We are number 9! We are number 9! | INFJ Forum

We are number 9! We are number 9!

*Puts on flame retardant suit.*

This may be self-defeating in a way, but I think the United States' low rankings in some of those opinion-based categories are due to the populace's ignorance. Comparing the citizenry's perceptions of its government with those from other nations is not a very good method. I wonder how they gathered data from North Korea, if at all?

Reactions: Blind Bandit
That entire Business Insider website is interesting...but downright scary. If even half the stuff in there is true, the US is in big, BIG trouble. :m194:

This may be self-defeating in a way, but I think the United States' low rankings in some of those opinion-based categories are due to the populace's ignorance. Comparing the citizenry's perceptions of its government with those from other nations is not a very good method. I wonder how they gathered data from North Korea, if at all?

This isn't some giant survey. They take many factors into account that are objective, not just opinions of the masses, to come to their sub indexes.

http://www.prosperity.com/downloads/2009LegatumMethodology.pdf

Last edited:
Now you've given Shai proof that Australia is more superior than America.

Now you've given Shai proof that Australia is more superior than America.

Correction, I have given such proof. I alone will bear the consequences of sharing this information. Let all gloating and glee on his part at the inferiority of America be directed at me and me alone.

This isn't some giant survey. They take many factors into account that are objective, not just opinions of the masses, to come to their sub indexes.

http://www.prosperity.com/downloads/2009LegatumMethodology.pdf
Okay. The "Business Insider" article's wording suggested that Americans were polled on the "Governance," "Health" and "Safety and Security" ratings.

Speaking of health care, I wonder why France's rating is so low? It's higher than ours, of course, but it's still only ranked 14th in the world, despite all the positive attention it gets.

And what are we doing up at number 7 in the Education category? Our academic standards are routinely trounced by countries like Japan (#20).

Okay. The "Business Insider" article's wording suggested that Americans were polled on the "Governance," "Health" and "Safety and Security" ratings.

Speaking of health care, I wonder why France's rating is so low? It's higher than ours, of course, but it's still only ranked 14th in the world, despite all the positive attention it gets.

And what are we doing up at number 7 in the Education category? Our academic standards are routinely trounced by countries like Japan (#20).

You will have to read the methodology they have used. It is actually is pretty interesting stuff. I was disappointed to see that "social capital" was so low for Japan given its much stronger emphasis to community.

Why would I need to gloat? I already knew it was true...

It would be kind of like doing a happy dance after finding out that the sky is blue at noon when the sun is out and it is not a cloudy day with 0 - 5% pollution.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was surprised to see Australia beat NZ and the Nederlands though...

I thought it was:
Scandanavia (all countries)
Switzerland
Japan
Nederlands
Singapore
New Zealand
Australia
Rest of the World.

Last edited by a moderator:
You will have to read the methodology they have used. It is actually is pretty interesting stuff. I was disappointed to see that "social capital" was so low for Japan given its much stronger emphasis to community.
You could have at least given me something to argue about. Now I'll have to go and read through pages of logically organized explanation before returning for some proper Ignorant-American rabble-rousing. :m106:

I guess I'll just have to settle for calling the study a typical load of European-Godless-commie rubbish for now, and get back to you later on the methodology.

Reactions: Satya
I guess I'll just have to settle for calling the study a typical load of European-Godless-commie rubbish for now, and get back to you later on the methodology.

Yes, because a study crafted by a privately owned, international investment organisation headquartered in Dubai is exactly where you would expect to find European-Godless-commie rubbish.

:m125:

This is a world by investors, for investors, that shall not cease to be invested in.

This is a world by investors, for investors, that shall not cease to be invested in.

If you want to know where the prosperity is, follow the money. Who has the money? The investors.

I'm going to invest my head into a pillow and you can't do anything about it.