Flavus Aquila

Finding My Place in the Sun
Banned
Mar 14, 2009
Australia
MBTI
INTJ - A
Enneagram
The Democrats pulled just about every race and gender lever during their failed campaign. The two big groups they excluded (men and whites) cost them the election, and are now being categorised as trouble.

Is there ever any positive outcome when you exclude some race and/or gender from your political care/concern?

Are race and gender politics ever a good strategy?

@Flavus Aquila

Oh bullshit. What levers did they pull? How did they exclude men and white people? White people and men, especially white men, were never excluded in any way whatsoever. Show me one example of a prominent Democrat politician saying something bigoted toward white people or men or otherwise categorizing them as "trouble".

What happened was that Trump and the Republicans excluded women, people of color, immigrants, people with disabilities, Muslims, and LGBTQ+ people (among others). He was endorsed by the KKK, vowed to deport immigrants, vowed to ban Muslims from entering the country, vowed to overturn gay marriage, undo protections for LGBTQ people and immigrants, and has vowed to do away with Obamacare in addition to having no clear plan to move forward in the fight for the rights of the disabled. And that is just them getting started.

You live in an alternate fantasy universe.

Last edited:
Reactions: acd, Wyote and Jet
Is there ever any positive outcome when you exclude some race and/or gender from your political care/concern?
If you are focusing on the rights issues of one specific group of people it would muddy the waters to include everyone in the picture.

Reactions: CogentPursuit
@Flavus Aquila

Trololol.

"Democrats you are stupid, let's discuss." What's the point of another provocative slight to draw the same people with the same stances, including yourself, and just disagree with each other for another 16 pages or so?

Trump did a pretty good job of it. Unless you consider "grabbing them by the pussy" as inclusionary for women?

Reactions: acd
Democrats lost because of continued resentment over the sluggish economic recovery. Economics always trumps (pun very much intended) ideology. They blame Democrats for not being able to fix it and for being in bed with Wall Street who are still, rightfully, blamed for causing the subprime mortgage crisis. This is why Sanders had so much support as well and why he was pushed aside for Hillary. Simple economics. Sanders threatened Wall Street, so the money backs someone else.

Trump being a political outsider and a businessman shielded him from the blame, yet made him seem capable of fixing the economy. The problem is that he doesn't understand economics. He understands how to conduct business. These are two different things. It's like comparing referees to the players of a sporting event. America just turned one of its players into a referee and expects him to do a good job.

Presidential elections are like modern day rainmaking rituals in order to elicit a possible future that will hopefully benefit everyone. We may have a much greater degree of control over our economies in the modern era, but people still greatly overestimate how much control we actually possess.

Reactions: Jet and Wyote
The Democrats pulled just about every race and gender lever during their failed campaign. The two big groups they excluded (men and whites) cost them the election, and are now being categorised as trouble.

Are race and gender politics ever a good strategy?

No candidate nor the media talked about men's issues. Men still will commit suicide at a higher rate than women. Young men are still turning to drugs and alcohol and crime at higher rates. Men are still injured or die more often at the workplace. Men still get less help medically through donations and support groups or other areas. Men are still more likely to be left on the street homeless and without help.

I didn't vote Trump because he talked about Mens issues. I voted for Trump because as President he is supposed to look out for the country as a whole. It is the senate and houses job to create law that might help states help their people. I am not pro-men or pro-white. I am pro-America. Trumps major focus was jobs and jobs are something that helps all americans of any color or sex or heritage. .

I will add that I did lose more respect for the media and I had thought they learned their lesson but they are still pulling those levers. People are turning to alternate news sources and with todays internet it is easy to look deeper than what you are being told by the media. People are starting to watch the videos of what is actually said instead of listening to biased commentary. Oddly the media being so in the bag for Hillary to the degree that I felt as if they were telling me how to think instead of giving the information I needed (from news) in order to make educated decisions for myself really really pissed me off. Another thing that was really screwed up was the fact that we never get any good variety of candidates. By that I mean Clinton Man->Clinton Wife, Bush-> Bush Son-> Bush Son#2. Seriously, the presidency isn't a family business. Please stop it. As trump would say to the camera "Stop it."

Overall, I would say that the news isn't doing a good enough job of separating commentary, opinion, judgments, and speculation from plain old objective news. But maybe that is because good old dry and objective news just isn't as much fun and entertaining and so they don't make as much money.

Reactions: Flavus Aquila
@Flavus Aquila

Oh bullshit. What levers did they pull? How did they exclude men and white people? White people and men, especially white men, were never excluded in any way whatsoever. Show me one example of a prominent Democrat politician saying something bigoted toward white people or men or otherwise categorizing them as "trouble".

What happened was that Trump and the Republicans excluded women, people of color, immigrants, people with disabilities, Muslims, and LGBTQ+ people (among others). He was endorsed by the KKK, vowed to deport immigrants, vowed to ban Muslims from entering the country, vowed to overturn gay marriage, undo protections for LGBTQ people and immigrants, and has vowed to do away with Obamacare in addition to having no clear plan to move forward in the fight for the rights of the disabled. And that is just them getting started.

You live in an alternate fantasy universe.
Being that out of touch is such a losing formula.

There's too much post-election analysis, that's too ubiquitous to bother spelling it out. Read virtually any post election article on "what went wrong", with the Democrats' campaign, and then we can discuss something substantial; I'm not sure I want to quibble with a perspective that requires one to plant one's head under the sand.