Morgain

defective wisdom
Donor
Aug 20, 2009
MBTI
INFJ again
Enneagram
4w5
Before we all start to believe that INFPs are the devil that drives people INSANE :D

does anyone has a positive experience with people of this type?
(please only answer when you are SURE that they indeed are INFP's)

Reactions: under skies
My Infp is sooo adorable and likes to make random adorable sounds.

Last edited:
Uhm.

Trying to find some point, worth, value or goodness in this thread.

Still trying...

Yep... I'll get back to you.

I know an ENFP. She's an angel.<3

I know I don't know you personally Morgain, but from what I've seen personally and what my intuition tells me, you are very unique. You are quite caring in your own special way, and you really enjoy helping others. Also you are very intelligent. Very humble.

you are a true inspiration for a growing INFP :)

this guy i know is a self identified INFP (4w3) and he's one of the sweetest people I know. so soft spoken, i don't think he has a aggressive bone in his body, and is very tolerant of others. i adore him :)

I know some INFPs that are pretty cool cats. Generally, they're rather warm and generous individuals and once you've earned their friendship, you know you've got a buddy for life. They're super creative and it's fun to brainstorm with them. If you give them a chance to loosen up and share what they really think, they can have some pretty interesting insights into the world and people around them.

I'm also absolutely fascinated by their extroverted intuition.

Last edited:
Ahhhhh they drive me up the wall, however the ones I know tend to be quite creative and loyal to those they care about. They have a lot of feeling and seek connections, however I find I get easily overwhelmed by them. My boyfriend is an INFP, he tries to do his best by me but I find that sometimes he will do things for others at the detriment to himself. But yeah, they seem to be a bit too much feeling overload to me. Well, I suppose one way to look at it would be that he makes up for the feelings that I lack. :m122:

I have positive experience with an INFP who, while possessing a set of values both deeply considered and deeply held, always allows for the possibility they are wrong, such that they always possess a sense of doubt. Their only certainty, in paradox, is that there isn't any. This leads to their feeling things deeply, and perhaps expressing their dreams, ideas, and passions in a manner that is with some energy, but they never make claim to the mantle of that which is right. That said, in those moments when they are presented with something they do not value, they may be heard to exclaim "that is fucked up."

As it concerns others, they love nothing more than to witness others' truth and hear their stories. To meet a stranger and in the space of a few minutes to have that stranger reveal those things of meaning and beauty to them - this is a never-ending source of joy. Hearing of that stranger's path, unique in its details, universal in its humanity, is beheld with a childlike wonder.

That INFP's moral compass sometimes seems to work by pointing due south - the "good" is only known by full exploration of that which is "evil" - that which would be socially acceptable is only known by consideration of that which would lead to the greatest shaming and embarassment. They have sometimes spoken of their most valuable experiences as it concerns growth and integration being those times they walked through their valley of shadow - because when they eventually climbed the hillside, they truly appreciated and understood their light of dawn.

They often speak of everything being subjective, their values included. Out of this is born their idea that there is no good, no evil - that people are motivated by their needs, constrained by their situation, and do the best they can with the resources available to them. In this sense, forgiveness of others and self is by default, and compassion for humanity is universal. That INFP has expressed their greatest lesson is that of acceptance - of all there is, and ultimately, their own person.

At the same time, a part of them also longs for tabula rasa, for the slate of the world of humankind to be erased. They imagine a catastrophe of fire, flood, or pestilence that would lay waste to all there is, a "cleansing" of epic proportion. The expression of this idea often comes when they are impassioned and exploring their doubt.

This INFP expresses a duality of hedonism and self-restraint. They can become quite excited by consideration of sensuous and sensual pleasures, but at the same time, they also exhibit a degree of temperence in things that borders on self-denial.

That INFP finds beauty in so many things, especially in nature, and they focus on contemplation of that beauty to the point they are overwhelmed with the emotional experience resulting. They seem to have tears most days, even if their overall nature and demeanor are ones of interior calm and exterior bursts of energy.

In times of conflict that INFP tends to retreat and become like that of stone. They are sometimes too eager to sieze upon a fact they can blow up to size such that it may be used as a club against themselves. They can react hotly when invalidated, only to quickly retreat again, offering apology for their expressed anger. They invest considerable energy in defending themselves if they perceive they are under attack. On the other hand, they dive toward a deep self-disclosure and openness if they sense that the situation is safe or if they sense such vulnerability will bring about resolution or harmony. This only comes about when they have accepted the inevitability of feeling deeply those emotions deemed unpleasant - and this usually comes after some time of a walled-off defense.

