What do you like most about being in a relationship? | INFJ Forum

What do you like most about being in a relationship?

Satya

C'est la vie
Retired Staff
May 11, 2008
MBTI
INXP
I've decided I want to get back on the market once I move to Florida and I need a little motivation, so tell me all those things that you really like about being in a relationship.

Snuggling, the fact that we have a way of shearing our thoughts and experiences without merging into one being, that we can sit together for hours in silence reading, studying, working and not feel the pressure to talk. I like that sense of being in a team but still being an individual. Learning new things is always more fun together, and even the boring chores can be fun if you do them with someone you love. Also the sexual part, at least for me, is important aspect of the relationship. I like the feeling that I can be myself completely and fully without being judged with someone I love.

Reactions: Gaze
Being able to talk about any and every thing.

Being able to share everything between u.

General feeling of being content.

Cuddling.

Sex.

For a second I thought b/c no one was replying that it was indicative that all INFJs here were single. LOL! Ok, not really...

Reactions: WellNoWonder
Companionship with a like minded individual.
Comfort
protection
peace
humor
calm
humility
trust

I like to watch my girlfriends sleep. Then sometimes they wake up and go "are you watching me sleep?" and I go "no, of course not".

Reactions: Orion
I like to watch my girlfriends sleep. Then sometimes they wake up and go "are you watching me sleep?" and I go "no, of course not".

My boyfriend does this too. :D Please explain why you do that?

Just about everything, really. Having someone who understands you, roots for you, and makes the world seem more kind are important. There is something to finding someone that complements you. And there is a way that being more complete that can ease the soul. Intimacy is a growing energy and so for constructive people in a good relationship it is a beautiful thing, not just reckless. And then there's how we can team up to accomplish goals or do our own thing. Concepts like symbiosis really are just projections of a good relationship onto the animal world.

Reactions: Gaze
Just about everything, really. Having someone who understands you, roots for you, and makes the world seem more kind are important. There is something to finding someone that complements you. And there is a way that being more complete that can ease the soul. Intimacy is a growing energy and so for constructive people in a good relationship it is a beautiful thing, not just reckless. And then there's how we can team up to accomplish goals or do our own thing. Concepts like symbiosis really are just projections of a good relationship onto the animal world.

Well said.

I like having a person who thinks I'm the most important person in their life.

My boyfriend does this too. :D Please explain why you do that?

I only do this when I am IN LOVE with a girl. Some of the things that go through my mind when I'm watching a girlfriend sleep include marriage, kids, I want to kiss her but I shouldnt cuz I might wake her up, and her skin is so beautiful. So to SIMPLY answer your question; he does it because he LOVES you and is fascinated by you. But its much more than that.

When I feel truly accepted, loved, and appreciated, it's like being fueled by a conduit of light that percolates into everything I do. I feel as though I can turn everything into magic when I have a wonderful relationship to stand upon -- more inspired, more creative, more productive, happier, more fulfilled. Life rockets from semi-gray to full tone.

Love the feel of skin, the glow of a knowing look, the shared nonsense of an afternoon built on nothing but being together. Functional relationships can make me feel unstoppable.

Having somebody to be there for you unconditionally, as you are for them.
Just feeling loved.
Giving love.
Having someone who knows what you are thinking before you even say it.
Having someone you can be completely natural around and not feel exposed because they love you for it.
Having sex/making love.
Having someone to fill those empty spaces in your calendar.
Falling/being in love.
Someone to support you in your time of need and vice versa.
Having someone to support you just because they want to.
Silly insiders and pet name.
Kissing, hugging, cuddling, and all other forms of intimacy.
Having someone to talk to right before you go to bed, and as soon as you wake up.
Falling asleep next to someone with a smile on your face because you know they'll still be there when you wake up.

Oh my, there is so much more! I could go on for ages.

I've decided I want to get back on the market once I move to Florida and I need a little motivation, so tell me all those things that you really like about being in a relationship.

1. The initial flood of stupefying hormones
  2. The recession of said hormones, resulting in the creeping realization of just how stupefying they had been
  3. The brief period of bull-headed denial that the romantic interest has any flaws worth mentioning
  4. The subsequent, longer period of cognitive dissonance
  5. The creeping realization that said flaws are actually beyond your previous imagination
  6. The subsequent period of obsession over the rhetorical question, "what did I get myself into"
  7. The aggression (in passive or manic varieties, or more often some combination of the two) from said (former) romantic interest following the badly-defined and worse-orchestrated break-up
  8. The healing phase, followed by an intense desire to do it all over again.

Reactions: Orion
Snuggling, the fact that we have a way of shearing our thoughts and experiences without merging into one being, that we can sit together for hours in silence reading, studying, working and not feel the pressure to talk. I like that sense of being in a team but still being an individual. Learning new things is always more fun together, and even the boring chores can be fun if you do them with someone you love. Also the sexual part, at least for me, is important aspect of the relationship. I like the feeling that I can be myself completely and fully without being judged with someone I love.

good for you. my girlfriend actually doesnt enjoy snuggle or cuddling very much and it drives me nuts

What I like most about being in a relationship? How about...

Lying under a tree in a park together on a sunny Saturday morning, treading the line between public display of affection and public indecency :smile: