Weird things people say to you about you? | INFJ Forum

Weird things people say to you about you?

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
People say the darndest things, so what are some of the weirdest things people have ever said to you about you? How did you respond?

Last edited:
Reactions: rawr and invisible
This boy in my ap chem class one time asked if he could be the Calcium to my Oxygen.

Yeah, I didn't know what to think of that, so I said "Sorry, I only do covalent relationships right now."

When I was watching my niece last weekend, she brought a friend over who was 5 or 6. That girl (super extraverted) asked my niece, "Doesn't your uncle care about anything?" That was minutes after meeting her for the first time. I thought it was interesting.

I am not exactly sure what she meant, I am nonchalant and I am quiet too, so I assume my overall demeanor is what led to that question.

She then proceeded to throw stuffed animals at me. :p

"You don't look like you speak English."
This was said to me after a guy (who was clearly an American English speaker) started speaking Spanish to me in an elevator. I was like why are you speaking to me in Spanish? And that was his answer.

Reactions: rawr
You are never depressed:)
Yeah, right...
Someone that did not know me so well. My Fe represents me in public like rather light person:)

Reactions: jyrffw54
That I was a controlling person.

I was once married to a deaf woman.
We were in a store and as was often the case I was being the sign language interpreter between her and one of the store clerks.

Another woman shopper came up and berated me for not letting my wife speak for herself.
"How dare you be so controlling of her!"
I was a bit shocked that someone could be so ignorant as to what was going on. I mean, we are signing to each other, and then I am speaking my wife's words and vice versa.
I didn't quite know how to react.
I relayed what the woman said to me to my wife. My wife then looked at her and using her voice and a finger gesture said Fuck you!
I then said, "How's that?"

Last edited:
I get called weird and different a lot, but I'm used to it now. I love it when they say it.

"You laugh at me for being weird, I laugh at you all for being the same." 1 of my favourite quotes, which isn't that great, but I still love it.

Do you have issues with alcohol?

Hee a dollar for every time I heard this one... I could buy a pitcher... o_O

I always get comments on my freckles. Recently a guy commented nicely on them and then immediately apologized and said "I bet you were picked on alot as a kid, huh?" I didn't bother to tell him I didn't have freckles when I was a kid. I actually get that alot. I love my freckles, pssh.

"You're weird, you don't make sense".

I get that a lot, but it more or less is true. The last bit is not completely true, I do make sense, just not a lot of people are able to figure it out quickly. Most of the "odd" things people say about me are true.

One guy told me that I must be a lesbian because I said no to his romantic overtures. I said, "you must of met a lot of lesbians in your life if every woman who has said no to you is one".

One guy told me I would die alone and bitter because I said I wasn't intersted in dating him. I told him that at least I would have the comfort of being alone.

Hum, I am detecting a pattern here...I usually try and be as nice as possible but I am more of a rip the band aid off quickly type of person than slowly peel it off...

One guy told me that I must be a lesbian because I said no to his romantic overtures. I said, "you must of met a lot of lesbians in your life if every woman who has said no to you is one".

One guy told me I would die alone and bitter because I said I wasn't intersted in dating him. I told him that at least I would have the comfort of being alone.

Hum, I am detecting a pattern here...I usually try and be as nice as possible but I am more of a rip the band aid off quickly type of person than slowly peel it off...

High quality women shouldn't apologize for having high quality standards in men. Not that you are apologizing, Sonyab. I just notice the men you used in these examples typify the cultural notion that women owe men some kind of reciprocation when romantic overtures are made. And if they (women) do not reciprocate, they are to be downgraded and insulted.

Bottom line: if you're awesome and know it, don't apologize when non awesome men can't have you.

Last edited:

Those guys clearly have a very high opinions of themselves.
"But, but, I'm God's gift to women! How can you turn me down?"

:pound:

Last edited:
I think men who are real gentlemen and who respect themselves and know their own worth would never result to insulting a woman just because she turned them down and instead would accept her answer and move on.

I think men who are real gentlemen and who respect themselves and know their own worth would never result to insulting a woman just because she turned them down and instead would accept her answer and move on.

Those are men of a bygone time(at least as a major component of society) that I have the fun being part of and deal with the ridicule... which bring up another fun question I've been asked:

Are you gay?

Somehow people don't understand I don't go to bars looking for tail... or looking for tail in general...

Reactions: 894tt3h9
I've gotten the "Are you Gay?" comment when other men find out I couldn't care less about football, or most other sports for that matter.

Apparently if you are Gay or Lesbian you aren't a sports fan in thier minds.

Last edited: