We Have Been Counted, and We Have Been Measured | INFJ Forum

We Have Been Counted, and We Have Been Measured

just me

Feb 8, 2009
MBTI
infj
How is a man(person) measured nowadays, I wonder?

How many different ways are we measured?

What is the essence of man? Some are measured for their wealth. Some, for their strength. Some are measured by their children.

Success can have so many meanings, too. How would I like to be remembered? Should I expect to be remembered?

I remember people that instructed me as a child. I remember people that made me laugh and smile. I remember those that loved me. I remember kindness and concern. Will those memories die as I die?

What profit has a man, though he has lived his life and has but trinkets of his past to look at. He has a fire inside, and the flame grows mightier every day. He feels within his spirit a calling to stop and listen. The earth overtakes all he had in this world. To stop and listen means to be run over and taken from. Your own brother, he steals from you. Your friends seek not your wisdom and understanding, but would rather take from you. The fire is growing mightier, though you keep it hidden within. May it be the fire within that gives man his worth? What fuels the fires inside man?

1. How diligently/intelligently one chooses one's ideals/goals/principles.
2. How diligently/persistently/successfully one pursues these.

The book of Ecclesiastes.

Who does the measuring?

A person measures their self, and is measured by others.

Which one is more important depends on the individual.

Writing on the wall?