Weird Coincidences... | INFJ Forum

Weird Coincidences...

matty9999

Regular Poster
Dec 26, 2018
MBTI
intj
This thread does not really fit into the definition of ESP abilities so i thought i would list it separately.

Have you ever experienced any weird coincidences? if so what were they?

One example, today i was walking down the sidewalk in Brooklyn and i approached a female pitbull and her owner on the sidewalk.. the owner said shes friendly i stopped walking towards them because there was not enough room for me to pass the dog... I had actually seen this dog before, suddenly it lunged at me and dragged the owner with it... i said id go across the street.. the weird thing is, the last 3 dogs i have passed on the sidewalk decided to bark and.or lunge at me! normally most dogs around here are friendly ...so strange!

you mean synchronicity? you noticing connections between seemingly random coincidences? I don't believe in coincidences rly. It seems to me as if someone/something was looking out for you. Maybe it was not your day or karma to be bitten. Maybe im trippin

you mean synchronicity? you noticing connections between seemingly random coincidences? I don't believe in coincidences rly. It seems to me as if someone/something was looking out for you. Maybe it was not your day or karma to be bitten. Maybe im trippin

whats weird is since ive posted this, two more dogs same thing

This is the weirdest coincidence that has ever happened to me..
This will probably be really long, so forgive me.

I used to have this friend who lived in the middle of the forest in this old farmhouse, about an hour and a half away from me by car. I used to go over to her house a lot and we would drink wine and talk about life, and usually I would just stay the night. This one time I decided to drive home around midnight because I had to wake up early the next day [I had *not* been drinking]. I got into my car and started to drive home. everything was going ok until I saw this rabbit in the middle of the road. Not wanting to run over the bunny, I of course instinctively swerved a bit off the road, but I swerved too much and my car ended up in a very deep trench. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get my car out.. this realization set in and I began to panic. This was 10 or so years ago so smart phones were not yet a thing.. I opened my flip phone and I had no service since I was in the middle of nowhere. There were no street lights and no other cars, but in the distance I could see some lights.. it was a dimly lit house. I had to trudge through total darkness for maybe half a mile, blindly making my way towards the lights. When I got close enough I saw it was a small house with a few cars out front.. the porchlight was really bright. Even though it was probably around 1:30am at this point and I ran the risk of possibly being murdered or something, I took my chances and rang the doorbell. It was an older couple.. I told them what happened and they let me in and used their phone, but no one I called answered. It just so happened that they owned a car repair shop and the guy owned a tow truck. These people were incredibly nice. I hopped into the tow truck with him, and we drove down to where my car was and he pulled it out really easily. I got incredibly lucky that night.
About a week later my friend went to that repair shop to get her car worked on, and they somehow got to talking about it, and the guy said something like "that little girl was so scared.. I didn't tell her this, but that area she walked through is known to have lots of bears."
I've always felt I have had some sort of guardian angel looking after me.

Lost a valuable ring at a park when I was young. Went back near a hundred times for ballgames and combed the grass for it with no success. One day I was running, fell and it was right in front of my nose. I never fell on that field except that one time.

Similar thing happened when my daughter told me she had lost her cell phone on the track at school - the week before. It had rained, been mowed over, she was convinced it'd be junk if we did ever find it. I had a sense of where it would be and walked right to it. It was fine. Those good old flip phones took a licking LMAO.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wyote
I wouldn't worry, I think it just means you're the antichrist.

I have gone back and forth how I feel about this stuff lately.

Coincidences are coincidences. Random chances that you’re more aware of because of other things in your life. Think about it this way: so many other people experience the same stimuli you experience, but to them, it means nothing or something different

Now, this doesn’t mean that what you’re experiencing and your heightened awareness of it is all for nothing. These “reminders”, “clues”, or “nudges” help you ponder, reflect or move forward in ways that are best for you

Regarding your puppo problems... it's either your posture, walk, scent or all of the above. Dogs are very sensitive to smell and sounds. A lunge does not necessarily mean aggression, most often it means the owner doesn't have control and the dog is excited to meet/smell you. What you need to look for is ears back, growling, hunched posture... you'll know it when you see it.

... did you check the bottom of your shoes recently? LOL.

Reactions: G4RiiM
Regarding your puppo problems... it's either your posture, walk, scent or all of the above. Dogs are very sensitive to smell and sounds. A lunge does not necessarily mean aggression, most often it means the owner doesn't have control and the dog is excited to meet/smell you. What you need to look for is ears back, growling, hunched posture... you'll know it when you see it.

... did you check the bottom of your shoes recently? LOL.

Thanks, yea its strange bc i used not to have these sorts of problems with dogs in this neighborhood. I think it may have to do with the weather perhaps everyone is more grumpy including dogs. No, these were definite lunges, barking growling, attack postures, not sniffs! Especially the big pit, i have seen that pit before. Its a large female pit bull that is overweight and looks as if its given birth recently.

Reactions: MoonFlier
Rational, poo-on-the-shoe explanations aside, I always liked the Jung quote 'Whatever is rejected from the self, appears in the world as an event' when talking about meaningful coincidences. Maybe consider what aspect of the Self dogs symbolise to you personally, and archetypally, and reflect on whether that part of you has good reason to be pissed off with your egoic self?

If that sounds like rubbish to you, maybe go to a shelter and see if they all bark. If they do, I'm sticking with my original answer.

Or, you know, the poo-on-the-shoe thing.

Last edited:
Here's another weird coincidence... this one is totally crazy. in New York City there is a lot of furniture that people put outside because they don't need it things like chairs, tables, couches, etc. especially on trash day and i think bc theres not a lot of room here for storage people just toss stuff thats still usable. i was meaning to get a new foldable food tray because i normally eat in my living room. i went to take a look at a local shop that sells them and on my way there i found a wooden tray just like the one i wanted sitting in the street one block away from my apartment. i still have it right now. It was in perfect condition made of solid wood.

Reactions: Cornerstone
Rational, poo-on-the-shoe explanations aside, I always liked the Jung quote 'Whatever is rejected from the self, appears in the world as an event' when talking about meaningful coincidences. Maybe consider what aspect of the Self dogs symbolise to you personally, and archetypally, and reflect on whether that part of you has good reason to be pissed off with your egoic self?

If that sounds like rubbish to you, maybe go to a shelter and see if they all bark. If they do, I'm sticking with my original answer.

Or, you know, the poo-on-the-shoe thing.

I found the cause... im wearing a hat made out of real rabbit fur, which i dont normally wear during other seasons! good call, not on my shoe but on my head! The dogs are responding to the smell and nothing to do with me!

Reactions: MoonFlier
On several occasions growing up, an episode we'd talk about just happened to come up later that day / week. Coincidence, I think not.

I was travelling last summer and in conversation we'd just happen to bring up a very specific brand of Swedish yoghurt no one eats anymore, and guess what. Minutes later it shows up on my facebook feed. Again, could be a coincidence, but I'm on to you TV people.

Real though, I have some funny stories of weird coincidences and what not but they're so much better told in person.

Reactions: Wyote and neko
I found the cause... im wearing a hat made out of real rabbit fur, which i dont normally wear during other seasons! good call, not on my shoe but on my head! The dogs are responding to the smell and nothing to do with me!
There ya go! So glad you figured it out.
The animal lover in me says the fur looks better on the bunny anyway :D

Reactions: Wyote