What branch of philosophy should you study? | INFJ Forum

What branch of philosophy should you study?

You Should Study Aesthetics

aesthetics.jpg

Reactions: James and Ginny
You Should Study Epistemology

You're the type of person who is comfortable with uncertainty and more questions than answers.
In fact, it tends to bug you when people are a know-it-alls or unrealistically confident about what they know.

You aren't sure that we know what we think we know, and you believe that knowledge is always evolving.
You like to reflect on whether true knowledge is possible at all. And if so, what can we really know for sure?

Reactions: Free and James
Epistemology

You're the type of person who is comfortable with uncertainty and more questions than answers.
In fact, it tends to bug you when people are a know-it-alls or unrealistically confident about what they know.

You aren't sure that we know what we think we know, and you believe that knowledge is always evolving.
You like to reflect on whether true knowledge is possible at all. And if so, what can we really know for sure?

Aesthetics

I thought it was going to be political philosophy, but it said metaphysics. I don't think I'd study philosophy at all, though.

Last edited:
Metaphysics

Of all the types, you are the most likely to be familiar with and drawn to philosophy already.
You like to think about heavy questions about existence, reality, time, and life. You sometimes freak people out with this!

You spend more time than most people thinking about the meaning of life and what being human is all about.
You think contemplation is its own reward, and you simply strive to understand the world a little better.

You Should Study Epistemology

That 175 thousand percent true, or is it?

Wish these tests had more choices.

Reactions: Bellosome
You Should Not Study

epistemology.jpg

Share!
htmlbrackets.svg
bbcode.svg
lj.svg
You're the type of person who should not be wasting the space others would be using studying. You aren't concerned with morals because you are amoral.

You love to think about hypothetical situations and which actions would be the most pleasurable to take. You aren't sure that you know what you know, but you believe that knowledge is always effervescent.

You would like to analyze your own feelings deeper,and go deeply into a particular set of others. You don't think any line is too sacred to be questioned.

Reactions: Peppermint
You Should Study Ethics

You are very interested in what is morally right and what is morally wrong. What is the right way to live?

You aren't concerned with morals because you are a moralist. In fact, you just consider the questions of ethics to be interesting and quite open.

You love to think about hypothetical situations and which actions would be the right ones to take. You even like to debate these things with your friends.

You think morality is complicated and nuanced. You observe and think instead of judge and preach.

Epistemology, but I know I'm into Aesthetics and Metaphysics as well.

You should study metaphysics

Of all the types, you are the most likely to be familiar with and drawn to philosophy already.
You like to think about heavy questions about existence, reality, time, and life. You sometimes freak people out with this!

You spend more time than most people thinking about the meaning of life and what being human is all about.
You think contemplation is its own reward, and you simply strive to understand the world a little better.

Ethics, haha I've never enjoyed ethics so well...

You Should Study Aesthetics

aesthetics.jpg

You are a deep thinker, but unlike most deep thinking types, you don't get too stuck inside your head.
You are instead inspired by the world around you, especially by its beauty. You are a very visual person.

And it's not enough for you to simply notice that something is beautiful. You like to think about what makes it so gorgeous.
You like to explore the philosophy of beauty - through thinking and maybe even through making your own art.

Reactions: Skarekrow
You should study Ethics.

You are very interested in what is morally right and what is morally wrong. What is the right way to live?
You aren't concerned with morals because you are a moralist. In fact, you just consider the questions of ethics to be interesting and quite open.

You love to think about hypothetical situations and which actions would be the right ones to take. You even like to debate these things with your friends.
You think morality is complicated and nuanced. You observe and think instead of judge and preach.

This is all true, but I am only concerned with finding out what is the right way for me to live. I don't think I can answer that question for anyone else, nor do I want to take on that responsibility.