Their imagination is quick and seemingly without boundary. That INFP will spontaneously express the fantastical, even when the source stimulus was mundane or ordinary. They tend to be animated and eager in that expression. They are often told how well they tell a story, real or imagined.

In the end I have the sense you could tell that INFP anything about yourself and they would accept you for your person. I value that more than I could say. Coming to know them and earning their trust has been one of the best experiences of my life.

cheers,
Ian

Last edited:
INFPs are cool people, unless you get into a discussion where it is revealed that you have a different value system/ idea of truth than theirs.

Then they will spend any amount of time "necessary" to bring you to the light.
Two INFPs with different ideas of truth often despise each other, while those who agree generally team up well.

My father is an INFP. I love him, he loves me to pieces... which can be uncomfortable if I don't agree with him on any small or large topic concerning politics or religion.
He cares and so he wants to "set you straight" on those matters XD.

I love my INFP siblings and my INFP friends. I seem to attract INFP's.
I love how they listen, I've found them to be very accepting people and highly imaginative.
I consider them to be extremely intelligent, especially when it comes to the arts such as drawing, writing and music.
They are great guys to be around and I always enjoy having their company.

Last edited:
I have positive experience with an INFP who, while possessing a set of values both deeply considered and deeply held, always allows for the possibility they are wrong, such that they always possess a sense of doubt. Their only certainty, in paradox, is that there isn't any. This leads to their feeling things deeply, and perhaps expressing their dreams, ideas, and passions in a manner that is with some energy, but they never make claim to the mantle of that which is right. That said, in those moments when they are presented with something they do not value, they may be heard to exclaim "that is fucked up."

They often speak of everything being subjective, their values included. Out of this is born their idea that there is no good, no evil - that people are motivated by their needs, constrained by their situation, and do the best they can with the resources available to them. In this sense, forgiveness of others and self is by default, and compassion for humanity is universal. That INFP has expressed their greatest lesson is that of acceptance - of all there is, and ultimately, their own person.

At the same time, a part of them also longs for tabula rasa, for the slate of the world of humankind to be erased. They imagine a catastrophe of fire, flood, or pestilence that would lay waste to all there is, a "cleansing" of epic proportion. The expression of this idea often comes when they are impassioned and exploring their doubt.

This INFP expresses a duality of hedonism and self-restraint. They can become quite excited by consideration of sensuous and sensual pleasures, but at the same time, they also exhibit a degree of temperence in things that borders on self-denial.

That INFP finds beauty in so many things, especially in nature, and they focus on contemplation of that beauty to the point they are overwhelmed with the emotional experience resulting. They seem to have tears most days, even if their overall nature and demeanor are ones of interior calm and exterior bursts of energy.

In times of conflict that INFP tends to retreat and become like that of stone. They are sometimes too eager to sieze upon a fact they can blow up to size such that it may be used as a club against themselves. They can react hotly when invalidated, only to quickly retreat again, offering apology for their expressed anger. They invest considerable energy in defending themselves if they perceive they are under attack. On the other hand, they dive toward a deep self-disclosure and openness if they sense that the situation is safe or if they sense such vulnerability will bring about resolution or harmony. This only comes about when they have accepted the inevitability of feeling deeply those emotions deemed unpleasant - and this usually comes after some time of a walled-off defense.

this really resonates with me :D

My friend is an INFP.... well, there's two great things I can say about her:

1) She is excellent at photography.
2) She is the only woman who will ever have invited me to tour Europe (I should have gone :m142: )

So yes, INFP's can be great!

Sensitivity and willingness to fight for what they believe in.

My Infp is sooo adorable and likes to make random adorable sounds.

Is your INFP a toddler?

I don't mean this in a bad way I really am just curious because of the whole
"adorable sounds".

this really resonates with me :D

Aeon's descriptions seem to mark me to a fine point. I've never considered my conflicting traits as an example of such intense dualisms before.

Then again, I've been told I'm "intense" but I don't see it and neither do either of my two good INFJ friends.

I have a sorta love hate thing for INFPs, so for the good sides:

they are creative, tend to like similar things as I do, are romantic, I love their Ne, its really fascinating to me (Ne in general is), I like how theyre really deep, how they tend to like artistic/poetry things. I bet thered be more but I havent any contact with one in real life at the moment (had in the past though) so its a bit hard remembering everything.

bump

My 2 best friends are infps.

And what I love the most about them,and infps in general, is that they encourage me to go for my goals, but at the same time to chill out once in a while and not take life too seriously. I also love their adorable sense of humour because it's like a very assorted box of chocolates and so refreshing.

They are also willing to ride in the clouds with you :)