What are your smarts/talents/intelligence? | INFJ Forum

What are your smarts/talents/intelligence?

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
Everyone here seems to have a particular kind of smarts/intelligence (not necessarily IQ).

So, how would you describe your unique or particular type or kind of smarts/talent?

This question is not so much about how smart you are intellectually, but the kinds of strengths/smarts/talents which seem to be the strongest or most developed.

*Remember, that there are different types/kinds of smarts/intelligence

Last edited:
Everyone here seems to have a particular kind of smarts/intelligence (not necessarily IQ).

So, how would you describe your unique or particular type or kind of smarts?

This question is not so much about how smart you are intellectually, but the kinds of strengths/smarts which seem to be the strongest or most developed.

*Remember, that there are different types/kinds of smarts/intelligence

My intelligence lies in the arts and arranging peices together, like a jigsaw puzzle. I'm not quite sure if intelligence is the same as talent but naturally I have always exceled in the arts. Mainly digital art, writing and music. These were the subjects at school I got the highest marks in and that people have complemented on.

My intelligence lies in the arts and arranging peices together, like a jigsaw puzzle. I'm not quite sure if intelligence is the same as talent but naturally I have always exceled in the arts. Mainly digital art, writing and music. These were the subjects at school I got the highest marks in and that people have complemented on.

Yep, talent is included :smile:

This may be one of the hardest questions you have asked but I'll give it a go.

I think that I have the ability to be unbiased which is a type of smarts in a way. It allows me to analyze situations and make decisions based on logic rather than my emotional investment in a subject. I look at a problem, form a hypothesis, check the facts, analyze, find a solution, recheck it for any other problems, and repeat the process. I want to make sure I'm solving the right problem as opposed to a surface issue. Sometimes what you think is the problem is actually just an effect of the real situation. Things aren't always easily identified but I think one of my strengths is seeking out what needs to be addressed. I want to be focused so I can find the best solution as having too broad of an issue will make it harder to solve. I believe that hypothesis is important because it creates a type of road-map for approaching the problem. If I hypothesize something and can't fill in holes then I know where to look first. I believe I'm good at asking the questions that probe those holes. I'm always tearing down my ideas and attempting to restructure them into something better. From there I try to find qualitative and quantitative information that will lead me to a better solution. I create lists in my head of all the problems with my hypothesis and then break that down into the major issues that need to be addressed. Granted, I can get stuck in minor details if I find them interesting enough. This is an important part of my thinking process because it keeps things concrete and is central to helping me understand information. I can't just hang on a thread. I need the facts and I need backup on just how factual they are. Finally, I get to the solution and check that for problems. A problem with my "smarts" may be that I find a solution useless unless it can be implemented. I'm always revising my questions as I make new discoveries.

Reactions: Questingpoet
This may be one of the hardest questions you have asked but I'll give it a go.

I think that I have the ability to be unbiased which is a type of smarts in a way. It allows me to analyze situations and make decisions based on logic rather than my emotional investment in a subject. I look at a problem, form a hypothesis, check the facts, analyze, find a solution, recheck it for any other problems, and repeat the process. I want to make sure I'm solving the right problem as opposed to a surface issue. Sometimes what you think is the problem is actually just an effect of the real situation. Things aren't always easily identified but I think one of my strengths is seeking out what needs to be addressed. I want to be focused so I can find the best solution as having too broad of an issue will make it harder to solve. I believe that hypothesis is important because it creates a type of road-map for approaching the problem. If I hypothesize something and can't fill in holes then I know where to look first. I believe I'm good at asking the questions that probe those holes. I'm always tearing down my ideas and attempting to restructure them into something better. From there I try to find qualitative and quantitative information that will lead me to a better solution. I create lists in my head of all the problems with my hypothesis and then break that down into the major issues that need to be addressed. Granted, I can get stuck in minor details if I find them interesting enough. This is an important part of my thinking process because it keeps things concrete and is central to helping me understand information. I can't just hang on a thread. I need the facts and I need backup on just how factual they are. Finally, I get to the solution and check that for problems. A problem with my "smarts" may be that I find a solution useless unless it can be implemented. I'm always revising my questions as I make new discoveries.

Hmm. interesting process. It's really cool that you can explain it. I can see the thought patterns unfolding in this.

Hmm. interesting process. It's really cool that you can explain it. I can see the thought patterns unfolding in this.

It was hard and I'm tired. Shame on you for making me think this late!
=)>

i can draw! and paint decently. It's pretty much the only thing i'd consider myself to be talented/smart at.

Street smarts? No.
Book smarts? No.

Hmmmm....

SOL?

Gardner's Eight Frames of Mind

1. Verbal:Ability to think in words and use language to express meaning.
2. Mathematical
3. Spatial:ability to think three-dimensionally..architects..artists
4. Kinestetic:ability to manipulate objects or physically adept
5. Musical:sensitivity to pitch, melody, rhythm and tone...
6. Interpersonal:ability to understand and interact effectively with people
7. Intrapersonal:ability to understand oneself...theologian, psychologist..
8. Naturalist:Ability to observe patterns in nature and its systems..farmer, botanist, landscaper.
Hmm I am a 6,7,and5... I am very good at reading and understanding people, and then I put my knowledge to good use by creating harmony with groups of people...marriage stuff...parent/child stuff. I love understanding people and how they work. Im working on a Psychology Degree...so I can get paid for doing what I love ;)
I also write songs for the piano and play the fiddle. (I cant read music so I actually just record my stuff.)

Last edited:
Intrapersonal 85%
Musical 80%
Verbal/Linguistic 65%
Bodily/Kinesthetic 55%
Naturalist 55%
Visual/Spatial 35%
Interpersonal 30%
Logical/Mathematical 20%

Verbal/ Linguistic 95%
(It's probably lower when it comes to communication, but spelling/grammar and languages come naturally to me.)
Visual/ Spatial 90%
I can draw, paint etc. and have a deep appreciation for aesthetics.
Musical 85%
I have good pitch and remember melodies easily, and can create complex music in my head however, I can not yet play an instrument. I need to get on that.
Naturalist 85%
This is probably because I have family influences that are dedicated environmentalists. Plus, I just generally love nature.
Intrapersonal 80%
I'm mostly perfectionistic, work well independently, and spend a lot of time reflecting.
Logical/ Mathematical 55%
I've never been good with general algebra, but I've always had a knack for geometry. It was easy to visualize the shapes I was calculating for. My ability to be logical depends on my interest level, I think.
Interpersonal 40%
Hmm. Makes sense. But I'm sure RWIR has better social skills than I do.
Bodily/ Kinesthetic 35%
I'm hopeless, unless I'm involved in an individual sport or I'm using my fine motor skills.

Last edited: