corvidae

ohai internets
Donor
Dec 23, 2008
MBTI
INTJ
Enneagram
?
The Westboro Baptist Church, aka http://godhatesfags.com, is protesting at the Jewish center at my university in a week.

HrtZz.jpg

ZPXiv.jpg

If those pictures were not obvious enough, the church is well known for its homophobic and provocative protests.

The founder of the church was a civil rights lawyer in the 1960s who was given an award by the NAACP. And oddly enough, he is a Democrat. He supported Al Gore in 1988, before calling him a "famous fag pimp" in 1997, and picketing Gore's dad's funeral in 1998. He ran for Senator and Governor a few times.

/head explodes

I hope that there is some counter-protest organizing in the works for this.
I wish I could be there for that. Man..

Reactions: sumone
There is a counter-protest, although some people argue that it's just giving them more attention than they deserve.

Good point.

You guys could throw a parade or some sort of festival or whathaveyou across the street.
Dress up real fancy and colorful and play loud music to distract anyone who would notice or hear them.
Fun!

I suppose my idea could still be considered a counter-protest.. but the whole point would be just to make it as absurd and colorful and eye-catching as possible to detract attention from them, and not to even proclaim your adversity to their opinions..

You can get some flowers fake or otherwise and skip up to passerbys and hand them to them with all manner of florid gesticulations bake cookies etc. etc.

Last edited:
I've met them at pride marches. They are fun people.

I've met similar people at Pride as well. I want to walk up to them and say, "Jesus loves gay people." and "Judge not, lest ye be judged."

But I don't...

That would only reinforce them. That's what the KKK does and they hate everyone who ain't a WASP. That is, if you meant fire..

I don't know. Or you could have meant flamboyant. That'd be funny.

I'd actually love to have a conversation with a Westboro Baptist. I mean, I'm sure I can already expect everything that would be said in the exchange but still.

Last edited:
I did indeed mean the latter.

Pink Plastic with spinning rainbow tassels,
Powerful speakers/woofers playing You Can't Stop The Music,
Light shows coming from several random spots.

I was reminded of these people today in my psychology class when the instructor asked what characteristics defined a true follower. That prompts the question of what kind of being are they following. The way they define their God does not make him look like the an attractive deity to follow.

laofmoonster:
get a crap ton of rainbow gay pride flags.
Set them up so that they stay open, but not held
when they arrive, surround them entirely (or back them with a wall) with the flags, giving them a good sized radius (20-50 feet)

That way, all anybody sees is a huge display of pride, and wonder about who's shouting.

like so:
[youtube]ekQIumgq25s[/youtube]

Last edited:
I hope that there is some counter-protest organizing in the works for this.
I wish I could be there for that. Man..

There are actually there is a really hilarious one on you tube. It was done by micheal more.

I have read a lot about there people I find them morbidly fascinating.

This family is ... wow.
They even hate us swedes, it's awesome :D

I always thought the base of a religion would be love and not hate. Buuuut apparently not in there case.

Watched the whole documentary with Louis Theroux before. Not sure what i feel about it. It's kinda mixed feelings with anger and pitty.

(Ohh btw, I liked what Br

Last edited:
Do you have a camcorder? Could you possibly get a taped interview with those folks and post it here? :madgrin:

Do you have a camcorder? Could you possibly get a taped interview with those folks and post it here? :madgrin:

Have you ever seen the FOX interview of Shirley Phelps? When even FOX hates them, then you know they are bad to the bone.

[YOUTUBE]b3PyoUPcobA[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]VEGLFJ-Nqq4[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
Holy Crap. Literally.
That Fox News interview with the chick was a screaming match. Such cacophony..

This is the protest I was talking about earlier.

[YOUTUBE]6u3F4n_t2Mw[/YOUTUBE]

All hail the great sodomobile!

Last edited: