Voting | INFJ Forum

Voting

Is voting a waste of time or does it matter?

• Total voters

Stu

Town Drunkard
Donor
Oct 30, 2009
MBTI
Enneagram
Is it a waste of time, or does it matter?

It depends on where and why the vote is taking place and whether or not it will be given any weight on any kind of important level.

I thought there would be a poll or something...

Edit: ...to vote on...

Edit Edit:.....the irony...oh the irony

It depends on the voting system as well as particulars of any given election.

First past the post plurality voting sucks. We should really move to Range Voting or better yet Re-Weighted Range Voting (a variant that allows Proportional Representation without any dependence on party affiliation.)

I am also firmly of the opinion that the ballots should include essays in which each candidate explains his or her platform and qualifications for the office. (We could make them accompany these with an affidavit when they file for ballot access, so that they could get convicted of perjury for including any falsehoods.)

I think voting might not matter because it's basically a waste of time.
However, your poll was worth all 3 seconds of my time.

I am also firmly of the opinion that the ballots should include essays in which each candidate explains his or her platform and qualifications for the office. (We could make them accompany these with an affidavit when they file for ballot access, so that they could get convicted of perjury for including any falsehoods.)
Nice! lol.

Reactions: the
By "voting" I meant voting in elections that determine the course of government either at a municipal, county, state or national level. Or if you are a bog trotter, village/town/city, county or national. For the Canucks it would be bar, Province, Nation....For the Aussies, what is it...in-front, out-back and God Save the Queen?

• Is voting a waste of time?
  • Does voting mater?
What the hell kind of choices are these?

I wont neg rep you, you already know my stance on voting.

Wouldn't it be ironic for me to vote in your poll if I think voting is a waste of time and/or doesn't matter?

Is it a waste of time, or does it matter?
i wouldn't say that voting is a waste of time, but more often than not the candidates available to vote for are a waste of time lol
btw i didn't do the poll because the options don't make sense

Wouldn't it be ironic for me to vote in your poll if I think voting is a waste of time and/or doesn't matter?

Exactly my thoughts. It is why I didn't vote ...*shrugs*...why change now....LOL