We Should All Simultaneously Quit Our Jobs | INFJ Forum

We Should All Simultaneously Quit Our Jobs

myself

Permanent Fixture
Apr 1, 2009
MBTI
INFJ
Let us imagine the impact this will have.

Everyone must quit. (Exceptions for nurses/caretakers, firemen/medics, water distribution system workers, etc...)

Stop supporting this corruption.

We can do it! Do not be afraid!

We can all quit together and we can wipe the slate clean.

Clear all debt and drop the Mason Money!

Imagine...

Let us imagine the impact this will have.

Everyone must quit. (Exceptions for nurses/caretakers, firemen/medics, water distribution system workers, etc...)

Stop supporting this corruption.

We can do it! Do not be afraid!

We can all quit together and we can wipe the slate clean.

Clear all debt and drop the Mason Money!

Imagine...

You first!
Perhaps we should divide everything, and make sure every citizen has as much as the other.

When I was in high school, I liked to think of communism as something idealistic, which sadly could not be used in real life.
Lately however, I've stepped off the idea that such equality is even desirable.

It would take away the desire to be competitive and improve ourselves. Why would one study to become
a doctor, if you can earn as much when you're a secretary? Only for the intrinsic reward.
And I do not think that we should take away the extrinsic reward, because if you take that away, you might
prevent people from achieving the intrinsic reward because they're simply held back.

I'd like to get something out of my job later, and I don't want to see it as something I 'have to do
to serve someone who's making money on my back'. Do all people see having a job so negatively?
I for one, kind of look forward to having one, because I know I will:
- feel productive
- be more independent
- have the means to improve myself in other areas I'm currently working on
- achieve certain skills

Of course, I could be the naive student with little working experience, but every summer vacation I
work in a kitchen. It's a shitty job, but it feels so good to know you've been productive, and have
achieved something. You sleep much better, and physical labour isn't that bad. It has something
satisfying.

I'm a nurse so I guess I"m excluded. . . rats . .

This would be nice, but in order for the emergency crew to work, they need resources and supplies. Other workers make those supplies, yet other workers ship those supplies, yet other workers make the means by which to ship those supplies. Those workers depend on other workers to supply them with the energy and resources with which to be able to do their jobs, who then rely on other workers, etc. We live in an interdependent system. It's going to take a while to re-shift.

Reactions: Krypton
but i'm no longer in the workforce. should i quit doing housework and laundry?

I already did (but not for the reasons listed above).

Reactions: Skarekrow
According to my parents, going to school is my "job". I don't plan to quit my education soon.

I agree with [MENTION=1519]The Jester[/MENTION]

Reactions: Soulful
The key is doing what you love, I love what I do and would do it even if I didn't get paid for it. But being that I DO get paid for it means that I can do it all day, every day and it will support my current lifestyle without other means of support.

The key is doing what you love, I love what I do and would do it even if I didn't get paid for it. But being that I DO get paid for it means that I can do it all day, every day and it will support my current lifestyle without other means of support.

What do you do?

I have beef with this statement. Mothers are particularly fond of this statement. In my personal experience it's bullshit. I did what I loved --I was a professional musician for a couple years and it left me with absolute contempt for my music. One day I looked at my once 'passion in life' as a JOB and that sent me into an intense depression and I didn't pick up an instrument for 5 years. Now I'm not saying everyone is like me and of course, some people love what they do. I'm happy for those people, life would be so much easier for me if I felt this way. But for the percentage of people who feel the same as I do, no job is ever going to more than bearable. When it comes down to it, a job's a job, otherwise it wouldn't be a job --especially if you make any decent money at it. I guess you could also say I have beef with working in general. And you may be right.

*Disclaimer* I've always held a job (even in college) since I was 17 and have always worked my ass off and will continue to work my ass off.

