What are YOUR dreams? | INFJ Forum

What are YOUR dreams?

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
Whether or not, you think they will come true, what are YOUR dreams?

(Not the ones anyone else has for you)

One related to the relatively far future is about having a hacienda in Cuba or some place similar, something like Hemingway used to have, with a pool made of stone, large garden full of plants, living there with my partner, enjoying the weather and having fun. So that would be my retirement plan. :D

For now, I'd like to travel and maybe mix travel with work. It's very common for engineers to travel either to some place where it's considerably hot like Libya, Arabia, ... or to some place where is extremely cold, like Russia, and work there for a year or more. I'd like to go somewhere where it's hot obviously. :D Other than that I would love to sty with my current partner and travel with him, since he is also an engineer we could mix something that would suit us both.

i want to make the world a better place through writing literature. how trite is that? i've even got three novels planned already. i'm just trying to finish school and get a space in which to write them. i think this is a very sad dream to have but i wanted to do it since i was about 11 or 12 and i don't think i could go without trying.

Reactions: Siamese cat
i want to make the world a better place through writing literature. how trite is that? i've even got three novels planned already. i'm just trying to finish school and get a space in which to write them. i think this is a very sad dream to have but i wanted to do it since i was about 11 or 12 and i don't think i could go without trying.

Sounds like a pretty cool plan, why would it be sad?

Reactions: invisible
Write books. Fall in love. Start a family. Travel the world. Raise my children up to be decent, honest people. Die old, married to the woman I've loved for 70+ years.

Oh, I want to be a singer.

Last edited:
well the first in the line of three is become a successful soloist. next i want to organize an event with current/popular artists that dedicate their time to a free clinic, with the majority of proceeds going to reputable child abuse and or foster care charities. i think it can really be a win win bc if it becomes big enough, it could be an annual thing, and a great opportunity for up and coming artists to show case their stuff and get their name out there.

third would require some sponsers and is the least developed for me, but i'd like to make some free recreation centers for kids that live in the boonies like i do. i was thinking sound proof rooms where kids could sign out a room for a certain amount of time and get some practice in on an instrument of their choice if their parents can't afford these instruments or lessons as i would want to put some basic instructional dvds in there so they could teach themselves the basics. but this would promote bands also, as kids/teens could get together and start makin music whenever they all have the time too.

Reactions: Gaze
Happiness and love.

I've got to change humanity into a self-respecting, responsible, positive thinking mass o'flesh capable of outliving the universe itself. Not that I expect to be able to do that by myself, but I can help it along by writing my sci-fi stories and games. Hey, one's got to have goals, right?

This is really neat that this thread was started today--because someone asked me this very question earlier this afternoon, and I was a little distraught that I didn't have a ready answer. So it'll take some thinking about.

I know I want to travel to as many different places as I can. I know I want to write and publish a book (probably a novel). I know I want to get a masters in English and possibly a PhD. I want to have children. I want a house with a porch that I can sit on and drink homemade ice tea. I want to live close to work.

I wish I could fill in WHERE I want to work... but for right now, those are the definites.

To find bliss and peace. It's more a mind game within yourself than anything else. I have had moments, maybe in 20 to 30 minute segments where I think I felt it. It was like everything inside of me smiled, and I smiled, and there wasn't anything else I wanted in that moment. I was at peace.

Exhileration is nice too.

Grow closer to God, help people (emotionally and psychologically mostly), create a work of art (or come up with something innovative.) simple enough, i would like to think.

Last edited:
To be remembered, looked upon as a role model, and to be loved by those who I love. That's all I need.

I'm noticing a trend.

God this is hard for me to answer. I have so many wild schemes and plans, and I know that within 10 years or so I will have to start coming to terms with the fact that I won't be able to do them all.

I guess my dream consists of three parts: to shake those in power by teaching a new generation of free thinkers who won't necessarily buy into the whole "modern society" thing, to come to terms with the fact that I will die and I will not accomplish everything I want to do but actually be okay with that, and to have the ambition to actually find a way to achieve my dream rather than making it just another pipe-dream.

Being a reclusive famous writer would also be pretty neat. I'm thinking a whole Hannah Montana thing. I write and can be in the spot-light for short amounts of time with my alter-ego, but spend a majority of my time being just another person living their life.

My most secret dream is to meet some F type who can articulate emotions in such a way that I can understand them. They will dig me out with their eyes.

But that's silly.

I want to be able to live my life in such a way as to be a good example for others. I want to help those with emotional and psychological problems, and to let them know it is possible to live in peace and understand that their lives have value. I don't want fame or anything like that.