Video games. General comments. | INFJ Forum

Video games. General comments.

Eventhorizon

Permanently relocated
Banned
May 19, 2013
MBTI
INTJ
So a thread to say stuff related to video games.

When younger I played more than I do now. These days its either Minecraft or an FPS. I like story line though and my absolute favorite game of remembered years was Halflife.
Anyway I bought Witcher 3 and while I have to say I am impressed with the graphics and the size of the world, the story is boring. The game gives me no reason to care about the characters in it. Yes I am playing it. Theres a certain satisfaction with cutting someone in half after they have bad mouthed you... but beyond that ...
Anyway...

...The game gives me no reason to care about the characters in it. Yes I am playing it. Theres a certain satisfaction with cutting someone in half after they have bad mouthed you... but beyond that ...
Anyway...

I'm the same way when it comes to games. I can take crappy graphics over a good story-line and endearing characters any day. I have a much more pleasing and entertaining experience when I have some emotional investment in it. Hack and slashing can only go so far for me.

I am hugely invested in the video game world. I probably played more video games in my youth than 95% of everyone.

Witcher 3 has shit controls imho.

I love video games. Keep politics out of video games for fucks sake. Games are for everyone. They have always been for everyone. It has always been a far more progressive medium than others. Console games have been primarily developed and marketed to teen boys in the past and there are reasons for this. Our ability to create narratives with greater depth and complexity has changed the landscape. The line of what constitutes as a "game" is being blurred. Times change. Ideas change. Hopefully for the better.

/end rant

Though the controls of Witcher 3 are shit, I still enjoyed the game very much. I think I was more invested in 1 and 2 honestly. Fallout 4 is becoming another quick favorite. Any game that allows you choices in dialogue that could potentially (and often do) effect the outcome are right up my alley. As far as total immersion for me- Mass Effect Trilogy. Nothing grabbed me like that before or since. Tagging [MENTION=13729]Free[/MENTION] on that since we just had a massive debate on Mass Effect. :p

Though the controls of Witcher 3 are shit, I still enjoyed the game very much. I think I was more invested in 1 and 2 honestly. Fallout 4 is becoming another quick favorite. Any game that allows you choices in dialogue that could potentially (and often do) effect the outcome are right up my alley. As far as total immersion for me- Mass Effect Trilogy. Nothing grabbed me like that before or since. Tagging @Free on that since we just had a massive debate on Mass Effect. :p

Are you a Wing Commander fan? Pretty sure that's where the whole dialogue outcome play style originated, or where it was popularized anyway.

Are you a Wing Commander fan? Pretty sure that's where the whole dialogue outcome play style originated, or where it was popularized anyway.

Haha! Man I didn't think anyone would've remembered Wing Commander!and Yup, total fanboy here.

I certainly play them. Sometimes regularly, sometimes not.

Recently though I've played quite a few. MGS V, Fallout 4, Undertale. The last was pretty cool. It introduces itself as one thing and reveals itself to be something else entirely.

Reactions: TinyBubbles
I used to play lots of video games in the past, especially different MMORPGs (not only those but offline games too). Then I suddenly just got bored and stopped playing everything for a long time.

Now I'm excited to try new games again, but mostly I want to focus only on one game instead of many at the same time.

Black Desert Online has gotten my attention 2 years ago, also tried the closed beta and it was so much fun!! It looks like an awesome game with tons of stuff to do with beautiful graphics and world.

Can't wait for get it released in this spring!! :m096:

Reactions: TinyBubbles
New face for my watch.

20170830_125406.jpg

So a thread to say stuff related to video games.

When younger I played more than I do now. These days its either Minecraft or an FPS. I like story line though and my absolute favorite game of remembered years was Halflife.
Anyway I bought Witcher 3 and while I have to say I am impressed with the graphics and the size of the world, the story is boring. The game gives me no reason to care about the characters in it. Yes I am playing it. Theres a certain satisfaction with cutting someone in half after they have bad mouthed you... but beyond that ...
Anyway...
I mostly played strategy games: Crusader Kings II, Total War.

I like these games because it's fun to brutally crush an opponent. I loved taking their territory, their gold, and wiping their dynasty off of the map. I didn't stop there either. I administrated, I traded, and crashed economies through embargo.

I don't have time anymore.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Crazy change logs/bugs from Dwarf Fortress...

Rain kills everything it lands on
Vampire accuses baby of killing victim
Fat dwarves eating causes lag
Giraffe is trainable for war

Reactions: Eventhorizon
War giraffes sound cool but they eat a ton and take forever to grow up.

So, children basically. I like my war giraffes pre fed and pre trained thanks.

War giraffes sound cool but they eat a ton and take forever to grow up.
There easy to kill in real life. Is that true in the game as well? I've heard there necks referred to as space suits. The smallest cut leading to potential death.

There easy to kill in real life. Is that true in the game as well? I've heard there necks referred to as space suits. The smallest cut leading to potential death.

Most things are "easy" to kill in DF, and by virtue of that almost everything is dangerous. Even carp are deadly.

Reactions: Wyote