Reactions: Sriracha
I have beef with this statement. Mothers are particularly fond of this statement. In my personal experience it's bullshit. I did what I loved --I was a professional musician for a couple years and it left me with absolute contempt for my music. One day I looked at my once 'passion in life' as a JOB and that sent me into an intense depression and I didn't pick up an instrument for 5 years. Now I'm not saying everyone is like me and of course, some people love what they do. I'm happy for those people, life would be so much easier for me if I felt this way. But for the percentage of people who feel the same as I do, no job is ever going to more than bearable. When it comes down to it, a job's a job, otherwise it wouldn't be a job --especially if you make any decent money at it. I guess you could also say I have beef with working in general. And you may be right.

*Disclaimer* I've always held a job (even in college) since I was 17 and have always worked my ass off and will continue to work my ass off.

I guess the thing for me is that It's never really felt at all like a job to me. I am never thinking about the money that comes from my projects at the time I am working on them and I don't do deadlines, my customers know that they will get it when it's finished and if they need it sooner there are a million big box places they can go. I've been working since I was 16 mostly in customer service and manual labor related fields. I started my business almost 4 years ago now and it's really the only thing I've done that doesn't feel like work to me. The thing is, I couldn't do nothing, the less I do the worse I feel. Activity is life.

I work for a non profit and plan on working for other non profits in the future.

I guess the thing for me is that It's never really felt at all like a job to me. I am never thinking about the money that comes from my projects at the time I am working on them and I don't do deadlines, my customers know that they will get it when it's finished and if they need it sooner there are a million big box places they can go. I've been working since I was 16 mostly in customer service and manual labor related fields. I started my business almost 4 years ago now and it's really the only thing I've done that doesn't feel like work to me. The thing is, I couldn't do nothing, the less I do the worse I feel. Activity is life.

I wish I felt the same way you do. :rockon: with your bad self! I couldn't do 'nothing' either, but not working doesn't necessarily have to mean you do nothing.

Let us live as free Beings!

Life comes free, food doesn't require any money. Animals get by just fine without a false economy.

Let us imagine humanity working together to produce an abundance of quality organic food, superior health care services, and real education.

We can do so much better without this fear based system of control.

We don't need to comply with this madness anymore. We want Peace!

Let us free ourselves.

There is much work to be done, and it will be so exciting.

Big change is coming, inevitably.

We can not depend on the elite to rule in our best interest.

We can stop working for money and begin working for us.

It's an empowering, joyful time of liberation!

The Truth shall set you free!

Life comes free, food doesn't require any money. Animals get by just fine without a false economy.
Life's free, but living isn't.

Let us imagine humanity working together to produce an abundance of quality organic food, superior health care services, and real education.
How exactly do we not have superior health care services or real education? Would you like to explain why you feel those systems are not functioning well?
Is it even possible to produce organic food for 7 billion people, let alone an abundance of it?

We can not depend on the elite to rule in our best interest.

So let's become the elite.

OH HELL NO..... wtf is wrong with you?!

Last edited:
Reactions: jyrffw54 and This
Peaceful non cooperation could effect change but needs unity amongst the workers on a grand scale; unity is growing around the world however as various protest movements begin to coordinate

However there is no point in demanding better pay or conditions because as soon as the resistance is appeased and settles down again the ruling class will simply start finding ways to take work and conditions off the workers again.

The only real solution is to change the system itself into one where the ruling class is disspossesed of wealth and power and hierarchies are removed in order to prevent new elites forming

The workers need to own the means of production

Money could be eradicated so that value is instead related to the actual usefullness of the things produced and not to profits

People could be free to chose what job they want to do to contribute and would only need to work enough time to achieve what's necessary (many hands make light work!)

Here's an Intro to anarchist communism (http://www.afed.org.uk/ace/afed_introduction_anarchist_communism.pdf) which on page 19 of 44 onwards talks about ways to build a new society out of the shell of the old ('prefiguration').

It discusses two methods of prefiguration: 'lifestylism' and 'dual power'

The world is reaching various crisis points and its going to become increasingly clear how money and the control of the money supply is the mechanism used by the ruling class to control us. Abolishing money altogether would be the ideal solution but it is unlikely to happen so perhaps the struggle at the moment should be over control of the money supply

Bill Still has made some good documentaries concerning this: 'Money masters' and 'The secret of Oz'