What are the big philosophical questions? | INFJ Forum

What are the big philosophical questions?

Lark

Rothchildian Agent
May 9, 2011
MBTI
ENTJ
Enneagram
What do you think the big philosophical questions are? Are there many or just one? Why?

There are many questions in my opinion. However for some people, all they can handle is one question and often they choose a very broad philosophical question, such as "what is the meaning of life?". Or questions which they deem to have a "religious" nature.

However in my opinion, the big philosophical questions are the ones that you find worthy of your mental and intellectual time. For me, there are broader questions, such as the one I mentioned above, as well as the origin of life, the existence of human life (both in small societies and the entire world co-existing), common religious questions, and how the world as we know it will come to an end.

I also have more specific philosophical questions, such as how does my existence relate to anyone else's (metaphysically speaking), how is my existence more, less, or equal in importance to the existence of high ranking social figures, etc etc.

At what point does philosophy become a waste of time due to the diminishing returns of spending your life asking questions about life instead of living it and finding your answers?

1zn4wv4.jpg

Well, my answer is why not? Answer to that answer is yes. That is all.

One of the philosophical questions I had at a very early age, relatively speaking, is "How is it that I am here when the world is so big?" That was it almost thought for thought. It wasn't until much later in my life that I realized just how big, and small, the world really is.

The question "why" is an interesting one because all it does is lead to more questions. For example if you have a question like "why is so much of our being shaded behind a mask that is the subconscious" it will lead you to do one of two things: 1) motivate you to find the answer, or 2) lead to more questions. As I understand it when in company with others while having a philosophical conversation that is both honest and grounded in harmony, there is much discussion of simply asking questions back and forth. Not to say that that is the only thing, there are answers to some questions if you are in the right frame of mind, but it should be a shared experience shared equally between the parties involved. At least this is how I understand it in theory, the reality is perhaps quite different.