six years, it makes me very uncomfortable actually- I almost try not to bring it up, even though I am very proud of it, just because it gets my girlfriends going. But at the same time, I think it gives people hope that long term relationships can happen :) so ultimately I feel conflicted because I am proud, but I also try not to make people envious, just because I know it's not a glory hole, and I know that's it's super freakin hard work.

I think the other thing that people envy about me, is that in our relationship we get to have pretty deep conversations, and I've met a lot of people who don't have that in their relationship. But, I don't necessarily think it's always envy- most of the time I think they just really enjoy getting to have deep conversations with me, and my sig other- but I think in the past there might have been more envy- at least one friend said that he was envious. He was dating someone at the time he couldn't relate to deeply. As far as how that makes me feel, I'm flattered, and surprised that more people don't have deep conversations, and that it's considered such a rarity.

After thinking about it, I do see these things as being enviable- but then, at the same time, one of my parameters for dating was being able to have deep conversations, and I am always surprised that other people don't hold that as part of their parameters for dating too.

Do I want to be enviable? No, I want to be appreciated- I like having people respect me for who I am, but I think envy is ugly, and can lead to bad things. I prefer to mutual admiration- where I appreciate another person and they appreciate me. When people are envious it's because they don't realize that they are also made of god/star/universe stuff- the same stuff as you and me, and that they too can have what they want. Envy is a symptom of small thinking.

yeah... i envy you too, a little, nut more in an "i wish i had it like that way too" than petty jealousy. for MOST of my life, all i've wanted was to be loved and my own family wasn't exactly the most nurturing, though i am on good terms (NOW) with my ISTJ sister after about 15 years of not talking.

My kids

...she's not envious, not with her own large breasts, which she's covering up...she just doesn't think much of how that other woman is displaying her wares...

Is that Sophia Loren?, omg she is smokin hot in that picture.

As I envy nothing about anybody else, it is often hard for me to understand why others waste so much time and energy on that emotion. On a related note, it's always been difficult for me to understand why people even spend time thinking of ways to bring others down; are feelings of inadequacy really a justification for malicious activity?

Sure I have unfulfilled wants and desires, but unless I earn or create them myself then the result would be meaningless to me.

Reactions: barbad0s
As I envy nothing about anybody else, it is often hard for me to understand why others waste so much time and energy on that emotion. On a related note, it's always been difficult for me to understand why people even spend time thinking of ways to bring others down; are feelings of inadequacy really a justification for malicious activity?

Sure I have unfulfilled wants and desires, but unless I earn or create them myself then the result would be meaningless to me.

Very wise.

I dunno, all the people I've met seem to keep that sort of stuff to themselves.

Some people have said they think I'm smart.

One person I know enjoys my sense of humor.

Some see me as very artistic.

I don't know if they envy those characteristics.